Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 70 Pike Central 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!
Wow, big win for P-ville.
PCC came out on fire missing only 1 or 2 shots in the first to build a 25-16 lead. Looked as they would continue as Lowe connected on their first possession of the second to go up by 11 27-16.
But that was it!!! They went cold and Paintsville steadily kept playing their usual game plan and was able to take a halftime lead 29-27.
PCC continued the cold shooting and when they finally scored their next point with just over 5 minutes to go in the third, Paintsville had built a 10 point lead. Paintsville pulled away in the fourth to take the 18 point victory.
Lowe had a very good game with 24 points for PCC. Ratliff was a nonfactor throughout as it looked like she hurt her ankle early in the game but returned at the 2 minute mark of the first and played the rest of the way until getting benched with about 4 or 5 minutes to go!
Haley finished with 8 points.
For Paintsville Katie Ratliff kept them within striking distance in the first as she scored 6 of her 8 points in that frame. Paintsville was led by Kendra Carroll's 29 points, as she put a stamp on just how good she is!!! With Russell out for the game, and Laura Carroll still tender from her Friday night sprain. PCC tried to press K.Carroll to try and wear her down. Didn't work!!! She lit it up!!! Lady Tiger lone Senior Chelsee Jarrell had another great game after a very slow start, and finished with 22 points and 15 boards!!!
Great job Lady Tigers and keep on keepin' on!!
Another great win for Baldwin! I think he has his team rolling at the right time!
Great job Lady Tigers!
Great Job Chelsee!! Congrats on a great career as a Lady Tiger! Wish you the best of luck!
Congrats Paintsville
Good win for the Tigers....They are looking really good....Good luck girls
Congrats Lady Tigers on the big victory. Kendra and Chelsee showed tonight why they are both top players in the region. I thought the girls who played in place of Russell did an excellent job tonight. Logan VanHoose hit a couple big shots, when she is left open she can nail the 3 ball, I just wish she would shoot it more often. Katie Adams did a great job tonight, she kept the Lady Tigers in the game in the 1st quarter when Pike Central was HOT. I bet they shot AT LEAST 80% in the first, and that's NO exaggeration. Chelsee had a very rocky start going 0-5 in the first period, I think she was just too emotional and was trying too hard with it being Senior Night. Kendra Carroll was definately ON tonight, she had a hell of a game like Guru said. I hope the Lady Tigers come ready to play Weds night at Magoffin, if they do they will have a very good chance of beating the Lady Hornets on their home turf, and everyone knows what kind of task that is. Keep it rollin girls, you gotta believe.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Congrats Lady Tigers on the big victory. Kendra and Chelsee showed tonight why they are both top players in the region. I thought the girls who played in place of Russell did an excellent job tonight. Logan VanHoose hit a couple big shots, when she is left open she can nail the 3 ball, I just wish she would shoot it more often. Katie Adams did a great job tonight, she kept the Lady Tigers in the game in the 1st quarter when Pike Central was HOT. I bet they shot AT LEAST 80% in the first, and that's NO exaggeration. Chelsee had a very rocky start going 0-5 in the first period, I think she was just too emotional and was trying too hard with it being Senior Night. Kendra Carroll was definately ON tonight, she had a hell of a game like Guru said. I hope the Lady Tigers come ready to play Weds night at Magoffin, if they do they will have a very good chance of beating the Lady Hornets on their home turf, and everyone knows what kind of task that is. Keep it rollin girls, you gotta believe.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
I heard that PCC was 12 for 14 in the first, 85.7%!!!
"The Guru" Wrote:I heard that PCC was 12 for 14 in the first, 85.7%!!!

I would bet everything I own they did, or better. That was just amazing how well they shot the ball in the first quarter.
I told someone during the first period, that if they played like that the whole game, that you just have to applaud them!!!
Unfortunately, I heard a PCC fan say to another after the game..."well, played a good quarter"!
You know, the losers of this game was the fans. Neither team was at full strength. It was a big blow for PCC to have an injured Haley Ratliff and it was a big blow for Paintsville without Jesikah Russell (more on her later) and having Laura Carroll at 1/4 speed. This would have been an incredible game. Don't get me wrong it was a good game, but it would have been GREAT if we had been able to see those 3 players at full speed.

PCC is such a dangerous team. Lowe is very good on the post and when Ratliff is healthy, then PCC opens up options all over the court. Keep your heads up PCC, you did get beat by a pretty good team.

Turnovers:
PHS-15
PCC-21

PHS was 28-58 from the field for 48%. This was with Chelsee Jarrell going 2-9 from the field in the first half. Senior night might have brought on a few jitters from the lone senior. She missed 4-5 easy shots that she makes 80% of the time. She finished 8-20 from the field. You can say that Lowe had a little bit to do with that.

Paintsville is just not the same team without Jesikah Russell. Yes, she does have a lot of turnovers. But, she brings a calmness to the court for the Lady Tigers even if she doesn't make it all, well "calm". PHS is such a better team with her on the floor. I can't explain it. She has turnovers, misses shots, but I guess you can say she's just a winner. Our team plays so much better when she is on the court. This game was very good for our girls. Maybe they can believe that they can win without a couple of key members.

It was also important for a a couple subs to come up big. Enter Welch and Lyons. Welch had 4 key bebounds and Lyons 4 pts, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals. Lyons could score more if she would look at the basket 1 out of 10 trips down the floor.

PHS stats:
L.Carroll 0 pts, 3 assists (Get well Laura, we need you)
K.Carroll 29 pts, 11-20 FG, 6 reb, 4 assists (She's a player)
Jarrell 22 pts, 8-20 Fg, 15 reb, (5 Offensive), 2 assists
SIDENOTE: If Jarrell and K. Carroll shoots 20 shots a piece, PHS will be very tough to beat.
Adams 8 pts, 4-6 FG , 4 reb

Wow, what happens Wednesday with paintsville at Magoffin?? On paper, PHS does not stand a chance. Even smaller chance with Russell not playing. (Jesikah, if you're not ready, don't play. The district is much more important)

It'll be a great game. I just don't look for a blowout.
I didn't know you stayed up past 10 p.m. sportwhiz, lol, congrats on the old age giving you the strength to stay awake. HAHA

Good Post BTW. See ya Weds.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I didn't know you stayed up past 10 p.m. sportwhiz, lol, congrats on the old age giving you the strength to stay awake. HAHA

Good Post BTW. See ya Weds.

He ain't that damn old!!! Trust me!!
Great Job Lady Tigers! You better be ready for Wednesday though. After MCs loss to JC, you know they are going to be ready to play. But, I know you girls will be too. So go to MC and givem' Heck! Good Luck!
"The Guru" Wrote:He ain't that damn old!!! Trust me!!
You're taking up for me because you're even older than meConfusedalute:
Great win, Coach Baldwin gets my vote for coach of the year! I would not want to play The Ville early in post season
"sportwhiz" Wrote:You're taking up for me because you're even older than meConfusedalute:

Older than you??? No way!!! I'm like....early 30's or something!!Confusedhh:
How did PCC's coach do?......wasn't there, just sounds odd that a team shoots so well then stop.
Congrats Paintsville.
PCC has a great coach. He did great. He did everything he could do and more for the girls. He can't go out on the court, hand them the ball, and tell them to shoot it. They're very lucky to have him.

All Hail the Coach! LOL!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:king:
Whats wrong with Russell?
"JuSt_A_fAn" Wrote:Whats wrong with Russell?
She sprained her ankle pretty badly against Sheldon Clark last Friday, and reinjured it again lst night against JC when a player from JC fell on it.
"The Guru" Wrote:She sprained her ankle pretty badly against Sheldon Clark last Friday, and reinjured it again lst night against JC when a player from JC fell on it.
She needs to sit out tomorrow night and Thursday night.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:She needs to sit out tomorrow night and Thursday night.
I agree!