Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Franklin County 34 - Letcher County Central 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from LCC
Barnburner of a game. Actually closer then I thought. LCC had plenty of chances to win the game but shot theirselves in the foot. Congrats to the Flyers and their coaching staff on a good win.
Another tuff loss for letcher. These kids need not to hang there heads but keep high hopes as the season is still early.
LCC may be one of the most dangerous 1-2 teams in the mountains. They need to find some more players to rotate in the game so exhaustion will not be a factor.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:LCC may be one of the most dangerous 1-2 teams in the mountains. They need to find some more players to rotate in the game so exhaustion will not be a factor.

Agreed. They seem to be much improved this year.
Congrats FC
Great Game from Both Teams. Good job FC. LC is a GOOD Football Team. It would of been a Better Game if the refs would of done a Better JOB!!! Look like to me that they try to take it away from FC!!! But the Flyers kept there heads and didn't let the Refs get to them. Now Flyers lets get ready for the City Championship!!!

I bet you will see LC go far in the Playoffs. Like i said. They are a Very good Football Team!!!
Franklin Co. 34 Letcher Co. Central 27

Franklin Co. 0 14 13 7 34
Letcher Co. Central 7 0 13 7 27
Scoring summary:
LCC--Keaston Hall 37 pass from Logan Johnson (Sidney Fields kick); FC--Chris Roberts 4 run (Zach Durham kick); FC--Ryan Timmons 71 pass from Logan Woodside (Durham kick); FC--Timmons 66 run (kick blocked); LCC--Chris Tyree 64 pass from Johnson (Fields kick); LCC--Matt Boggs 45 pass from Johnson (kick blocked); FCC--Timmons 60 pass from Woodside (Durham kick); LCC--Boggs 15 pass from Johnson (Fields kick); FC--Roberts 8 run (Durham kick).
Records: Franklin Co. 3-0, Letcher Co. Central 1-2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1WszDPc7x
This was a bigger than expected test for FC the long bus ride really took it's tole onn the Flyers's. O Line and D line not attacking like they usally have this year, but they worked hard enough to win. Ryan Timmon's, Chris Robert's, and Greg Maupin did look good as always. Logan Woodside's passing was off in this game, and oh yes the ref's were doing everything they could in the second half of the game to get the ball in LCC hands to score. All in all thus was a good game. LCC is a good team and have nothing to hang their heads about, they played hard and were a great bunch of guys.
Congrats to Franklin Co. this team will make a ton of noise this year in 5A
It was a great game to watch # 5 of Franklin County is for real. Lcc gave this game away. There was some bad calls on both sides but the refs was not the problem. Lcc had ever chance of winning this game but for the second strait week they can not hang on to the football and dropped three wide open touch downs. Lcc gave this game away. Even with all that # 5 from Franklin County mite be the next Randall Cobb at UK.
This was closer than what I thought it would be! Way to go Cougars!!
Cause the Ref on there side line was Helping them all night long!!!
Heck LCC had a touchdown called back on a questionable call.
Tough loss for the cougars.
Congrats FC