Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark @ Pikeville- Thoughts and Predictions (Week 3, Friday, Sep. 9th 7:30)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Cardinals looks to give the Panthers their first loss of the season. Sheldon Clark is coming off a loss to Class A Frankfort, while Pikeville is coming off a win against Raceland. Sheldon Clark has a ton of speed and if Pikeville doesn't corral the edge, it could be a long night. For Pikeville, the Sheldon Clark game last year was a turning point for the Panthers, hopefully progress is continued Friday night.

Who ya got?
SC 26
Pikeville 21
If Pikeville wins this game they will be 4-0 and have high hopes in the up coming season. Im not sure if i think SC will get there game together but I Predict SC to beat Pikeville 23 to 21. I mean no disrespect to Pikeville but i have believed in this young season that Frankfort was just a little bit better than Pikeville and if Pikeville loses to SC then it will sorta prove my point.

I also heard they was moving Maynard to wide out is there any truth to that?
bac2369 Wrote:If Pikeville wins this game they will be 4-0 and have high hopes in the up coming season. Im not sure if i think SC will get there game together but I Predict SC to beat Pikeville 23 to 21. I mean no disrespect to Pikeville but i have believed in this young season that Frankfort was just a little bit better than Pikeville and if Pikeville loses to SC then it will sorta prove my point.

There may be packages, but it would not be permanent. He is too good of a player to not have the ball in his hands on 90% of the snaps.
Panther Thunder Wrote:There may be packages, but it would not be permanent. He is too good of a player to not have the ball in his hands on 90% of the snaps.

I agree with that 110%. The kid is playmaker with the ball in his hands.
bac2369 Wrote:If Pikeville wins this game they will be 4-0 and have high hopes in the up coming season. Im not sure if i think SC will get there game together but I Predict SC to beat Pikeville 23 to 21. I mean no disrespect to Pikeville but i have believed in this young season that Frankfort was just a little bit better than Pikeville and if Pikeville loses to SC then it will sorta prove my point.

Don't think that would mean Frankfort is better than Pikeville. If SC coughs the ball up like they have been they are going to lose like they have been. If they cut out the turnovers they are a good team and would handle Frankfort most days.
Being a Sheldon Clark fan, I most certainly hope they can pull off the win. But it might come down to how badly they are beaten up from the Frankfort game. I understand the linemen took a real pounding and some are nursing injuries.

On the positive side, however, I've heard that they showed heart last night and displayed some team-work. So we will see come Friday night.

See you there, the good Lord willing.
Pikeville's got this. 28-21
SC is coming into this game at 0-3 This is a must win game for them I think and they get back on the winning side of things this week by 6
Pikeville 30
Sheldon Clark 22
I think it will be close... not going against the Panthers though..
Panthers 28
Cardinals 24
HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!!:popcorn:
SC has to get a win this week if not it could be a long season for
them so with that being said i'm going to say SC - 21
Pikeville - 14
Sheldon Clark 36
Pikeville 30
Sc has the talent 2 of the best backs in the mountains. But as we have seen talent doesn't win ball games. If Sheldon Clark can get the line fired up and hang on to the ball they could win the district if they hump up like they have been they might just win 2 games this season. I'm hoping hager is doing some soul searching and pumps some inspiration into this beaten up team.
I look for skyles to have a big game Friday. Sc-31 pv-20
Pikeville -29
Sheldon Clark - 26
Pikeville-28
Sheldon Clark-26
Sheldon Clark - 27

Pikeville - 10
Card2000 Wrote:Sc has the talent 2 of the best backs in the mountains. But as we have seen talent doesn't win ball games. If Sheldon Clark can get the line fired up and hang on to the ball they could win the district if they hump up like they have been they might just win 2 games this season. I'm hoping hager is doing some soul searching and pumps some inspiration into this beaten up team.

Yes, I also, think it is possible for Sheldon Clark to have a good season going forward, and as was mentioned in the above quote, the line has to improve dramatically. However, there were a few bright spots in the loss to Frankfort. There was some cohesion and a lot of heart shown in that game, which has been lacking in the two prior games.

Skyles did have a much better performance in the Frankfort game; he displayed a lot of the spark that has made him an outstanding back. And Smith is a good, elusive runner, so SC is blessed with two outstanding backs.

As was mentioned above, however, talent alone will not produce a winning team; there are other factors in the equation that must be addressed so as to be a winner.

Good luck in the Pikeville game to Coach Hager and the team, and let's wish for an injury free game for Sheldon Clark and Pikeville.
pikeville--28
SC-- 21
Pikeville-20
Sheldon Clark-28
28-22 Pikeville
Pikeville at home wins - by less than 7
If Pikeville wins this game they will lose next week and then win out the season. They go into the playoffs 9-1,I think,but not real sure about the Swain game.
Pikeville-13 Will be close, but the Panthers win at home.
SC-7

Unregistered

Card2000 Wrote:Sc has the talent 2 of the best backs in the mountains. But as we have seen talent doesn't win ball games. If Sheldon Clark can get the line fired up and hang on to the ball they could win the district if they hump up like they have been they might just win 2 games this season. I'm hoping hager is doing some soul searching and pumps some inspiration into this beaten up team.

Are you saying that Tim Smith is one 1 of the 2 best backs in the mountains? LOL! Maybe one of the fastest, but not best. But then again, I guess he could have improved. I havent watched him play since last year.
Dragonsdad Wrote:If Pikeville wins this game they will lose next week and then win out the season. They go into the playoffs 9-1,I think,but not real sure about the Swain game.
I agree. The Swain Co., NC game is an unknown to many of us. They do have some history/tradition as well, so who knows? But 9-1 or 8-2 heading into the playoffs would be great.
PHSForever Wrote:I agree. The Swain Co., NC game is an unknown to many of us. They do have some history/tradition as well, so who knows? But 9-1 or 8-2 heading into the playoffs would be great.
Dragonsdad makes an excellent point that triggered this thought. This game can determine whether Pikeville has an "excellent" regular season or a "good" regular season. This would go a long way in ensuring the Panthers go 7-0 at home this season and finish the season with at most 2 losses (Belfry, Swain, and possibly SV may be a tough game in the end of the year if they continue to improve).

A loss would have Pikeville looking at 7-3 with some quality wins, but just good.

This game may have no real meaning, but the boost in morale and momentum would be HUGE. If I am Coach Mac, I would rally on the "We must protect this house" cry all week. Going 7-0 at home against some pretty good teams (relatively speaking) would be a huge step forward for the Panthers.

*Side note: Pikeville community, Get out to the games. Attendance is almost embarrassing. Without the late schedule change you are looking at 3 straight weeks of great football games. Now this week you should get 3/4. Show up and support these guys!
Pikeville
SC wins this one
I agree with Panther Thunder on attendance. Get out there Panther fans and support these kids, be loud and be proud of our boys they have worked hard. Knowing the fans are behind them helps these kids tremendously, they want to see us on our feet.
Panthers 28-26
Pages: 1 2