Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
who ya got?
1. Harlan County
2a. Knox Central
2b. Barbourville
4. Corbin
5. Clay Co.
6. Bell Co.
7. South Laurel
whats with the 2a and 2b? barbourville should be a far better team then kc this year. I also disagree with Bell co being ranked within the top 7 along with corbin all though rumor has it corbin has a foreign exchange student from brazil.
I believe several teams next year could be in the race for a 13th region title.

1. Bell Co. - Three key players return from the 13th title team( Lee, Lefevers, and Cox). They need to get production from talented Soph. class to stay on top.
2. Harlan Co- Solid guard play, but need a big man to step up and score next season.
3. Clay Co.- They will have the best size in the region to go along with some nice guards.
4. Barbourville- The big transfer gives B-ville two guards that can put up big numbers.
5. Knox Central- Knox was my top team until the big transfer, but they stil have Barger and a few other solid players.
6. Corbin
7. South L.
8. Middlesboro
9. Jackson Co.
10. North L.
gls1978 Wrote:whats with the 2a and 2b? barbourville should be a far better team then kc this year. I also disagree with Bell co being ranked within the top 7 along with corbin all though rumor has it corbin has a foreign exchange student from brazil.
:trolldad: Barbourville will be the number 2 team in the district. Dont get your hopes up. Barbourville wont get one rebound with Merida, Kelly and Canady on the boards Plus Kelly and Canady will be two of the top defenders in the region. You better go back to the board and rethink this one.Really you got to be kidding me right!!!!
1. Harlan County- Return almost everyone from last year, good guards
2. Barbourville- Broughton and Hildebrand are 2 of the top 10 players in the region plus Coach of the year last year Dinky Phipps
3. Knox Central- Return Barger, along with Kelley and Achenjang should be decent
4. Clay County- Bring back McGeorge along with good post players and good juniors
5. Bell County- Return Lefevers, Cox, and Lee along with some decent sophomores
6. Corbin- Smith comes back for a senior year also heard they had a big transfer that's supposed to be good
7. South Laurel- Good guards with quickness and defense
8. Pineville- Return Asher, along with Simpson, Skinner, Jeffrey, and Philpot should be tough
9. Harlan- Bring back Saragas and Begley
10. Middlesboro- Rancher and Riddle will be big scorers and a challenge to stop
1. Harlan County- Return almost everyone from last year, good guards
2. Barbourville- Broughton and Hildebrand are 2 of the top 10 players in the region plus Coach of the year last year Dinky Phipps
3. Knox Central- Return Barger, along with Kelley and Achenjang should be decent
4. Clay County- Bring back McGeorge along with good post players and good juniors
5. Bell County- Return Lefevers, Cox, and Lee along with some decent sophomores
6. Corbin- Smith comes back for a senior year also heard they had a big transfer that's supposed to be good
7. South Laurel- Good guards with quickness and defense
8. Pineville- Return Asher, along with Simpson, Skinner, Jeffrey, and Philpot should be tough
9. Harlan- Bring back Saragas and Begley
10. Middlesboro- Rancher and Riddle will be big scorers and a challenge to stop
Prototype Wrote::trolldad: Barbourville will be the number 2 team in the district. Dont get your hopes up. Barbourville wont get one rebound with Merida, Kelly and Canady on the boards Plus Kelly and Canady will be two of the top defenders in the region. You better go back to the board and rethink this one.Really you got to be kidding me right!!!!

I find it hard to believe the Barbourville is the #2 team in the district simply because they were ranked #2 in the entire 13th region by the Times Tribune.
As far as centrals players i find them to put nothing short of solid players but nowhere near the level of being considered great, i believe with the althletic ability of the tigers and the type of defense in which they play (2-3 zone) i find it hard for Kelly, Canady, and especially merida because of the slim minutes he will be on the floor.:ChairHit:
gls1978 Wrote:I find it hard to believe the Barbourville is the #2 team in the district simply because they were ranked #2 in the entire 13th region by the Times Tribune.
As far as centrals players i find them to put nothing short of solid players but nowhere near the level of being considered great, i believe with the althletic ability of the tigers and the type of defense in which they play (2-3 zone) i find it hard for Kelly, Canady, and especially merida because of the slim minutes he will be on the floor.:ChairHit:
Merida looked really strong this summer and had some good games. Merida has improved his game quite a bit I was really supprised. As far as minutes go Merida will be on the floor quite a bit. I look for Merida to step out this year and to show evreyone what he can do. I would have to agree with you on Merida but I think Merida is no longer a player to be looked over. merida will season his self and gain a little more respect this year. As far as athletes go Barbourville is out matched year in and year out. It wont be any different this year. KC's big suprise will be none other than Matthew Barger. He is an in coming freshman. Matthew Barger played like a seasoned Junior this summer going up against some of the best players in the stae of Tenn. He is very skilled and plays very good defense. Matthew proved this summer that he can play with anyone at the highschool level. I wouldn't trade him for anyone else in the league at his position. Dustin Hensley seen quite a bit of playing time over the summer. He plays great defense and can shoot the lights out at the 3. he knows the game very well and can pentrate and get the ball to the big men inside or make you pay when you cheat off him. As far as the team goes KC will be a lot better team than it was last year. they have already proved it this summer playing some really tough teams. I know Barbourville only lost one game over the summer but they never went up against teams that were in UT Chattanooga. Knox Centrals inside game will be unstopable this year. Just wait and see! Merida Kelly or canady will have some really big games and will be a thorn in their side. Matthew Barger is the REAL DEAL!!
Prototype Wrote:Merida looked really strong this summer and had some good games. Merida has improved his game quite a bit I was really supprised. As far as minutes go Merida will be on the floor quite a bit. I look for Merida to step out this year and to show evreyone what he can do. I would have to agree with you on Merida but I think Merida is no longer a player to be looked over. merida will season his self and gain a little more respect this year. As far as athletes go Barbourville is out matched year in and year out. It wont be any different this year. KC's big suprise will be none other than Matthew Barger. He is an in coming freshman. Matthew Barger played like a seasoned Junior this summer going up against some of the best players in the stae of Tenn. He is very skilled and plays very good defense. Matthew proved this summer that he can play with anyone at the highschool level. I wouldn't trade him for anyone else in the league at his position. Dustin Hensley seen quite a bit of playing time over the summer. He plays great defense and can shoot the lights out at the 3. he knows the game very well and can pentrate and get the ball to the big men inside or make you pay when you cheat off him. As far as the team goes KC will be a lot better team than it was last year. they have already proved it this summer playing some really tough teams. I know Barbourville only lost one game over the summer but they never went up against teams that were in UT Chattanooga. Knox Centrals inside game will be unstopable this year. Just wait and see! Merida Kelly or canady will have some really big games and will be a thorn in their side. Matthew Barger is the REAL DEAL!!

As far as competition goes Barbourville played good teams as well as Knox Central did the only difference was the records with Barbourville losing one game and Central losing only god knows how many. If i do recall correctly Barbourville beat a handful of teams that Knox Central fell short to including Farraguat that Barbourville beat by approximatley 12 i watched both games and both Barbourville and Knox Central had all of their orginal starters playing.
As far as Matthew Barger goes sure he was a great middle school player but wasnt we all? matthew may make in impact later on in his highschool career which is limited by his athletic ability but, i find that matthew will struggle this year when playing top teams because of his lack of speed and strength, if i was able to trade him for another point guard coming from a decent school in the region i wouldnt think twice about doing so.:flush:
Whats sad about the Merida kid is i have spoke first hand with him and he spoke about transfering schools the moment i struck the conversation with him but couldnt due to lack of $$$. its sad that a player doesnt get to enjoy his highschool basketball career and will never become the player that he has the potential to be while playing at Knox Central. Even if Tobie has improved over the summer its not going to be enough to hurt anyone from my spectating of the summer ball games.
1. Harlan County
2. Bell County
3. Bbvile
4. Knox
5. Clay
1. Harlan County
2. Barbourville
3. Knox Central
4. Clay County
5. South Laurel
6. Corbin
7. North Laurel
8. Bell County
9. Middlesboro
10. Harlan/Pineville
Just because he is 6'6" or whatever, doesnt mean he can play or deserves to play. What ever happened to earning the right to play? Those days are almost gone. His basketball skills are mediocre at best. He has relied on his size to get him this far and now other post players just shove him all over the floor at will. Moving to another school wont help him IMO. He needed to work overtime to reach his potential. It is not from the lack of Coach Evans not working with him to get better. It is easy to point the finger at the coach and blame them for all of our short-comings, but the truth is, it is the player who needs to step up and realize that they must put in all the hard work to get better.

Just like losing the Broughton kid, I would say Knox is content with this due to the fact of all the drama he and his father kept going while there. If I were the coach, I would be glad not to have to deal with a drama queen and focus on young men who want to learn and get better and most of all, play TEAM ball and not ME ball.
Depends on how good Corbins "transfer" is.
Ive heard a lot of good things about Knox and Bville.
Prototype Wrote:Merida looked really strong this summer and had some good games. Merida has improved his game quite a bit I was really supprised. As far as minutes go Merida will be on the floor quite a bit. I look for Merida to step out this year and to show evreyone what he can do. I would have to agree with you on Merida but I think Merida is no longer a player to be looked over. merida will season his self and gain a little more respect this year. As far as athletes go Barbourville is out matched year in and year out. It wont be any different this year. KC's big suprise will be none other than Matthew Barger. He is an in coming freshman. Matthew Barger played like a seasoned Junior this summer going up against some of the best players in the stae of Tenn. He is very skilled and plays very good defense. Matthew proved this summer that he can play with anyone at the highschool level. I wouldn't trade him for anyone else in the league at his position. Dustin Hensley seen quite a bit of playing time over the summer. He plays great defense and can shoot the lights out at the 3. he knows the game very well and can pentrate and get the ball to the big men inside or make you pay when you cheat off him. As far as the team goes KC will be a lot better team than it was last year. they have already proved it this summer playing some really tough teams. I know Barbourville only lost one game over the summer but they never went up against teams that were in UT Chattanooga. Knox Centrals inside game will be unstopable this year. Just wait and see! Merida Kelly or canady will have some really big games and will be a thorn in their side. Matthew Barger is the REAL DEAL!!
Matthew Barger is in my opinion, not that great. Barbourville has a freshman just as good or better than him who can actually shoot the ball and has strength and speed. I agree with everything gls1978 says. and as far as kc's post players go, im pretty sure Pineville has 3 post players (Asher, Simpson, and Skinner) who can shut down any post player Central has. Last year Simpson shut down Merida within the first 2 minutes of the game and Merida didn't play hardly at all the rest of the game. Kc will be lucky to beat Pineville and especially Barbourville. No other team in the region can run the floor with BVille except maybe Harlan County and theyre not even in the district. KC needs to improve a whole heck of a lot if they wanna stay in the race for the region title.
Hitters_Count Wrote:Just because he is 6'6" or whatever, doesnt mean he can play or deserves to play. What ever happened to earning the right to play? Those days are almost gone. His basketball skills are mediocre at best. He has relied on his size to get him this far and now other post players just shove him all over the floor at will. Moving to another school wont help him IMO. He needed to work overtime to reach his potential. It is not from the lack of Coach Evans not working with him to get better. It is easy to point the finger at the coach and blame them for all of our short-comings, but the truth is, it is the player who needs to step up and realize that they must put in all the hard work to get better.

Just like losing the Broughton kid, I would say Knox is content with this due to the fact of all the drama he and his father kept going while there. If I were the coach, I would be glad not to have to deal with a drama queen and focus on young men who want to learn and get better and most of all, play TEAM ball and not ME ball.

i agree with you 100 percent on earning playing time and that moving schools wont help him but if he aint happy where he is then he wont want to show improvement or try to work to get better. but i also agree that you should work hard to get better if you want to play the sport no matter where your at. i also believe that he wont be as good as he could be until he improves.

BUT the Broughton kid that was coach Evans doing he didnt control his team and he didnt give him the right punishment. thats the coaches fault for letting him com back. i watched bville all summer and they played TEAM ball and that was the only way the could win was playing together. coach Phipps knows how to handle his players and get the best out of them. he has done it for the past 27 years and will do so as long as he is the coach. so that's where the difference is coach phipps is among the best coaches in the state and he knows how to handle the broughton kid.
gls1978 Wrote:As far as competition goes Barbourville played good teams as well as Knox Central did the only difference was the records with Barbourville losing one game and Central losing only god knows how many. If i do recall correctly Barbourville beat a handful of teams that Knox Central fell short to including Farraguat that Barbourville beat by approximatley 12 i watched both games and both Barbourville and Knox Central had all of their orginal starters playing.
As far as Matthew Barger goes sure he was a great middle school player but wasnt we all? matthew may make in impact later on in his highschool career which is limited by his athletic ability but, i find that matthew will struggle this year when playing top teams because of his lack of speed and strength, if i was able to trade him for another point guard coming from a decent school in the region i wouldnt think twice about doing so.:flush:
We can get in a pissing match all day long. If you think Matthew is week you are definetley in for a big suprise. As far as the Farraguate game Jonathan went out early in the game due to an ankle injury. Also Gilmore Achajang was not at any of the camps due to scholastic dutys. (Original Starter.) Goes to show you what you know about our team! I dont know where you got matthew barger is slow that is the craziest thing I have ever herd. the kid runs a 4.6 in the 40. If you want to put your money were your mouth is lets line them up! I would like to know the good teams that you played over around hazard? What good teams did you beat? The other games that we lost was because both the Barger kids went on vacation. I will save a copy of this so I can feed it to you later when Matthew proves you wrong. I hope you like eating CROW!! If you are looking for Barbourville to get a win it ain't going to happen!! It will be the same as the last 3 years. KC rules and the King is still king so what are you going to do about it? Until you have beaten us don't be trying to talk smack especially talking about Matthew saying he is week and slow. This only shows how much class you have. Never once did i mention any of the Barbourville players by name and try to degrade their capabilitys. No. I don't think you were a great middle school player. If you were you would know a great Athelte when you seen one. What a joke.....
Prototype Wrote:We can get in a pissing match all day long. If you think Matthew is week you are definetley in for a big suprise. As far as the Farraguate game Jonathan went out early in the game due to an ankle injury. Also Gilmore Achajang was not at any of the camps due to scholastic dutys. (Original Starter.) Goes to show you what you know about our team! I dont know where you got matthew barger is slow that is the craziest thing I have ever herd. the kid runs a 4.6 in the 40. If you want to put your money were your mouth is lets line them up! I would like to know the good teams that you played over around hazard? What good teams did you beat? The other games that we lost was because both the Barger kids went on vacation. I will save a copy of this so I can feed it to you later when Matthew proves you wrong. I hope you like eating CROW!! If you are looking for Barbourville to get a win it ain't going to happen!! It will be the same as the last 3 years. KC rules and the King is still king so what are you going to do about it? Until you have beaten us don't be trying to talk smack especially talking about Matthew saying he is week and slow. This only shows how much class you have. Never once did i mention any of the Barbourville players by name and try to degrade their capabilitys. No. I don't think you were a great middle school player. If you were you would know a great Athelte when you seen one. What a joke.....
Sounds like someone is in love with the bargers? So you're pretty much saying all hope of knox central winning this year lies in the hands of the barger brothers? If so, may god have mercy on KC cause I'm sure2 good players can't beat 5 good players
Prototype Wrote:We can get in a pissing match all day long. If you think Matthew is week you are definetley in for a big suprise. As far as the Farraguate game Jonathan went out early in the game due to an ankle injury. Also Gilmore Achajang was not at any of the camps due to scholastic dutys. (Original Starter.) Goes to show you what you know about our team! I dont know where you got matthew barger is slow that is the craziest thing I have ever herd. the kid runs a 4.6 in the 40. If you want to put your money were your mouth is lets line them up! I would like to know the good teams that you played over around hazard? What good teams did you beat? The other games that we lost was because both the Barger kids went on vacation. I will save a copy of this so I can feed it to you later when Matthew proves you wrong. I hope you like eating CROW!! If you are looking for Barbourville to get a win it ain't going to happen!! It will be the same as the last 3 years. KC rules and the King is still king so what are you going to do about it? Until you have beaten us don't be trying to talk smack especially talking about Matthew saying he is week and slow. This only shows how much class you have. Never once did i mention any of the Barbourville players by name and try to degrade their capabilitys. No. I don't think you were a great middle school player. If you were you would know a great Athelte when you seen one. What a joke.....

Before you speak of class learn to spell this might help for starters (week) is spelled (weak). and please NO PARENTS ALLOWED i dont want to argue with the bargers all day and if that was the case i would be arguing with the canadys to because everyone knows they are inseparable. If matthew runs a 4.6 40 time that means he is faster than the almighty jeffery canady. god knows that isnt going to happen becasue the canadys are nothing short of royalty:Clap:, and i agree with pville if all Knox Central has is the Barger brothers good luck even getting the chance to even compete in the region. haha and matthew would be lucky to run a 5.4 40.
1.) Barbourville
2.) Harlan County
3.) Clay County
4.) Red Bird
5.) North Laurel
6.) Knox Central
both bville and knox central played in 2 of the same camps this summer and i dont think they neither one played teams around hazard, and if knox central has played teams from around there more power to them bville cant help who they play when they go to camps they play whoever the camp director tells them to play.
1.Barbourville (good guard play and I have them at #1 only if the brougton kid from Knox co, and the mills kid are eligible to play this following year)

2.Corbin (Good guard play coming from smith but will stay at #2 only if the transfer from Brazil is ruled eligible)

3.Harlan County (good guard play from the juniors but don't have much size to compensate for it)

4.Knox Central (short on players that can put the ball in the rim but have lots of size on the inside)

5.Bell County (13th region Champions last year and return a couple of starters)

6.Clay County (clay county basketball is just a solid all-around basketball team)
gls1978 Wrote:Before you speak of class learn to spell this might help for starters (week) is spelled (weak). and please NO PARENTS ALLOWED i dont want to argue with the bargers all day and if that was the case i would be arguing with the canadys to because everyone knows they are inseparable. If matthew runs a 4.6 40 time that means he is faster than the almighty jeffery canady. god knows that isnt going to happen becasue the canadys are nothing short of royalty:Clap:, and i agree with pville if all Knox Central has is the Barger brothers good luck even getting the chance to even compete in the region. haha and matthew would be lucky to run a 5.4 40.
Ok I realize now that you are a kid that only knows what someone has been telling you.You know nothing about basketball or athletes . And I was wrong about you being a good middle school basketball player, because you probably are one now. You got me on the spelling. I tend to type to fast sometimes. That is what i thought you figure class is how you spell. Class is how you act in a situation. I am glad that made you feel so much better. If that gets your rocks off that is fine with me. I hope you never miss spell another word. Jefferey runs a 4.53 but i guess you wouldn't know the difference. I am by far not a parent of either Matthew or Jonathan. Not even a cousin! Not a Canady either! I can make arrangements to meet you I don't have a problem with that at all. I don't hide behind my name on this site. You name the time and place and I will meet you to discuss this anytime. I am sure you will really be suprised! I don't think you will be correcting me on anything either. I like it how you and Pineville are so jealous of KC. You have ever right to be. Neither of you guys have ever beaten us in the last 3 years. It won't change this year either. Just wait and see. Yes the Bargers are a big part of our team. You take any starter out of your starting line up and that will hurt any team. Ok I am going to do you a favor. I will let Barbourville and Pineville fight it out to see who gets 2nd and 3rd in the district. Don't HATE on KC!:1:
I think we are foregetting about north laurel in this
pville23 Wrote:Sounds like someone is in love with the bargers? So you're pretty much saying all hope of knox central winning this year lies in the hands of the barger brothers? If so, may god have mercy on KC cause I'm sure2 good players can't beat 5 good players
Sorry to miss inform you. All of our players are the best in the district. The load will actually be carried by our post players. I am not saying anything different than what you are saying about your team. You know your strength is in your post game. I forgot to mention the new player. The Mitchell kid is a good 3 pt shooter and plays great defense. He will help KC to go deep into its bench. We could pull players off our bench that would start at barborville or Pineville. Oops! I guess we already have....Confusedhh:
Prototype Wrote:Ok I realize now that you are a kid that only knows what someone has been telling you.You know nothing about basketball or athletes . And I was wrong about you being a good middle school basketball player, because you probably are one now. You got me on the spelling. I tend to type to fast sometimes. That is what i thought you figure class is how you spell. Class is how you act in a situation. I am glad that made you feel so much better. If that gets your rocks off that is fine with me. I hope you never miss spell another word. Jefferey runs a 4.53 but i guess you wouldn't know the difference. I am by far not a parent of either Matthew or Jonathan. Not even a cousin! Not a Canady either! I can make arrangements to meet you I don't have a problem with that at all. I don't hide behind my name on this site. You name the time and place and I will meet you to discuss this anytime. I am sure you will really be suprised! I don't think you will be correcting me on anything either. I like it how you and Pineville are so jealous of KC. You have ever right to be. Neither of you guys have ever beaten us in the last 3 years. It won't change this year either. Just wait and see. Yes the Bargers are a big part of our team. You take any starter out of your starting line up and that will hurt any team. Ok I am going to do you a favor. I will let Barbourville and Pineville fight it out to see who gets 2nd and 3rd in the district. Don't HATE on KC!:1:

no one is jealous of kc for one they have 3 times the amount of students bville and pineville have and should beat both teams by 25 or more every year but that's not the case and kc barley beat bville last year and bville is returning 4 of the kids that had alot of playing time and are bringing in mills and broughton and to be honest if broughton wouldn't had played in the district championship game last year bville would had won but he was to much for them to stop he can drive the lane and when people half to help over on him kc got easy shots but who's gonna be the big threat this year? they dont have anyone that can handle the ball as good as broughton and putting Jonathan on point will just take away from him shooting his 20 shots a game..
Southern Ky AAU Wrote:I think we are foregetting about north laurel in this

no one is forgetting anyone in the region but north lost their big man to Lynn camp and a guard left with south coach when he left so they aren't gonna be that much of a power house and wont be in the top of the region with bville kc and Harlan county
:worthyTonguerototype!!!!:rockon::1::Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2