Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cramps preventable ????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody have any suggestions?:Thumbs:
highschoolfan Wrote:Anybody have any suggestions?:Thumbs:

I have always heard that anything with potasium is good for cramps. Lately I have heard that some teams are giving pickle juice to help with cramps. Although I haven't a clue how pickle juice could help unless it puts something back into the athlete that I don't know about. It kinda sounds goofy to me but you never know I guess. Maybe it has something to do with the sodium in the juice.
the best way to prevent cramps is to be properly hydrated.
Last i have heard is Gatorade the day before and the day of the game. No water during the game, just Gatorade type drinks. I believe one of our team doctors said that water during the game only makes it worse. Potassium, sodium, electrolytes!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Last i have heard is Gatorade the day before and the day of the game. No water during the game, just Gatorade type drinks. I believe one of our team doctors said that water during the game only makes it worse. Potassium, sodium, electrolytes!

I agree.
My top 5 list to prevent cramps
- Pedialyte
- Oranges
- Bananas
- Gatorade
- Pickle Juice

It has to be drunk or eaten throughout the day or a few hours before a game. If not then none of that will do any good.
Proper dieting, hydration, and stretching 3 days before and the days leading up to the game. also, make sure you give your body enough time to heal its muscles and joints, like doing a walk through practice or very light workout a day before the game.
Drink lots of water and eat a banana or two before games. Drink as much water during game as well.
92PantherAlumni Wrote:Drink lots of water and eat a banana or two before games. Drink as much water during game as well.

:HitWall:I meant to say drink as much water as possible during game as well.
Banana's and strawberry's are the best things to help prevent cramps. Very high in potassium!
proper conditioning during the summer
hydrate yourself starting the day before- water is still the best for this
eat a proper diet- stay away from fast foods, soft drinks, and high caffeine