Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Ind. @ Middlesboro predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Should be a good game. I'm predicting lots of passing. I'll say somewhere between 6 and 700 yards combined for the night. What do you think?
Harlan wins by 4

Harlan 32
Middlesboro 28
From watching the game last night it seems to me that Riddle does his best work when Roark scrambles and he can slip behind the pass coverage and get open. Roark was trying to stay alive long enough for someone to get open and when Bell caught on to that they were very successful in shutting Boro's pass game down. Seemed that most passes completed by Roark was after the recievers had run their routes and were just trying to get open. The pass coverage has to stay with their man till the wistle blows. Roark can be very elusive.
Somehow I missed this thread when I opened up another thread on this game.
Sorry. I'm going to say Middlesboro wins this one.

Middlesboro 42
Harlan 26
This will be the most competitive game between these two in a long time. I'll go with the Dragons in a close one...
I believe the dragons are for real this year. I'm picking them to win 28 - 21.
Did the Dragons play last night?

Good Luck this week against the Jackets!
Dragonsdad Wrote:Should be a good game. I'm predicting lots of passing. I'll say somewhere between 6 and 700 yards combined for the night. What do you think?

700 Combined? Wow! That would certainly be an exciting game to witness
I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see 600+ passing in this game.
It should be a great game and a close game, but I am taking the Dragons by 3.
Middlesboro bounces back and wins by 21..
Middlesboro 49
Harlan 35
i think harlan wins i seen a few middlesboro players last night on cruches and with ice packs wraped on their shoulders .they played with so much emotion last night they i think they will come out flat for harlan.
I'll take the Dragons by7. I hope JB don't get punched in the nose! :redboxer:
Hopefully we learned a little bit about the Jackets last night. I think if we can put up a good pass rush on Roark and contain him to the inside while sticking like glue to those recievers we'll have a good chance. But we will also have use long sustained drives to eat up the clock and Middlesboro's Off. off of the field.
I honestly believe this will be a close game.

I'll go with Harlan.
Could a moderator please add a poll to this thread? Thanks
Middlesboro - 34

Harlan - 21
Hard to decide because Harlan is actually good this year and plus I am from Harlan Co... i do not like the color green but good luck this week!!
ilovemylineman :) Wrote:Hard to decide because Harlan is actually good this year and plus I am from Harlan Co... i do not like the color green but good luck this week!!

Just money green, right? LOL... Its good to see Harlan competitive with Middlesboro(I hope). HCHS and Harlan Ind are representing Harlan County well. I got Harlan by 3 in a shootout 33-30.
ilovemylineman :) Wrote:Hard to decide because Harlan is actually good this year and plus I am from Harlan Co... i do not like the color green but good luck this week!!

It's ok dude. As Harlan Countians we should all support both our county teams because first we are all Harlan Countians. I support HC every chance I get,but I am a Dragon at heart.
Stardust Wrote:700 Combined? Wow! That would certainly be an exciting game to witness
Im with Stardust.
This will be a very competitive high scoring affair.
I know Harlan and Middlesboro has some of the better all around players they have had in a long time.
The Team with the LEAST mistakes walks away with a nice Win.
Harlan did play Bell tight for a while in the panorama.
So i think harlan has the better defense.
and a excellent running game.
Middlesboro may be the better passing team because of riddle and roark.
But at the high school level the passing team seems always more so prone to make mistakes.
Harlan after a week off to prepare and Rehab will be more than up to the challenge and grind out the clock with their smash mouth Hard nose football and take a 2 touchdown lead early and with their Big D Hold off a late Rally by the very game yellow Jackets to make it a close game in the End.
This will make 2 pretty good Yellow Jacket teams(wiilliamsburg also) to fall to the Big Green machine in their last 2 games.
before i give my score, i like to know what is M'boro injury report like?
This should be one heck of a game! I am wondering what kind of an effect the Bell Co game will have on the Middlesboro boys. IMO, Middlesboro should win but, I think that Harlan will win in a close one.

Harlan - 49

Middlesboro - 42
The weather channel is giving 6 to 10 inches of rain for this week and a 30% chance of a thunder storm with heavy rain for Friday night. I wonder how that would affect the game. I haven't been to a good muddy game in a while it might be a treat. Still I wonder who has the advantage in the rain and mudd? I believe I would put my money on Demarcus Williams and Dalton Overbey. They are two heavy duty power runners.
the panorama with harlan n bell really can not be used as a measuring stick here as bell held alot back! if middlesboro put up 20 on bell and had 2 great opportunities to add 2 more td's in the first half but over threw a wide open wr in the endzone on a post route and shot their selves in the foot with a illegal sub on 3and1 from the 25. I would say chase will be able to score 35-49 points on harlan but harlan running game could score as much. I will take the jackets at hom3 42 - 28
Two of the top 5 QB's in the Mountains go to war in this game.

Harlan- 35
M'boro - 28
I guess that it may come as a shock to some that Ty Saragas has passed for over 600 yards and 6 Tds in two games. I think Harlan's passing game is just as good as the Jackets, but the Dragons need to be able to power run to play ball control, and the defense has to continue to get many hats to the play. I see the Green team getting down to business and hanging a much needed win on the board over the Jackets.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Could a moderator please add a poll to this thread? Thanks

Done
Green Dragons!

Unregistered

Losing to Harlan would be like losing to pineville or Thomas walker, VA. It's not gonna happen. Middlesboro 45 Harlan 21.
Pages: 1 2 3