Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood 69 - Holy Cross (Covington) 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone have any updates?
69-26 Beechwood. Holy Cross apparently has issues with their run defense.
is that the final?
I just got back from the game, Beechwood scored 41 points in the 3rd quarter. Halftime score was 14-12 Beechwood
2nd half Vocke party! Nice job Beechwood
Final
congrats to Beechwood
the 1st half was full of some great football. after halftime, it was all beechwood. once the tigers got up 28-12, it looked like 95% of Holy Cross's players just flat out gave up. Vocke had another big night, don't know the exact stats, but he was well over 200 yards rushing, maybe over 300
Did not realize they were playing tonight. Congrads Beechwood. Why a Thursday night? Was it televised?
sstack Wrote:Did not realize they were playing tonight. Congrads Beechwood. Why a Thursday night? Was it televised?

Holy Cross has their festival this weekend. Without it, the school wouldn't survive financially
toussaints Wrote:the 1st half was full of some great football. after halftime, it was all beechwood. once the tigers got up 28-12, it looked like 95% of Holy Cross's players just flat out gave up. Vocke had another big night, don't know the exact stats, but he was well over 200 yards rushing, maybe over 300

I heard that he was over 300 on less than a dozen carries. Also, his soph backup ran for over 100.
impressive win con grats vocke...
I know Vocke had an unreal game, but i was impressed on how fast Beechwood was on Def. they really fly to the ball. Holy Cross's line was huge for a 2A team, but Beechwood used speed and it was like the whole team was making tackles, this is the fastest Def i have seen all year so far. I heard that beechwood lost 1 or 2 lineman but that didn't stop them from running at will. The only weakness i seen was the QB for beechwood needs to improve so Vocke doesn't have to do it all he still has time to improve looks like a big strong kid that i know will be at his best come playoff time.
As far as Holy Cross they have a really good athletic QB and when he gets time he can really make plays with some fast receivers if they can stop the run and improve pass protection they could make a run at NCC, but right now they have some work to do to say the least.
Holy Cross starting to show thier true stripes as thier schedulr gets tougher. NCC should rout them as well.
i ve seen both teams and today NCC blows them out but, watching the first half of the game i was thinking it will be a great game between NCC and Holy Cross after all if they make a field goal and they are up at half. What I'm saying is they play the second to last game of the year and they have some talent they just have to fix some things and if they do they could play with them not say they will win but could be a good game. After saying that honestly they might have even longer because they might be good enough to make it through the playoffs and meet NCC there. I see three issues with them Run Def, Pass protection, & playing 4 quarters.
Did Holy Cross just run out of gas in the second half or what happened?
walking tall Wrote:I know Vocke had an unreal game, but i was impressed on how fast Beechwood was on Def. they really fly to the ball. Holy Cross's line was huge for a 2A team, but Beechwood used speed and it was like the whole team was making tackles, this is the fastest Def i have seen all year so Wait till the final four you'll see fast lolfar. I heard that beechwood lost 1 or 2 lineman but that didn't stop them from running at will. The only weakness i seen was the QB for beechwood needs to improve so Vocke doesn't have to do it all he still has time to improve looks like a big strong kid that i know will be at his best come playoff time.
As far as Holy Cross they have a really good athletic QB and when he gets time he can really make plays with some fast receivers if they can stop the run and improve pass protection they could make a run at NCC, but right now they have some work to do to say the least.

sounds as if they need to tidie things up a little come nov. :eyeroll:

Great game guys i know you will.....
Here's a link to the story
http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...ext|Sports

Vocke finished with 307 yards on 10 carries
Vocke finished with 307 yards on 10 carries, with 197 on four third-quarter runs.

Not too bad!
30 yard per carry is not a bad night
Stardust Wrote:30 yard per carry is not a bad night
not bad at all
He has such vision on the field. Amazing to watch him run
toussaints Wrote:I just got back from the game, Beechwood scored 41 points in the 3rd quarter. Halftime score was 14-12 Beechwood

Thats freakin amazing!!!:notworthy
Death Wrote:Did Holy Cross just run out of gas in the second half or what happened?

im not trying to be mean when i say this, but holy cross players flat out quit when beechwood went up 28-12. Thats when everything went from bad to awful for HC.

Holy Cross better look in the mirror and make some changes because that was awful football after halftime. its like the kids expect to win, but when theyre losing by a few scores, they just give up.

as for beechwood, they look very good
toussaints Wrote:im not trying to be mean when i say this, but holy cross players flat out quit when beechwood went up 28-12. Thats when everything went from bad to awful for HC.

Holy Cross better look in the mirror and make some changes because that was awful football after halftime. its like the kids expect to win, but when theyre losing by a few scores, they just give up.

as for beechwood, they look very good
I heard the same thing from a few other people