Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 35 - Whitley County 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final

Bell County 35

Whitley County 10
Congrats Bell Co.
Atleast we got into the endzone this time....
I wasnt to dissapointed in this performance. These are young kids that are getting better every single week.
Whitley outrushed Bell tonight which i found amazing considering where we have been the past few weeks.
On to Clay Co next week for Whitley. This is a huge gme for the colonels. Its going to be really important for us to pick up a win and make a game of it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wasnt to dissapointed in this performance. These are young kids that are getting better every single week.
Whitley outrushed Bell tonight which i found amazing considering where we have been the past few weeks.
On to Clay Co next week for Whitley. This is a huge gme for the colonels. Its going to be really important for us to pick up a win and make a game of it.
Agreed RIUTG. Those kids grew up a lot in this game. The looked much improved moving the ball on offense. I was very pleased with their run defense as well. Davenport finished with just under 100 yards. Also, it was also glad to see they didn't give up too many big plays.

Hopefully they can pick up a win against Clay and get some confidences built up.
congrats to BC
Thought WC looked better tonight. The Eseedro boy looked good at qb if he continues to grow that could help Bryant out also. Over all was proud of the effort from the Colonels, wasn't able to say that last week. Keep it rolling the right directionTongueirateSho
Good win Bobcats! We worked on some new things tonight.
Second game I've seen of the Bobcats. This wasn't the team I watched against Lex. Laff. They were very flat and seemed to overlook Whitley. Whitley had a good game plan at stopping the Davenport kid. Saw some passing tonight by Bell I didn't think would ever happen. The Colonels weren't as shabby as everybody let on. They are very strong and physical. Keep roll'in Cats!
Congrats Bell, nice job
Congrats Bobcats!
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:The Colonels weren't as shabby as everybody let on. They are very strong and physical. Keep roll'in Cats!

I've been saying that since they played Russell Co in their fist game. They have a lot of the tools in place, they've just had a tough schedule for such a young team. Defensively, I'd think they will match up better with power teams vs speed teams. Offensively, they just need to be a bit more multi-dimensional than they were in the first game they played.

Unfortunately, they don't have a lot of opportunities to win in the schedule they have, but perhaps that FG at Rock was getting over the first hurdle.

Congrats Bobcats and Colonels :Cheerlead
I'm impressed Whitley kept the score this close. They can try to use that to build off of and get these kids some confidence.
Congrats Bell Co.
If Whitley can grow up A LOT over the next month, than they might be ready for the playoffs. I honestly see a 3-7 regular season, however, its gonna be tough. The more everyone settles in and the freshman QB Ysidro can become use to the speed of the high school game we should be alright.
Good win for the Bobcats!!!
We are getting better, but Bell was flat and if you have ever played athletics you know that team will have mental letdowns. our kids had their backs against the wall and we had to come out fighting and we did. Bell is a great team and still the team that everyone in the mountain better have great respect for. I am pround of our kids and we can build on this and should give us great confidence.. Davenport is unbelievable, as good as i have ever seen.
I agree 100% with redstorm. Bell was flat and WC had something to prove. They will be ok. Ysidro and Bryant give them a nice backfield.

good luck to Whitley the rest of the year! Very classy program and Coaches.

Bell needs to learn from that game and get ready for district time. :1:
redstorm Wrote:We are getting better, but Bell was flat and if you have ever played athletics you know that team will have mental letdowns. our kids had their backs against the wall and we had to come out fighting and we did. Bell is a great team and still the team that everyone in the mountain better have great respect for. I am pround of our kids and we can build on this and should give us great confidence.. Davenport is unbelievable, as good as i have ever seen.

In my honest opinion....and I'm not trying to take a shot at Bell...They would have not enjoyed near the succes they have without him. Bell has had a lot of very good players over the last few years...he changes the game.
To be honest, I am surprised that Whitley Co was able to score in this game! I was expecting them to either get shutout or maybe get a FG!

Congrats Bobcats!
redstorm Wrote:We are getting better, but Bell was flat and if you have ever played athletics you know that team will have mental letdowns. our kids had their backs against the wall and we had to come out fighting and we did. Bell is a great team and still the team that everyone in the mountain better have great respect for. I am pround of our kids and we can build on this and should give us great confidence.. Davenport is unbelievable, as good as i have ever seen.

:Thumbs:The Ysidro at QB is going to get better every game. I was very impressed with him. Hats off to WC good luck rest of the season.
Congrats BC
Sounds like Whitley is getting better.
Davenport is a different kind of animal than im use to seeing Bell have. Kind of reminds me of the Robbins kid that was there with his speed and shifty mobility.
Congrats Bell and goodluck with the rest of the season. Id love to see Bell bring home another state title.
Davenports great!