Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: EKY And "Adventure Tourism" . . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay--I would like to hear the EKY opinion (plus any others) about the future of job development in the "adventure tourism" industry.

Apparently, the moronic govenor actually wants to help promote it to help EKY--but spending money on wildlife viewing platforms (to view the Elk population in particular). But some of the talking heads in Frankfort are balking, but guys like Mongiardo are fighting hard for it (with Ernie's help).

So--is it possible that EKY could turn into an "adventure tourism" mecca--or is the govenor trying to score points with the EKY voting body?
I am all for it, but its got to be with in reason, ELK view platform,, I dont really think that they will see to many,. its a nice thought. Ofcourse then you have the budget, I just think that it needs to go to something more useful, as in the school systems, or to help the small towns that struggle every year just to make payroll.
What exactly is your or his(the gov) definition of adventure tourism?
http://news.kypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...30374/1014

Here is a link for additional information. I am still surprised that the governor was for this one . . .
i say just let them rent an atv an i will take them on a tour an show them all the elk they want to see
if you did it right there are area's of eastern ky that are as beautiful as anything in the smokies.
the collier rocks which lies between wheelwright and Virgie is breath taking.
It would be and awesome spot for a lodge.
presently we just don't have the infrastructure to open the area up