Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Which do you prefer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning or evening deer hunts?

my self i like going out on a cold morning

you?
evening.. i hate being cold lol
i didn't know u hunted 15th
There is nothing like being in the woods at the break of daylight, but I normally stay all day anyway.
i agree mr I
"Blackcat75" Wrote:i didn't know u hunted 15th

yea.. i've been a few times
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:yea.. i've been a few times

lol sure jk
I love them both....and have enjoyed success in both. I have killed more on mornung hunts, but have killed better trophys on afternoon and evening hunts.
really thats interesting
I like to hunt in the morning better i dont know if its just because im a morning person or that i just have better luck earlier
i like mornings.
It is all according to where you are hunting... but overall I would rather hunt in the evening!
You should definently hunt both...but alot of deer are killed in the middle of the day, because everyone else is coming in for lunch, and jumping deer to other smart hunters who stay out all day. I will stay out all day, unless the weather gets really bad. But during the rut, which is typically during the november gun season, you should stay out all day, because bucks will be moving alot and chasing the does.
I normally arrive before daylight, and leave after dark. Have been hunting like that for years. I am in the woods in my ground stand when other hunters are back in camp at midday. You wouldn't believe the deer that I see sometimes during these hours. :Thumbs:
Morning.
Morning