Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boone County vs Covington Catholic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins & why??
Colonels win by at least 2 TD's. I'm not sure the Rebels defense can stop the CCH passing game. If they can't, then BC has to play from behind and that's where this game can get away from them quickly
I think BC comes out on top. They are playing Superb defense. the only reason Covington Catholic's offense looks good is because they've won 2 games against HORRID defenses.
The Rebels have been one of the surprises in NKY.
^ I've not seen BC yet (not till the Camels game), but from what I heard, the passing defense is where they may be suspect. I believe that if they can shut down the Colonels passing game, they will have proven themselves on defense and everyone better take notice.
Sticking with Boone until CovCath proves that they can play defense.
Boone County
Duplicate thread..
Stardust Wrote:^ I've not seen BC yet (not till the Camels game), but from what I heard, the passing defense is where they may be suspect. I believe that if they can shut down the Colonels passing game, they will have proven themselves on defense and everyone better take notice.

Against BC passing defense:

Drew Barker of Conner-14 of 27 passes for 97 yards. no touchdowns passing.
Not sure on the southwestern stats but they couldn't really throw anything on Boone
and Cooper is just cooper. bad offensively.
^ Great info. I don't know, just stating what I was hearing at the beginning of the season.
Boone County's defense has looked good so far, I'll take the Rebels with the upset
Stardust Wrote:^ Great info. I don't know, just stating what I was hearing at the beginning of the season.

If this was last season i'd totally agree, but this year Boone County looks to be brewing something. Every game i've watched they've lined up in EMPTY! thats right NO Rbs. I think it's a start of something there again.
Kentonontop Wrote:If this was last season i'd totally agree, but this year Boone County looks to be brewing something. Every game i've watched they've lined up in EMPTY! thats right NO Rbs. I think it's a start of something there again.

Are you sure you are talking about the right team. Boone is the JC of NKY. :biggrin:
sstack Wrote:Are you sure you are talking about the right team. Boone is the JC of NKY. :biggrin:

Lol yess, obviously it wasn't a whole bunch but just surprised to see that.
All they've really run out of it is Jet Sweep.
Boone County in this one. Defense shows up they will be fine.
I beleive Cov Cath is the 2nd best team in NKY. I've not seen Beechwood yet, but CCH is much better than I expected them to be. Cov Cath by 14