Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 24, Allen Central 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tough fought game, thoughts and prayers goes out to the kid from Allen Central that was hurt at the end of the game.
Nice win bobcats!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats to BL
Congrats Bobcats!
Excellent start to the season for the Bobcats
Didn't get to see this one. How did Cory Jarrell look?
Cory looked good but he is out for the next two weeks because of a late hit at the end of the game, ref said it was helmet to helmet. Saw the hit clear, was a late hit out of bounds, but do not believe it was meant to be a late hit and Cory did not lead with his helmet. They might have banged heads after the shot because the boy's head did jerk hard from the impact, but thought the refs really missed the call saying he was leading with helmet. Hamilton kid from AC picked a ball off in the end zone and brought it up the side line and was knocked out of bounds but ran a few more steps just out of bounds and Cory hit him I believe with intent of knocking him out of bounds. Believe it was more of a "bang bang" play as ESPN would call it.
Good start to the season Bobcats!
Congrats BL.
Very proud of our guys, Good job offensive line..Started 2fresh 2soph and 1senior future looking good. had a starting lineman and middle LB out sick....D.Hamilton played well at QB just a soph. and nice running from A.Hall and C.Jarrell ..on other side of ball BL Defense had several red zone stops, #5 T.Direco had 2 big Ints and #21 B.Spencer had 3 or 4 big Sacks for loss.# 88 A.Kidd had a sack or two . These guys are really coming together and playing as a team..1st 3 and 0 start in school history. With Knott at home next week..Prayers go out to #8 for AC and his family. ..............GO BOBCATS!!!
No one ever gives credit to where credit is due, #33 is a good player the refs. over looked everything that was being done to him.. But when it happens to a home team thet are always in the right. I am not sayin what happen with Cameron Hamilton was right... but he kept pushing the wrong buttons and getting away with it....just sayin... Proud of the BOBCATS and Coach RED and other coaching staff... Had a lot of fan support that helps a team to do better know people are their to support them... Win or lose.. Right now is a winning season...3-0 First time history as I know as far as back 50 years or so. oops about to give this ole guy age away..
HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH#33 keep playing your hearts in it just remember their will always be games like this it good to beat A/C at home.....When you play the team and the refs... Prayers go out to Cameron Hamilton don't like to see anyone hurt but its FOOTBALL and somebody is gonna hit you..:1:
Looks like Betsy Layne is putting together another good season!
not in anyway am i for bl or ac...but i watched the game on ch 5 this morning and not for any reason should cory had been ejected..he had no penalties all night..what about the beginnig of the game whn jarrell was tackled and was trying to get back up a player from ac kicked him back down in front of the refs and a flag was not thrown..u could see it plain as day...it wasnt a late hit from what i seen on the replay this morning...both players were just in fast action play...if i was blhs i would def be appealing this call..does anyone know what the ref that threw the flag to start with called..even if it was a hit with helmet and it was the first flag on cory he should have never been ejected..footballs football...good luck to all area teams...u done a great job cory hold ur head up...
shady Wrote:no one ever gives credit to where credit is due, #33 is a good player the refs. Over looked everything that was being done to him.. But when it happens to a home team thet are always in the right. I am not sayin what happen with cameron hamilton was right... But he kept pushing the wrong buttons and getting away with it....just sayin... Proud of the bobcats and coach red and other coaching staff... Had a lot of fan support that helps a team to do better know people are their to support them... Win or lose.. Right now is a winning season...3-0 first time history as i know as far as back 50 years or so. Oops about to give this ole guy age away..
Hold your head high#33 keep playing your hearts in it just remember their will always be games like this it good to beat a/c at home.....when you play the team and the refs... Prayers go out to cameron hamilton don't like to see anyone hurt but its football and somebody is gonna hit you..:1:
smh
Panther Thunder Wrote:smh

What?
The refs were also bad on the other side of the ball... Fans only see what they want to see... The two point conversion that BL got to go up 24-14 was no good... The runner fell short of the goal line by about a yard and slid in... The ref called it good... Jarrell also did hit Hamilton about 2 yards out of bounds... It was a hard fought game between both teams and congrats to BL, but BL was not playing against the officials
cats_fan22 Wrote:The refs were also bad on the other side of the ball... Fans only see what they want to see... The two point conversion that BL got to go up 24-14 was no good... The runner fell short of the goal line by about a yard and slid in... The ref called it good... Jarrell also did hit Hamilton about 2 yards out of bounds... It was a hard fought game between both teams and congrats to BL, but BL was not playing against the officials

Im pretty sure i seen the tape..and jarrell had the ball over the td line before his knee hit the ground...Also i was standing on the track on BL's side and the hamilton kid was right on the sideline running full speed when he got hit..
How many times has this same kid been ejected from games? Come on it is not an accident to keep making poor choices. It is football and injuries will occur, I agree, but this behavior is unacceptable.
big yellow ball fan Wrote:How many times has this same kid been ejected from games? Come on it is not an accident to keep making poor choices. It is football and injuries will occur, I agree, but this behavior is unacceptable.

He should have been tossed in the South Floyd game. He had 3 penalty flags for his behavior in that game. And he was warned at least twice in the Allen Central game before being ejected from that one. It is football and things happen but when the same kid is allowed to continue with this behavior over and over it is no accident. The kid is a very good athlete but his behavior should be unacceptable.
This was the Clash of the Titans. Never seen a harder hitting contest. Brutal man, brutal. Congrats to both teams.
SHADY Wrote:No one ever gives credit to where credit is due, #33 is a good player the refs. over looked everything that was being done to him.. But when it happens to a home team thet are always in the right. I am not sayin what happen with Cameron Hamilton was right... but he kept pushing the wrong buttons and getting away with it....just sayin... Proud of the BOBCATS and Coach RED and other coaching staff... Had a lot of fan support that helps a team to do better know people are their to support them... Win or lose.. Right now is a winning season...3-0 First time history as I know as far as back 50 years or so. oops about to give this ole guy age away..
HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH#33 keep playing your hearts in it just remember their will always be games like this it good to beat A/C at home.....When you play the team and the refs... Prayers go out to Cameron Hamilton don't like to see anyone hurt but its FOOTBALL and somebody is gonna hit you..:1:

I wasn't at this game and I haven't seen any type of replay of anything, but I just want to get this straight, are you saying that this kid from AC deserved to get hurt on a illegal hit out of bounds?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I wasn't at this game and I haven't seen any type of replay of anything, but I just want to get this straight, are you saying that this kid from AC deserved to get hurt on a illegal hit out of bounds?
Bam.
::Famous:: Wrote:Im pretty sure i seen the tape..and jarrell had the ball over the td line before his knee hit the ground...Also i was standing on the track on BL's side and the hamilton kid was right on the sideline running full speed when he got hit..

I'm glad you seen the tape but I was right at the goal line and he hit the ground well short of the goal line... It's not what beat AC i was just replying to another comment that said BL was playing against the officials when they weren't
Colonel Kill Wrote:He should have been tossed in the South Floyd game. He had 3 penalty flags for his behavior in that game. And he was warned at least twice in the Allen Central game before being ejected from that one. It is football and things happen but when the same kid is allowed to continue with this behavior over and over it is no accident. The kid is a very good athlete but his behavior should be unacceptable.

Arent you a coach? You are openly talking about kid from another team. Your very lucky if you continue to get to coach. You and gotcha, need to realize that the good coaches dont get on this site and talk.
:ChairHit:
Coach or not...there was nothing wrong on what he said.
Congrats to BL.
Nice job Bobcats.
I really thought Allen Central would be a little stronger this season. Would like to see a Allen Central/ Hazard matchup in the playoffs sometime soon.
Brother Xavier Wrote:Coach or not...there was nothing wrong on what he said.

Agreed.
gotcha2 Wrote:I know of at least one ejection during football last season. Pretty sure there was at least one in baseball a few years back. I can also recall numerous "incidents" over the past few years during scrimmages and passing leagues where some one "was out of control". One incident in particular his father tried to hit a player on the opposing team.
yeah u should know...lol....
Pages: 1 2