Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Hardin 28 Boyle County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone not satisfied with Boyle being a top 5(likely top 3) team in 4A this year is being unrealistic.

Anyone who thinks losing to Highlands and John Hardin, possibly LexCath and the team from Indy is something to lose faith in the team and implode about will find themselves on an island all alone. People won't enjoy losing those games but those boys are playing to their potential. Losing to teams that are better than yours happens. I hope Rebel fans can keep some perspective. We aren't great(yet) but we are still good and still better than a large majority of our class.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Anyone not satisfied with Boyle being a top 5(likely top 3) team in 4A this year is being unrealistic.

Anyone who thinks losing to Highlands and John Hardin, possibly LexCath and the team from Indy is something to lose faith in the team and implode about will find themselves on an island all alone. People won't enjoy losing those games but those boys are playing to their potential. Losing to teams that are better than yours happens. I hope Rebel fans can keep some perspective. We aren't great(yet) but we are still good and still better than a large majority of our class.
If Boyle loses to Indy Arsenal Tech, they will not deserve to be ranked in the top 4 of 4A - but they should not have any trouble winning that game. Well coached teams with young talent always have doubters in the stands who jump back on the bandwagon just in time for another playoff run.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Anyone not satisfied with Boyle being a top 5(likely top 3) team in 4A this year is being unrealistic.

I agree.

Everyone needs to accept that Boyle County isn't as good as they have been. They are still good. Boyle County had their chances against John Hardin and Highlands but when you have turnovers and terrible execution against a great team then you are bound to lose. Just continue to get better and move on.
Hatz Wrote:BTW, looking at your monikor, congrats on the great start down in Laker territory.

Thanks, I could only hope that the Russell County School system and community would support the school's team like you guys in Boyle do. We have a group of young men who are capable of going well beyond the typical Laker season. It's an opportunity to perhaps start a "program" or could just as easily become 1-2 over-performing years.

Good luck with the rest of the season...however, come playoff time there's a good chance that we could end up against Boyle, in which case, I hope you loose one more. LOL
laker20 Wrote:Thanks, I could only hope that the Russell County School system and community would support the school's team like you guys in Boyle do. We have a group of young men who are capable of going well beyond the typical Laker season. It's an opportunity to perhaps start a "program" or could just as easily become 1-2 over-performing years.

Good luck with the rest of the season...however, come playoff time there's a good chance that we could end up against Boyle, in which case, I hope you loose one more. LOL

Ron Finley had a GREAT program down there. They just didn't maintain it after he left.

This is a chance to build on what he had and take your program to another level as well.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If Boyle loses to Indy Arsenal Tech, they will not deserve to be ranked in the top 4 of 4A - but they should not have any trouble winning that game. Well coached teams with young talent always have doubters in the stands who jump back on the bandwagon just in time for another playoff run.

That's encouraging. I have been led to believe that Indy Arsenal is a pretty good team and probably better than us. I know nothing of them other than hearsay.

And you are right....the doubters are getting louder but they'll be back or silenced once we get back to winning.
rebs Wrote:Hey Jack, I don't understand your problem with Mason. If you watched the game, you would have seen that the plays weren't the problem, the execution was the problem. It doesn't matter what play is called if the running back gets hit in the back field or the qb and receivers don't make plays. Mason's got 7 rings and has ran the offense for 2 of them I think the big guy has an idea of what plays to call. The offense of players need to step their game up because the coaches can only do so much.

Let me ask you a queston.When you're trailing 21 to 0 at the end of the third quarter, and you've already run the ball up the gut probably 35 times and the defense is loading the box with 8 or 9 men on every play,and you got no rushing yds hardly at all,why are you still running it up the gut.it's like beating a dead horse you're not going to get anything out of it why keep doing it?the defense knows what's coming on every play it's easy to defend.i don't have a problem with Mason personally but his play calling is terrible.
king360 Wrote:Don't forget about the Black Bears!

As much as I like Harlan Co., they won't widely be taken seriously as a title contender until they get a true signature win. The only chance the Bears get to do that in the regular season is the final game against Bell Co..

It's probably not fair, but that's just the way it is...
Guys boyle co has lost to highlands and John hardin. I wouldn't panic just yet. With the exeption of trinity probably any team in the state would be 2-2 right now. I'm sure they will be a force to be delt with come November. My question to the boyle co people is who is better highlands or hardin?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Let me ask you a queston.When you're trailing 21 to 0 at the end of the third quarter, and you've already run the ball up the gut probably 35 times and the defense is loading the box with 8 or 9 men on every play,and you got no rushing yds hardly at all,why are you still running it up the gut.it's like beating a dead horse you're not going to get anything out of it why keep doing it?the defense knows what's coming on every play it's easy to defend.i don't have a problem with Mason personally but his play calling is terrible.

We ran 48 plays last night. 24 rushes, 24 passes. At some point we have to execute against teams equal to or better than us.
Befor anyone thinks I'm turning my back on the Boyle players or coaching staff i'm not,but in my opinion coach Mason's offense is so predictable on every play it's way to easy to defend.yes John Hardin's defense was awsome even better than Highlands in my opinion, they were living in Boyle's back field on every snap,but as a coach when something is not working try something else. Mason is a good coach,but if it's not working you have to improvise.you have to at least try to give your self a chance to win,and at this point i don't think he's doing that.win or lose i'm still a Rebel fan.
RebelPride12 Wrote:We ran 48 plays last night. 24 rushes, 24 passes. At some point we have to execute against teams equal to or better than us.

I was guessing at the number of carries,and i'm suprised that we passed the ball 24 times.i would have guessed maybe 12 to 15 at the most.is it lack of execution on the offensive line or just lack of talent.i thought after watching last years jv team that we would have a good line this year.maybe i expect to much.
wow didn't see a shut out coming
BC

7 1st downs
48 plays for 121 yards
24 rushes for 18 yards
8-24 103 yards 2 ints
6 penalties for 24 yards
0/9 3 downs
0/2 4th downs

JH

11 1 st downs
59 plays
48 rushes 186 yards 3 Tds
5-11 90 yards 1 Td 1 int
8 penalties for 50 yards
4/11 3th downs
3/3 4th downs
Wasn't gonna get on for a couple of days but decided to. Congrats to John H. Better team won. After watching the LexCath/JH game it's easy to see JH's weakness is pass defense. Unfortunately we are not passing it well right now. Because of that I think Highlands is better. JH's size is negated by a quick accurate qb.

Our problems before the season are still the same as we have now. New qb and new Oline. Plus that new bunch starts the season with 4 (or 5) pretty good teams. Not much time to get game experience before hitting the big boys. Can't be loaded every year. Just have to keep working.
cctiger Wrote:I agree with you wide left I hope they come in and put a running clock on them because they are bad and it just keeps going down hill after this year. But just look at the kids numbers I'm just trying to help Boyle fans see where the problem is and when u have 8 times the ints to tds there is a problem.

Why don't you look at the stats from this game and see that the QB accounted for the vast majority of Boyle's offensive yards? The problem is that the O-line is giving Whittle no time, and Cox no holes to run through. But JH had some very big guys on defense.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Why don't you look at the stats from this game and see that the QB accounted for the vast majority of Boyle's offensive yards? The problem is that the O-line is giving Whittle no time, and Cox no holes to run through. But JH had some very big guys on defense.

He completed 33% of his passes with 2 INT's. However, it wasn't just Whittle. It was the whole team. 11 as 1. Just keep working hard Rebels!
To those of you telling me not to forget Harlan County im not.
I hope you all are right and HC can compete with those two.
However, BG and JH are just on a different level IMO.
I think HC is a clear favorite in the east right now but when it comes to those two, they are playing exceptional football right now and i dont know if HC will play anyone on there schedule that has the talent or speed of those two especially when it comes to defending the pass like those to are liable to throw out at HC if they meet in the championship.
Either way i think HC will be there, but you cant deny the excellent wins that BG and JH, especially JH with Boyle and Lex Cath, have racked up this year.
BoyleCounty Wrote:He completed 33% of his passes with 2 INT's. However, it wasn't just Whittle. It was the whole team. 11 as 1. Just keep working hard Rebels!

Right, it's a team effort. i was just pointing out to this blankety blank that you can't possibly blame the poor performance entirely on the qb.
Wideleft01 Wrote:You're always on the Boyle QB. Cut the kid some slack. Your whole team is bad. Not just the QB.

I hope Highlands gets to come back in there and put the running clock on ya.

First of all, Tiger is no Boyle County fan. No true fan would get on a message board and single out a kid for criticism like he has. He's either some punk kid just trying to stir things up or an immature adult who should keep his mouth shut. Either way, he's no fan of ours, so don't group him with us and say 'your'.
2nd, to come to our QB's defense was admirable (and surprising) of you, but you more than returned to your obnoxious self with your next statement; however, our whole team is NOT bad. We certainly aren't as good as we've been the last two years and we knew we wouldn't be. You can't lose your entire O Line, QB, 2nd leading rusher, and 5 out of your top 6 leading tacklers (including Mr. Football) and expect to pick up where you left off.
Against Highlands, we had 5 kids starting on the O Line that had never started a varsity game. And as far as I can remember, that was only the 2nd varsity game the QB had started. That's a pretty tough initiation, and we still scored 14 pts on you. So your 'whole team is bad' comment is uncalled for, as are many of your comments. And you can take your running clock and stick it.
You have once again managed to shove Highlands into a thread that had nothing to do with them. In case you didn't notice, this was a John Hardin/Boyle Co. thread.
-
Tiger is a keyboard gangster. He won't come to our bleachers talking that stupidity. Neither will wideleft.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Tiger is a keyboard gangster. He won't come to our bleachers talking that stupidity. Neither will wideleft.

:hilarious:
RebelPride12 Wrote:Tiger is a keyboard gangster. He won't come to our bleachers talking that stupidity. Neither will wideleft.

No matter who you are, that is funny RebelPride12!

:biglmao:
Boyle must be down, don't seem to be able to score like they have last few years.
Didn't see this one coming! Congrats John Hardin on the big win!
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:First of all, Tiger is no Boyle County fan. No true fan would get on a message board and single out a kid for criticism like he has. He's either some punk kid just trying to stir things up or an immature adult who should keep his mouth shut. Either way, he's no fan of ours, so don't group him with us and say 'your'.
2nd, to come to our QB's defense was admirable (and surprising) of you, but you more than returned to your obnoxious self with your next statement; however, our whole team is NOT bad. We certainly aren't as good as we've been the last two years and we knew we wouldn't be. You can't lose your entire O Line, QB, 2nd leading rusher, and 5 out of your top 6 leading tacklers (including Mr. Football) and expect to pick up where you left off.
Against Highlands, we had 5 kids starting on the O Line that had never started a varsity game. And as far as I can remember, that was only the 2nd varsity game the QB had started. That's a pretty tough initiation, and we still scored 14 pts on you. So your 'whole team is bad' comment is uncalled for, as are many of your comments. And you can take your running clock and stick it.
You have once again managed to shove Highlands into a thread that had nothing to do with them. In case you didn't notice, this was a John Hardin/Boyle Co. thread.
-

I can agree with what you said. I shouldn't have run down the rest of the team in defending the QB. I know Boyle won't always be down, but they are right now. It's a combination of many factors. I do hate to see people blasting the Qb though. It's not his fault. I'm certain no one wants the team to succeed more than he does.

I for one, thought Boyle would still beat John Hardin based on John Hardin's inability to stop the run over the years. I guess Hardin is better than what they've been in the past. I'd have liked Boyle to whip Hardin.
bigtitandaddy Wrote:Boyle must be down, don't seem to be able to score like they have last few years.

We are still one of the top 5 teams in 4A but this team is not yet equal to Coach French's previous 3 teams at Boyle. They can be but they'll have to work harder than ever before to attain the level of success people are accustomed to seeing from Boyle County. I think the only people surprised or that should be surprised are people that are not fans in the area. I think everyone in Boyle County knew there was a tough task at hand when we saw the schedule. We will be at our best in late October/early November and that is cool with me.
Wideleft01,

JH's inability to stop the run? WHAT?

Um, when JH played Highlands in the 5-A final a few years back, JH had the No. 1 rushing yards allowed defense in the state.

Check JH's stats on its KHSAA scoreboard page.

JH is one of the best in its class, year in and year out, at stopping the run.

2011: 228 allowed in four games (against a heck of a schedule)
2010: 1330 allowed in 14 games
2009: 558 allowed in 14 games entering final against Highlands
2008: 2012 allowed in 14 games

So last three seasons (including this one), John Hardin has allowed LESS THAN 100 YARDS rushing per game.

How is that an inability to stop the run?
cksportsfan Wrote:Wideleft01,

Um, when JH played Highlands in the 5-A final a few years back, JH had the No. 1 rushing yards allowed defense in the state.

So last three seasons (including this one), John Hardin has allowed LESS THAN 100 YARDS rushing per game.

I'm guessing here, but I can remember in another thread where a HHS fan (I think it was him) was talking about last years semi final game, and how Christian Co. ran all over JH's defense, so I'd say that's the reference. Christian did rush for over 220 yds that game, but Bubba Tandy had 185 of them, and he would rush for 200 yds against a lot of teams. For some reason, he only carried the ball twice against us last yr. for -2 yds., but he did run a kickoff back for a TD. I can say this--JH's run defense was very good against us last week. Some of the problem was our lack of execution, but give credit where credit is due.
cksportsfan Wrote:Wideleft01,

Probably because in the state finals vs. HHS, John Hardin gave up over 300 yards on the ground to the Bluebirds. :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3