Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central vs Gatlinburg Pitmam (TN) Sept 9 at GP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody know anything about this team? Saw film on them yesterday. Run Wishbone - my favorite. Looks like a good team.

I still say we come back strong from a close loss to a very good PCC and win this one 28-17. Note - votes are public on this thread.
Clearly, there is a ton of interest in our out of state battle this week. People are so interested they are afraid to post due to all of the excitement around this mega match up - I get it.

Crickets...

C'mon man - it's Gatlinburg. Fudge, teddy bears, Dolly, go-carts, and other overpriced gadgets of no use. I did not even know they had a football team - now we get to go beat them and eat some fudge! What could be better to post about than that?
Football1 Wrote:Clearly, there is a ton of interest in our out of state battle this week. People are so interested they are afraid to post due to all of the excitement around this mega match up - I get it.

Crickets...

C'mon man - it's Gatlinburg. Fudge, teddy bears, Dolly, go-carts, and other overpriced gadgets of no use. I did not even know they had a football team - now we get to go beat them and eat some fudge! What could be better to post about than that?
Football1 I am so ready for this game! I have had my rooms reserved for a month now.:biggrin: Me and the boys are going to make it a weekend. Nothing like a weekend football trip and breakfast at Flapp Jacks. I will see you at the Game!:rockon:
Prototype Wrote:Football1 I am so ready for this game! I have had my rooms reserved for a month now.:biggrin: Me and the boys are going to make it a weekend. Nothing like a weekend football trip and breakfast at Flapp Jacks. I will see you at the Game!:rockon:
That sounds great. I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys play. They run the bone and a 4-4. We should overmatch them with line play. They have solid speed and seem to be a well coached crew. Ought to be a close game. See you there!
gotta stay with the mountains!
KNOX 24
GP TENN- 21
a couple of years ago pitman had a really solid team. i dont know how good they are now. im pulling for knox
im going with KC
I coudn't find them in the 337 TSSAA team state rankings. They may not even be a sanctioned school with TSSAA. I see they have 650 students at the school

http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/h-s-foot.htm
They are a class 3A team acording to the TSSAA Web Site. Should be interesting to see how the Panthers respond after playing such an ugly game last Friday. I believe they will turn things around this weekend.
K.N.O.X. -35
GP-18
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:a couple of years ago pitman had a really solid team. i dont know how good they are now. im pulling for knox
If you are pulling for Knox why did you vote for Pitman?:eyeroll:
according to maxpreps there 1-1 with a 23-12 win over Cocke County TN and a 35-0 loss to Swain County NC (Same team that Pikeville travles to here in couple weeks) there ranked 172 in the State of Tennessee

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/2aZ...hedule.htm
football 1,i too love the wishbone.rick leach,tommy frazier,etc.old school stuff.my cousin is a asst coach at a chattanooga hs and told me gat pitt was down this year.they are 1-1 right now and had a good season last or maybe the year before last.who knows ?im going with knox by 2 td's.unless the altitude plays a role.
big blu 2 u Wrote:football 1,i too love the wishbone.rick leach,tommy frazier,etc.old school stuff.my cousin is a asst coach at a chattanooga hs and told me gat pitt was down this year.they are 1-1 right now and had a good season last or maybe the year before last.who knows ?im going with knox by 2 td's.unless the altitude plays a role.
That old bone is only out of style - it is not out of order. Pro teams could win with it but it don't sell tickets...

GP will be a tough team from film. Not big but scrappy. We have a couple of knicks and bruises that could hurt us but we got to step up and play even with a few horses in the stable.
IMO Knox is a top 10 team in the mountains maybe even top 5..I say they win this one by winning the battle upfront.

Knox-34
Gatlinburg Pitman-21
Thanks for the vote of confidence. K.N.O.X. has a couple of areas that they have to improve on to be in the top 5. They may be around 9 or 10 right now. If they right the ship they defently have the skills and talent to be a top 5 or even a top 3 mountain team. IMO. Only time will tell.
Knox Central 35
Gat Pitt 8
Prototype Wrote:If you are pulling for Knox why did you vote for Pitman?:eyeroll:

I think GP will win since the game is being played at GP. but im pulling for Knox. It will be interesting to see which team bounces back the best.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I think GP will win since the game is being played at GP. but im pulling for Knox. It will be interesting to see which team bounces back the best.
Home field adavantage might be a real factor with the distance of this trip. Thanks for at least pulling for us even if we can't get your vote... LOL.

BTW - the Rock is looking good this year. Can't wait til we meet. Should be a heck of a game.