Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville @ Magoffin Co. 2/15/06
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Make your predictions
The strength of the two teams suggest that Magoffin County will win this game.
However, things do not always work out logically--I will still go with Magoffin County on this game.
I had originally substituted Prestonsburg for Paintsville---My apologies. I stand by the other remarks made in the original post.
there is no way that paintsville can beat magoffin co. and the Jarrell girl for paintsville is way over rated. all that you have to do is run and she cant keep up go PUP beat those tigers
Magoffin Co.
Mc
Magoffin
paintsville by 5
magoffin will make sure they dont play onther game like at jc, magoffin by 12
"Super_de" Wrote:magoffin will make sure they dont play onther game like at jc, magoffin by 12
I will have to agree with you Super de! It would really suprise me to see Magoffin's girls play like they did at JC, when this game is at home. Even though the Lady Tigers are on a roll lately, I think the Hornets swarming pressure will be to much for the Tigers. I will take MC by 8.:rock:
Im going with Paintsville.... they are on fire right now and are very confident in what they can do... I know it's a long shot prediction but these girls are way underrated
The Hornets should win, but don't think that just because they are underdogs and will still be undermaned that the Lady Tigers will lay down!
Good luck to both teams!!! could be a dandy!
Paintsville. GO TIGERS.
Magoffin by 15
I dont think that MC will take it easy no more like jc but im sure that paintsville wont let them get by easy it will be tough but i have to go with my my girls!
"tigerman2163" Wrote:the Jarrell girl for paintsville is way over rated.

:BigLaugh: Get real tigerman. If Jarrell was "way overrated" PUP wouldn't have double teamed her the whole game when they played earlier in the season, Wireman wouldn't have either. I guess when she averaged 20 ppg and 15 rpg in 3 meetings against Magoffin last year it was just luck Rolleyes . Chelsee is the BEST post player in this region, PERIOD. If she is overrated then I would like to see PUP play man against her, 1 on 1. There must be some reason that PUP has been to over half of the Lady Tigers games this year, and that reason is to see how other teams play Chelsee and Kendra, cause he KNOWS that either one is more than capable of putting up HUGE numbers against his Hornets.

If Paintsville comes out and plays like the "Real Lady Tigers" then this game will be a shootout, down to the wire. If they don't and they play like they did in the first meeting between the two, the the Hornets will have their way with them.

I'm goin with Paintsville by 2.
Paintsville has terrible match up problems with Magoffin. There is no way PHS should stay with MCHS. MCHS's quickness should overtake PHS. MCHS should beat Paintsville. A lot of shoulds.

If Russell plays, there is no way she will be even at 75%. That is not good for Paintsville.

Paintsville came out timid and didn't shoot the ball well at all (33%). I don't see how PHS could come out timid. Hell, they faced one of the best traps in the state at the All A State. As long as they aren't timid, they should shoot the ball well.

I look for a pretty decent crowd. There will be coaches and players from other teams because it's a huge game with 2 of the top 3 teams in the region.

PHS by 3.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote::BigLaugh: Get real tigerman. If Jarrell was "way overrated" PUP wouldn't have double teamed her the whole game when they played earlier in the season, Wireman wouldn't have either. I guess when she averaged 20 ppg and 15 rpg in 3 meetings against Magoffin last year it was just luck Rolleyes . Chelsee is the BEST post player in this region, PERIOD. If she is overrated then I would like to see PUP play man against her, 1 on 1. There must be some reason that PUP has been to over half of the Lady Tigers games this year, and that reason is to see how other teams play Chelsee and Kendra, cause he KNOWS that either one is more than capable of putting up HUGE numbers against his Hornets.

If Paintsville comes out and plays like the "Real Lady Tigers" then this game will be a shootout, down to the wire. If they don't and they play like they did in the first meeting between the two, the the Hornets will have their way with them.

Rolleyes Paintsville is such a threat, they put enough points up on the board to beat Salyersville Grade School. Besides, most of the time Jarrell is on the other end of the court gasping for air against the Lady Hornets. Also when the Lady Hornets played Paintsville, they played bad and still won by 18.
"MCfan" Wrote:Rolleyes Paintsville is such a threat, they put enough points up on the board to beat Salyersville Grade School. Besides, most of the time Jarrell is on the other end of the court gasping for air against the Lady Hornets. Also when the Lady Hornets played Paintsville, they played bad and still won by 18.

Boy I hope that the Lady hornets have as little respect for Paintsville!!!
:beg: Rolleyes Rolleyes
"The Guru" Wrote:Boy I hope that the Lady hornets have as little respect for Paintsville!!!
:beg: Rolleyes Rolleyes
I myself have respect for Paintsville, I was just giving my opinion that Jarrell is not all she is cracked up to be. They have a good solid very well coached team.
Good Post PC_U_KNOW_98.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote::BigLaugh: Get real tigerman. If Jarrell was "way overrated" PUP wouldn't have double teamed her the whole game when they played earlier in the season, Wireman wouldn't have either. I guess when she averaged 20 ppg and 15 rpg in 3 meetings against Magoffin last year it was just luck Rolleyes . Chelsee is the BEST post player in this region, PERIOD. If she is overrated then I would like to see PUP play man against her, 1 on 1. There must be some reason that PUP has been to over half of the Lady Tigers games this year, and that reason is to see how other teams play Chelsee and Kendra, cause he KNOWS that either one is more than capable of putting up HUGE numbers against his Hornets.

"MCfan" Wrote:I myself have respect for Paintsville, I was just giving my opinion that Jarrell is not all she is cracked up to be. They have a good solid very well coached team.
OK, it just sounded as if you were dissing them! Saying that they put up enough points to beat a grade school team, when magoffin Co gives up more points than just about anyone. I know the hornets score a bunch, but with giving up 60 a game, you had better.
Like Jarrell or not, She gets the job done night in and night out.Why else does MC double team her?
"MCfan" Wrote:Rolleyes Paintsville is such a threat, they put enough points up on the board to beat Salyersville Grade School. Besides, most of the time Jarrell is on the other end of the court gasping for air against the Lady Hornets. Also when the Lady Hornets played Paintsville, they played bad and still won by 18.

LOL, yeah and how many times have Magoffin and Paintsville played this year, ONCE. Jarrell was out of shape THEN, she isn't anymore. And if I recall correctly it was Calloray who was on the other end of the floor all 3 games last year. The Lady Tigers NOW would beat the Lady Tiger team from the beginning of the season by 25+. Magoffin didn't play a bad game the first meeting, they played a little sloppy at the beginning, but after that they were clicking. Why is it PUP is at almost every game the Lady Tigers play MCfan, what do you think?
"MCfan" Wrote:I myself have respect for Paintsville, I was just giving my opinion that Jarrell is not all she is cracked up to be. They have a good solid very well coached team.

Nope, you're right, she is horrible. That's why Pikeville College offered her a full ride lastnight after the Pike Central game. IDK about you, but she must be doing something right.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Nope, you're right, she is horrible. That's why Pikeville College offered her a full ride lastnight after the Pike Central game. IDK about you, but she must be doing something right.

I didn't say she is horrible, I just don't think that she is as good as everybody say's she is.:thumb:
Wow. No surprise though.
"MCfan" Wrote:I didn't say she is horrible, I just don't think that she is as good as everybody say's she is.:thumb:
In the last 6 games she is averaging 16.5 points, 11.3 rebounds, 2 steals, and she's shooting 65%. This was with being double and tripled team. Competition: 3 All A State games, Sheldon Clark (Jude), East Ridge (Hoggston and Conley), and Pike Central (Lowe).

Full ride to Pikeville College. Conrats Chelsee!!!!:Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Commands double and triple teams.

Sounds to me like she's pretty daggone good:wieghts: :wieghts: :wieghts:

Guru and PC nailed it on the head. Pup is worried about PHS. He didn't look too happy when he left the East Ridge game. I don't think anyone has to worry about MCHS overlooking PHS or not having respect.
Im gonna say Magoffin in this one. Paintsville will give them a good game though!
"MCfan" Wrote:I didn't say she is horrible, I just don't think that she is as good as everybody say's she is.:thumb:

How many times and when have you seen her play.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Paintsville has terrible match up problems with Magoffin. There is no way PHS should stay with MCHS. MCHS's quickness should overtake PHS. MCHS should beat Paintsville. A lot of shoulds.

If Russell plays, there is no way she will be even at 75%. That is not good for Paintsville.

Paintsville came out timid and didn't shoot the ball well at all (33%). I don't see how PHS could come out timid. Hell, they faced one of the best traps in the state at the All A State. As long as they aren't timid, they should shoot the ball well.

I look for a pretty decent crowd. There will be coaches and players from other teams because it's a huge game with 2 of the top 3 teams in the region.

PHS by 3.
you say Paintsville cant handle there quickness and if Russel plays she will not be 100% and still say PHS by 3 ????????????
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:How many times and when have you seen her play.
Am I not allowed an opinion? Let's get back to the game.
Pages: 1 2