Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Chad Knaus--EJECTED FROM DAYTONA 500!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/13862890.htm

Check out this link.

I have not liked Jimmie Johnson for a reason. Now I have a better reason. How shady is this?

I say suspend his ass for at least half the year. That is the only way that the message will get across.

Just make sure that you check out this link.
And once again we know why he and the Gordon bunch do so well. Just surprises me that Jeff doesn't get caught.
This has nothing to do with Jeff (other than the fact that he is part owner--I know that carries some accountability--but most of the time--the drivers don't know anything about these things to begin with). If you will look at his performance from the last few years--it is pretty obvious that he isn't doing anything that anyone else isn't doing.

The original rumor (that was actually posted on jayski.com for about 2 hours) was that Jimmie Johnson was using a traction control device on his right rear. But when I went to look for this this morning--it was already down.

As far as Gordon goes--don't you think that NASCAR looks him over with a fine tooth comb? Come on now Cat!
I know they should. LOL
You're killing me, Cat!

I can't stand Johnson. I am pissed that Gordon ever brought this loser on board. It has done nothing but hurt him from the git-go.
And whats the problem? LOL
not a good way for the lowes crew to start off the year. in all the years jimmie has been in the cup series he has finished better than gordon in the points except for maybe 1 year. Chad Knaus was the one who modified the car not jimmie so i think that chad deserves the suspension for what he did.
I dont think Ray Evernham or Robbie Loomis would have ever thought about cheating. I'm anxious to see Gordon's new crew chief in action!
I think that Ray was better at playing within the "gray" area of the rules than any other crew chief during the modern era. He even admits it if you catch him at the right time (see the T-Rex car). It doesn't bother me to think that Ray was pushing the limits--and smart enough to beat them at times. That what all great crew chiefs do. (ALL OF THE GREAT ONES--that goes for anyone who chiefed for Dale Earnhardt Sr).

Does that mean that Gordon was a cheater--there is only one answer to this--not anymore than anyone else was trying to be.

And--regardless--it doesn't matter if they had a rocket strapped to Jeff's ass--you don't get in a car like that and win races without being EXTREMELY talented. (Again--see Dale Earnhardt).

I doubt if Robbie Loomis was slick enough to pull that off. He was too busy being Mr. Goodie Two Shoes.

Before we talk about Johnson being better than Gordon--lets keep in mind--when Johnson came into NASCAR--Loomis/Gordon gave up all of Gordon's cars to Johnson so they would have something to start with. From there--the Dupont team had to play catch up. And--I am pretty sure that Gordon has won a championship since Johnson has been his team mate.
you would think he would get the point?
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:. And--I am pretty sure that Gordon has won a championship since Johnson has been his team mate.

Actually he has not won a championship since 2001 and Jimmie entered the cup series in 2002.
"blackcatfan_48" Wrote:Actually he has not won a championship since 2001 and Jimmie entered the cup series in 2002.

You are correct--my fault.

I think that Johnson's success has more to do with cheating and good cars from Gordon than talent. To me--Jimmie Johnson may be the biggest baby in NASCAR. Even bigger than Rusty Wallace used to be.
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:You are correct--my fault.

I think that Johnson's success has more to do with cheating and good cars from Gordon than talent. To me--Jimmie Johnson may be the biggest baby in NASCAR. Even bigger than Rusty Wallace used to be.

sounds like you think that the second best crew chief and driver should be tony stewart... greg biffle ... or hey what the hell maybe even mark martin..... or maybe even michael waltrip ....

if your going to be a team owner you always want to put the best driver and crew chief on the track ... streching the rules is part of nascar history ... who can go out and fool nascar, that is the game ... you even said that evernham was a master at (and still is) so why are you upset that knaus got caught ... it could easily have been evernham , fennig, etc.
"big daddy fish" Wrote:sounds like you think that the second best crew chief and driver should be tony stewart... greg biffle ... or hey what the hell maybe even mark martin..... or maybe even michael waltrip ....

if your going to be a team owner you always want to put the best driver and crew chief on the track ... streching the rules is part of nascar history ... who can go out and fool nascar, that is the game ... you even said that evernham was a master at (and still is) so why are you upset that knaus got caught ... it could easily have been evernham , fennig, etc.

big daddy fish --- you hit the nail right on the head ....!
It would appear that some of you haven't read what I wrote. Simply because--I am not upset at all!

Matter of fact--I am quite happy that Chad "The Cheater" was kicked out of Daytona.

And the big rumor now is that Chad is intentionally screwing around with the rules so Hendrick will fire him (so he can pursue a job with--you guessed it--Ray Evernham).

The point of the matter is that Chad is a cancer. He costs his team and driver money and points.

And the one thing that none of you seem to remember--IF HE IS SOOOOOO GOOD---THEN WHY DOES HE GET CAUGHT SO OFTEN?

"big daddy fish" Wrote:sounds like you think that the second best crew chief and driver should be tony stewart... greg biffle ... or hey what the hell maybe even mark martin..... or maybe even michael waltrip ....

well, Ive said it all along, i despise Jimmy Johnson. I despise Chad Knaus, and this is wonderful news. I just wish they could have decked Johnson too. That is THE dirtiest team in NASCAR. Johnson is a crying punk, dirty driver, and he and Knaus are ruthless CHEATERS. As classless as it is, and i will admit it is, although i dont want them injured, but i love it when their engines blow, tires disintegrate, anything that can keep them from winning a race. And when Johnson decides to take out half the field (which he usually does), it repulses me when he never takes accountability, always blames it on someone 20 cars away, and its never his fault. Hope you finish last, Jimmy, and hope you enjoy watching him finish last, Chad, because it couldnt happen to two finer losers.
I have to take my hat off to Nascar for not allowing Hendrick to appeal this latest expulsion by Knaus and have it overturned. We all know if it were any other team's crew chiefs they'd be nailed to the wall.

TidesHoss32 I agree with you 110%.
I think he should get more punishment than just being banned from Daytona even though they haven't handed down what his punishment will be yet, I hope it's substantial whatever it is.

From That's racin.com
"NASCAR is expected to announce further penalties against Knaus, who has had at least six previous fines in his tenure at Johnson's crew chief, early next week."
"blackwidow" Wrote:I have to take my hat off to Nascar for not allowing Hendrick to appeal this latest expulsion by Knaus and have it overturned. We all know if it were any other team's crew chiefs they'd be nailed to the wall.

TidesHoss32 I agree with you 110%.

If I remember correctly--there wasn't an appeal attempt to begin with (I think that Rick Hendrick is pretty sick of Chad's song and dance as well). But--NASCAR did a great job by coming out before anyone could file an appeal and say no way .
i don't agree with that dicsuion
"OJ Simpson" Wrote:i don't agree with that dicsuion

Why not?

He cheated--he got caught . . . . . .

Do you think that he shouldn't have been punished?
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:well, Ive said it all along, i despise Jimmy Johnson. I despise Chad Knaus, and this is wonderful news. I just wish they could have decked Johnson too. That is THE dirtiest team in NASCAR. Johnson is a crying punk, dirty driver, and he and Knaus are ruthless CHEATERS. As classless as it is, and i will admit it is, although i dont want them injured, but i love it when their engines blow, tires disintegrate, anything that can keep them from winning a race. And when Johnson decides to take out half the field (which he usually does), it repulses me when he never takes accountability, always blames it on someone 20 cars away, and its never his fault. Hope you finish last, Jimmy, and hope you enjoy watching him finish last, Chad, because it couldnt happen to two finer losers.

In your face bitch Jimmie Won the Fucken Race. Daytona 500 champion