Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ Russell 9/9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here kitty kitty.
^haha!!
The "kitties" will be there soon enough...trust me, you'll know it.
I've seen this team in a cat fight there for real.
I'll take those Red Devils in a close one 30-27
Cant wait.
^ Be careful what you wish for. Ashland wins this ballgame.
Ashland will win by as much as they wish!
I wouldn't be so sure for an easy win. I would have not said that about a week ago but from what I heard this past Friday I'm not so sure now. This is definitely not the same team as last year. Will Russell pull this off I don't know but I DO NOT see a blowout like last year.
that's right Wrote:Ashland will win by as much as they wish!

I think it will be a better game than you think.
This game will be a lot closer than what the Ashland people think. Russell is an improved team but Ashland appears to be much improved itself. With that being said, Ashland will stay lay a beat down on the Devils.
64cat Wrote:This game will be a lot closer than what the Ashland people think. Russell is an improved team but Ashland appears to be much improved itself. With that being said, Ashland will stay lay a beat down on the Devils.

My goodness. The Ashland faithful is confident. Now won't you feel stupid if this turns out to be a great game. Probably not.

I think this is going to be a great game. :ChairHit: No "beat downs" :lmao:no "Ashland wins by as much as they want".
Tomcats by 3 TDs
I have an honest question. Does everyone think that Ashland is that much better than Ironton this year? Everyone thought Russell would get dismantled by Ironton and we all know how that game played out.

What makes everyone think that Ashland is that far superior?
They're not.
It will be a good game, these two teams, always seem to play down to the wire. (with the exception of a few blowouts). Nothing like a good rivalry!
I still think Russell/Ashland is the best Rivalry in NE Ky, despite last years meltdown. Most years it is down to the wire. I believe it will be this year.
I agree with you FBALL, I think this game may just end with who has the ball last. I for one was VERY surprised with the Russell-Ironton outcome. So with that said I believe that this years game is going to be a very good game.
Jeepman Wrote:My goodness. The Ashland faithful is confident. Now won't you feel stupid if this turns out to be a great game. Probably not.

I think this is going to be a great game. :ChairHit: No "beat downs" :lmao:no "Ashland wins by as much as they want".

Not real sure where you got that I was an Ashland faithful, but whatever.

wiseone

I believe in my devils always will just don't like the match ups with the tomcats their strength thru the air has always been our weakness.I thought we played a very good game with Ironton and showed alot of heart but the matchup was better for us Ashland isn't going to try and grind it out and out physical us..we have to come out and pound the ball and try to push them around a bit...just my thoughts
Ummm? Did everyone on here forget about not just last year, but the previous 2 years were not even competitive between these 2. An while I agree it's not typical between them. The last three years has been all Ashland an I don't see it changing this year! In case everybody forgot Russell stayed pretty close with ironton last year an the Tomcats whipped Russell by 54 points an Ironton handled the tomcats last year? So don't really get the comparison?
Questions about Ironton?
Did the tigers have lots of speed on the corners?
Did the tigers throw the ball down field alot?
Did they have speed backs?
Did they have a QB that can scramble, throw and run? This is what Ashland will bring. If Ironton played this style of football and the devils stopped them. Then the tomcats may have their hands full. Or did the tigers try to power everything and throw every now and then. If so that may be the devils strengths. The big question is. Can the devils match the speed of the tomcats?
If the devils can keep it under 20 points. They have a chance. If they can't slow down the tomcat offense. It will be another tomcat victory. The devil offense imo won't score more then 21 against the tomcats.
I hope it's close at the end. And the fans get their money's worth!
Got a feeling Ashlands speed and skilled players will be to much for the devils to handle. tomcats 38---devils 21 Good luck to both!
All about matchups!! Just dont think anyone should compare what the devils did in the Ironton game. Two totally diferent style teams!
Ashland by 3 TDs
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Questions about Ironton?
Did the tigers have lots of speed on the corners?
Did the tigers throw the ball down field alot?
Did they have speed backs?
Did they have a QB that can scramble, throw and run? This is what Ashland will bring. If Ironton played this style of football and the devils stopped them. Then the tomcats may have their hands full. Or did the tigers try to power everything and throw every now and then. If so that may be the devils strengths. The big question is. Can the devils match the speed of the tomcats?
If the devils can keep it under 20 points. They have a chance. If they can't slow down the tomcat offense. It will be another tomcat victory. The devil offense imo won't score more then 21 against the tomcats.
I hope it's close at the end. And the fans get their money's worth!
Got a feeling Ashlands speed and skilled players will be to much for the devils to handle. tomcats 38---devils 21 Good luck to both!
All about matchups!! Just dont think anyone should compare what the devils did in the Ironton game. Two totally diferent style teams!

That's the kind of information I was looking for.

Ironton was more of a ground and pound style of offense. Let's see what the Devils can do with Ashland,
BADCAT74 Wrote:Ummm? Did everyone on here forget about not just last year, but the previous 2 years were not even competitive between these 2. An while I agree it's not typical between them. The last three years has been all Ashland an I don't see it changing this year! In case everybody forgot Russell stayed pretty close with ironton last year an the Tomcats whipped Russell by 54 points an Ironton handled the tomcats last year? So don't really get the comparison?

And did we forget that last year Russell did play Ironton to the end while the Tigers ripped the kittens to pieces. You can't always go on comparisons of the past.

Last year Russell laid down and quit after a really good start for Ashland. I don't see this group rolling over like that.

We shall see.
[quote=FBALL]And did we forget that last year Russell did play Ironton to the end while the Tigers ripped the kittens to pieces. You can't always go on comparisons of the past.

Last year Russell laid down and quit after a really good start for Ashland. I don't see this group rolling over like that.

We shall see

I believe that's what I said? "ironton handled the tomcats". Yep that's exactly what I said, Russell played ironton close last year an Ashland beat Russell by 54 pts.
Midee1 Wrote:I have an honest question. Does everyone think that Ashland is that much better than Ironton this year? Everyone thought Russell would get dismantled by Ironton and we all know how that game played out.

What makes everyone think that Ashland is that far superior?

Unless russell has developed a secondary that can defend the pass? Something Ironton doesn't do much of, Ashland will give Russell fits again with the spread Offense.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Unless russell has developed a secondary that can defend the pass? Something Ironton doesn't do much of, Ashland will give Russell fits again with the spread Offense.

If they scrap that sit back in a zone and rush three philosophy they will be fine. They played more agressive against Pike Central in the playoffs and the pass defense was much better.

I don't believe this group will roll over and quit like last year though. The kittens may win but it will be a fight.
The Devils played very well Friday against the Tigers. The second half Devils put a smaller group on the offense line and where able to move and control the ball. Kudos to Bevis & Adkins in the second half. Ashland style in totally oppisite. They spready it out, got speed on both sides of the ball, and are stronger. If Russell can't control the ball it will be a long night.
I'm sure that the Russell coachs are working on a plan to slow down the mighty Tomcats. Russell also has a little speed maybe not as fast as Ashland but we will see.
Pages: 1 2 3