Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Massey Ratings showing Trinity #1 in Nation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trinity #1 :1:
Highlands #16

What say you?
Trinity is probably right. Idk abt highlands
That is great to have two Kentucky teams ranked in the top 16.
There were several Cinti schools in the top 25 as well.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Trinity is probably right. Idk abt highlands

I think Bowling Green could have a say against Highlands.
Wow. That's crazy to have two Kentucky schools rated that high.
ky has some good teams this yr
RebelRowdie Wrote:I think Bowling Green could have a say against Highlands.

Bowling Green has had their chances against Highlands. They can't beat Highlands. They beat a real bad, soft, poor tackling St X. team. You now wanna crown them? Crown them.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Bowling Green has had their chances against Highlands. They can't beat Highlands. They beat a real bad, soft, poor tackling St X. team. You now wanna crown them? Crown them.

I believe that Bowling Green has had chances against Highlands, however it is not with this group of students.

Highlands is 3-1 against Bowling Green all time.

In 2007, Highlands beat Bowling Green 28-7 for the state Class 5A championship.

In 1995, Bowling Green beat Highlands 28-12 for the state Class 4A championship.

In 1961, HHS beat BG in the regular season 49-6.
In 1960, HHS beat BG in the regular season 26-13.

You can see that meetings between the two are few and far between.

Also note that HHS and BGHS are not in the same class this year and have no way of meeting.

The BG posters are now hyped up because the 2011 Purples are 3-0 after wins over teams that are 1-2 (AC-S), 0-3 (HC) and 1-2 (St X). Maybe they should wait until they play someone with a better record for all the hoopla.

Highlands is 2-0 with wins over teams that are 2-1 (BC) and 0-3 (DH). That is not that impressive either, so maybe both sides need to wait until they have more games under their belts to see how they stand this year.

As for the Massey football ratings, those are computer ratings that do not mean very much. At this point in the season, many teams have not even begun their 2011 season and their ratings are based on last year's results and not this years. Wait a few weeks and they will be much better ratings, but still computer ratings.
Trinity at #1, I could see. Highlands at #16, no way.

Unregistered

thats texas trinity...
Wideleft01 Wrote:Bowling Green has had their chances against Highlands. They can't beat Highlands. They beat a real bad, soft, poor tackling St X. team. You now wanna crown them? Crown them.

You can tell this is coming from a cheerleader.
If Trinity go 15-0 this year. I think they will win the Nation Title this year.
I agree. With their schedule, they would deserve it.
Wise one Wrote:The BG posters are now hyped up because the 2011 Purples are 3-0 after wins over teams that are 1-2 (AC-S), 0-3 (HC) and 1-2 (St X). Maybe they should wait until they play someone with a better record for all the hoopla.

I would take a win over this years 1-2 St. X over most of 3-0 teams in the state. Record has nothing to do with it. However, it is worth mentioning BG and Highlands in the same conversation regarding who's behind Trinity.

I do agree about the computer rankings needing several weeks of results to start dialing in. Nonetheless, it's nice to see the two schools listed at this point in the year.
I will say this im am for all KY schools but when trinity can beat a team from ohio I would put them at #1 but I think they can not Ohio football is on a diffrent level than KY JUST SYING
Awesome!
I wish Trinity would play a mountain school 1 time so I would have a chance to see them