Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 40 - Clay County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from CC

I'm getting ready to do the Pick Em's they'll be up in a little while!
Nice bounceback win for Johnson Central.
Congrats JC
what were judes stats
No surprise here, Clay Co is in a rebuilding year.

Congrats Johnson Central.
Will Clay get a win this year?? If so, is S. Laurel or Whitley their best chance?
nedreader Wrote:Will Clay get a win this year?? If so, is S. Laurel or Whitley their best chance?
I'm beginning to wonder Ned. Clay has some really good athletes and they have some hogs up front. IMO personnel is not the problem. If something doesn't change soon I look for a 1-10 season...I don't like the direction our team is headed in. What's wrong?
They just don't have it. Basically its the same problem as usual...no defense. We have no skill players, Dezarn has gained weight and is VERY slow this year. We've got a brutal schedule but we can't put the ball in the endzone, nor can we stop another team from doing it. Just call it like I see it.
Congrats JC.
any stats
JJ Jude had a great game. Clay will get on track. They had moments of greatness in this game.
Clay County did a fantastic job hosting the two games. Proud of you guys for having a pregame prayer before the national anthem. A job well done.
Congrats to JC
How many yards did jude have?

Unregistered

SKIN, I really don't think Clay has that many athletes... when you lose your QB, both RBs, and your best WR you're normally in trouble... just ask Joker Phillips... nevermind, Joker thinks his offense(QB especially) is playing well
Looks like Johnson Central really took it to Clay after their big loss to the Dores!! How many yards did Jude go for in this one?

Congrats JC!!
I agree this was a good way for Central to bounce back after last week.
Unregistered Wrote:SKIN, I really don't think Clay has that many athletes... when you lose your QB, both RBs, and your best WR you're normally in trouble... just ask Joker Phillips... nevermind, Joker thinks his offense(QB especially) is playing well
Teams lose players every year. Teams that are part of a program shake it off and don't fall off the charts when seniors are gone. Clay has had 3 coaches in 5 years...No way you can build a program like that. There's more to a program than practice.

We will just have to disagree on what caliber of athletes Clay has. Do I think Clay is loaded? No, but they are a pretty good bunch if you ask me. Just as I'm already tired of Joker, I'm also tired of excuses coming from the Clay camp. No way they should be 0-3.

Someone told me at Garrard County that "this is what we pretty much expected"...If THAT is what we are expecting, we shouldn't be surprised with being 0-3 and we better soon raise our expectations.
I really believe that Clay's athletic programs began to suffer(not immediately) when the Middle school opened in '91. Before, you had all elementary schools with football and basketball teams through 8th grade. Now, kids are "weeded" out earlier due to having the middle school football & basketball teams instead of 10 elementary teams. Conversely, I think that's part of the reason baseball has taken off in Clay. Before the middle school opened you had a virtually non-existent 13-14 yr. old baseball league in Clay Co. Now, you have organized 7th and 8th grade teams. Does this make sense to anyone?
nedreader Wrote:I really believe that Clay's athletic programs began to suffer(not immediately) when the Middle school opened in '91. Before, you had all elementary schools with football and basketball teams through 8th grade. Now, kids are "weeded" out earlier due to having the middle school football & basketball teams instead of 10 elementary teams. Conversely, I think that's part of the reason baseball has taken off in Clay. Before the middle school opened you had a virtually non-existent 13-14 yr. old baseball league in Clay Co. Now, you have organized 7th and 8th grade teams. Does this make sense to anyone?
Makes a whole lot of sense to me. Before the middle school, we had over a hundred eighth grade football players suiting up (and playing) every week. We had nine freshman QB's competing, eighteen linebackers and so on, and so on. Although good in some areas, middle school sports has changed sports in Clay, and not for the good.
[quote=SKINNYPIG]Makes a whole lot of sense to me. Before the middle school, we had over a hundred eighth grade football players suiting up (and playing) every week. We had nine freshman QB's competing, eighteen linebackers and so on, and so on. Although good in some areas, middle school sports has changed sports in Clay, and not for the good.[/QUOTE Everyone has a middle school. All the teams there last night have them. Should be 2-1. Skinny, give the real reasons. We're 0-3. One: football isn't important to the powers that be or they wouldn't have, what?
Great job on running the bowl. Crowd, atmosphere, organization. Can't see any being better. :Thumbs:
BIG TONY Wrote:[quote=SKINNYPIG]Makes a whole lot of sense to me. Before the middle school, we had over a hundred eighth grade football players suiting up (and playing) every week. We had nine freshman QB's competing, eighteen linebackers and so on, and so on. Although good in some areas, middle school sports has changed sports in Clay, and not for the good.[/QUOTE Everyone has a middle school. All the teams there last night have them. Should be 2-1. Skinny, give the real reasons. We're 0-3. One: football isn't important to the powers that be or they wouldn't have, what?
Well Tony, there are some things that are important to the "powers that be", football, or any other sport for that matter are not one of them.

If our new principal is considered to be one of the "powers that be", I will exclude him from my above statement. He'll do fine.

Again, I like our athletes and I agree we should be 2-1. But what do I know? I ain't no coach!
The new principal will do what he's told to do... why do you think he was selected??
nedreader Wrote:The new principal will do what he's told to do... why do you think he was selected??
That's an all together different discussion. One that we should have face to face IMO. Bring it up the next time you see me or send me a PM.
Anyone know how many yards Jude got this week?
Must be a secret. One of two things happened. 1 he had a bad game or 2 Matney has bared anyone from releasing the stats.
He didn't have a bad game because he had over 180 and at least 2 Td's late in the 3rd. Keep in mind I say atleast cause I recall Spike talking about it just not the exact numbers.
Congrats Eagles!
congrats to JC
Pages: 1 2