Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Covington Catholic 28, Boone County 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
congrats to CC
I was wrong, I thought CCH would blow the doors off the Rebels
Covcath is no better than they have been for the last 4 years. Highlands will running clock them again.
As I am a CCH fan I'll say this, Cov Cath wasn't able to use what they're good at in this game. The field was an absolute mess, they weren't able to pass the ball because the receivers were sliding everywhere. They need to learn to play with that type of adversity that they've never had to deal with.

Boone Co. deserves a lot more credit than they are receiving. They have a strong defense and their passing game is something that they've never seemed to have. I was thoroughly impressed with they way that they came out to play in this game.

I do think that if this game is played on turf, Cov Cath blows Boone away, but like I said, they need to be able to deal with adversity and play in conditions that they are not used to.
9/9/2011
Covington Catholic 28 Boone Co. 20

Covington Catholic 0 7 14 7 28
Boone Co. 0 7 7 6 20
Scoring summary:
B--Bryson Thompson 2 run (Kameron Schwartz kick); C--Clint Massie 6 pass from Blake Bir (Devon Talkers kick); B--Thompson 26 pass from Schwartz (Schwartz kick); C--Gabe Gray 6 run (Talkers kick); C--Gray 47 run (Talkers kick); C--Austin Oberhausen 15 fumble return (Talkers kick); B--Drew Stuck 1 run (kick failed).
Records: Covington Catholic 3-1, Boone Co. 3-1

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1XXOh29OM
nkyfootball81 Wrote:As I am a CCH fan I'll say this, Cov Cath wasn't able to use what they're good at in this game. The field was an absolute mess, they weren't able to pass the ball because the receivers were sliding everywhere. They need to learn to play with that type of adversity that they've never had to deal with.

Boone Co. deserves a lot more credit than they are receiving. They have a strong defense and their passing game is something that they've never seemed to have. I was thoroughly impressed with they way that they came out to play in this game.

I do think that if this game is played on turf, Cov Cath blows Boone away, but like I said, they need to be able to deal with adversity and play in conditions that they are not used to.

It seems Cov Cath fans have excuses every game for why they did not win or win more convincingly.
sstack Wrote:It seems Cov Cath fans have excuses every game for why they did not win or win more convincingly.
like any other team but I guess they were just not "lucky" to have a dry turf
sstack Wrote:It seems Cov Cath fans have excuses every game for why they did not win or win more convincingly.

The thing is, I'm not using this as an excuse. Any person that knows anything about football would say that it's a completely different ball game when on turf or grass (mud). Because the terrain definitely played a role in the way that Cov Cath's offense producted. I specifically said that Cov Cath needs to learn to be able to play in those types of conditions. I also said that Boone deserves a lot more credit than what they're given. I don't understand where you get the idea that I'm using that as an excuse for the close game. But hey, everyone on here is ignorant in their own ways.
^ Great post. For a team that only practices and plays on a artificial serface, making the adjustment to horrendous field conditions is a struggle, more so than the team that practiced on that same poor field for the previous week.
Congrats CC
Stardust Wrote:^ Great post. For a team that only practices and plays on a artificial serface, making the adjustment to horrendous field conditions is a struggle, more so than the team that practiced on that same poor field for the previous week.

They have a grass field they could practice on (the base ball field), so on games you have on natural grass, would make sense to practice there. Blame coaching for not having team prepared.
sstack Wrote:They have a grass field they could practice on (the base ball field), so on games you have on natural grass, would make sense to practice there. Blame coaching for not having team prepared.

No, you do not tear up a baseball field on football! CCh has open field, and there is no reason to take away from the baseball players only to have a football team tear up their field.
Covington Catholic is a very solid team. I talked to a reporter who covered Boone this year and he said that Boone is very impressive. The Rebels may be better than what anyone expected.
^ I agree with you about CCH. I'm still not convinced that Boone is that good or if this was more to do with the field conditions and the Colonels being out of their element. If this game was played on a dry field, I believe the Colonels are 4 TD's better
Stardust Wrote:^ I agree with you about CCH. I'm still not convinced that Boone is that good or if this was more to do with the field conditions and the Colonels being out of their element. If this game was played on a dry field, I believe the Colonels are 4 TD's better

I am still not convinced Boone or CCH is that good. It will be fun watching the next several games to determine how good both are. I do know that CCH is better (much better) than Western who was ranked 5th in 4A; just not sure if they are better than Lex Cath and Boyle yet.
Stardust Wrote:No, you do not tear up a baseball field on football! CCh has open field, and there is no reason to take away from the baseball players only to have a football team tear up their field.

Yea, I guess you are right.
The field really wasn't that bad. Not to where they should be making a big deal over it. There was no real slipping and wiping out except for a couple Boone players after catching the ball and one time when the CovCath rb came out of the backfield.

Boone's offensive line looked Horrible, Covcath's line ate them up.
Boone looked faster than Covcath by a long shot but at the same token Covcath looked Bigger by a decent amount.

So if anything the mud affected Boone more, The bigger team plays better in the mud while the faster team fails to get grip and blow by people in the mud. Also that late fumble could of been cause by the mud so i wouldn't quite say CC would have been SOOO much better on turf.
sstack Wrote:I am still not convinced Boone or CCH is that good. It will be fun watching the next several games to determine how good both are. I do know that CCH is better (much better) than Western who was ranked 5th in 4A; just not sure if they are better than Lex Cath and Boyle yet.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think CCH is in Highlands caliber. But now that Elliott is out, I believe the Colonels are the next best team. I truly beleive they would beat NCC and Beechwood, but will they compete with the Birds - that's still going to be a stretch. So, you may not think they are that good - but they are the best of the rest:1:
Iloveyou Wrote:The field really wasn't that bad. Not to where they should be making a big deal over it. There was no real slipping and wiping out except for a couple Boone players after catching the ball and one time when the CovCath rb came out of the backfield.

Boone looked faster than Covcath by a long shot but at the same token Covcath looked Bigger by a decent amount.

So if anything the mud affected Boone more, The bigger team plays better in the mud while the faster team fails to get grip and blow by people in the mud. Also that late fumble could of been cause by the mud so i wouldn't quite say CC would have been SOOO much better on turf.

I believe your assessment, you were there. But Mud DOES affect passing teams. CCH is certainly more of a passing than running team. If this was on turf or a dry field, maybe this game is different, maybe not. Bottom-line, the better team still won, no matter what the score was.
Stardust Wrote:Don't get me wrong, I don't think CCH is in Highlands caliber. But now that Elliott is out, I believe the Colonels are the next best team. I truly beleive they would beat NCC and Beechwood, but will they compete with the Birds - that's still going to be a stretch. So, you may not think they are that good - but they are the best of the rest:1:

You are probably right, but not completely sure they would beat NCC and Beechwood. I know they do not play NCC, but I think they do play beechwood this season.
Iloveyou Wrote:The field really wasn't that bad. Not to where they should be making a big deal over it. There was no real slipping and wiping out except for a couple Boone players after catching the ball and one time when the CovCath rb came out of the backfield.

:hilarious: please tell me you're joking. Cov Cath's receivers couldn't get out of a cut. And the fumble had nothing to do with the mud considering the kid was never tackled. The ball wouldn't be muddy or Boone would have thrown a new dry ball in. And to back that up, #2 for Boone made a phenomenal interception in the third quarter. If the mud was a factor that would have slipped through his hands
sstack Wrote:You are probably right, but not completely sure they would beat NCC and Beechwood. I know they do not play NCC, but I think they do play beechwood this season.

This week:Thumbs:
^ Should be great game! I'm excited to watch two very experienced teams go head to head. One of my nephews plays for Beechwood and the other for Cov Cath. From what I've heard, the senior classes at each school don't get along very well. So should be an aggressive game and everyone seems that they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulder. Can't wait for Saturday afternoon!
nkyfootball81 Wrote::hilarious: please tell me you're joking. Cov Cath's receivers couldn't get out of a cut. And the fumble had nothing to do with the mud considering the kid was never tackled. The ball wouldn't be muddy or Boone would have thrown a new dry ball in. And to back that up, #2 for Boone made a phenomenal interception in the third quarter. If the mud was a factor that would have slipped through his hands

If mud never made the ball wet then it didn't affect the bad ball thrown. just stop making excuses for CC, both teams played a rough game and each could win on any given day.
Congrats Cov Cath!
Last week it was too hot and the ball was too slippery from the heat for Covcath. This past game against Boone the field was too muddy. This week against Beechwood the sun may be too bright. Then the following week it will be that they're not used to playing in the dark. Maybe it's just they're not any good anymore.
Okay, where did I once say mud caused the bad ball thrown. There were no bad balls thrown due to a wet ball (BECAUSE THE BALL WASN'T WET!). But the receivers were slipping out of their cuts, causing the timing to be off with the QB and WRs. For the third time, I never used this as an excuse. You all look at half of a post and take from what you read as to what you skimmed over. Seriously, people on here have no knowledge of football whatsoever. I can guarantee half of them never played football at the high school level.

And how can a ball be slippery from heat? I never saw one post saying that. Wideleft01 you constantly bash Cov Cath by saying they're no longer good. Well tell me what teams are better than them as of this point in 4A. I know you will say Highlands, which I agree as of now until they play each other. But honestly, who else is better? They've lost one game all year long to a GCL South team who is much better than they receive credit for. They just beat the NKY 6A powerhouse on their own field. Where can you say that they're bad? You seem like just another one of those people who have to find a way to constantly go after a team just because you can. They haven't shown any weakness this year in the state of Kentucky.