Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling Green 28 St. Xavier 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BG is legit this year, 5A better watch out! I was one of the few to pick this one in the pick em too!
^ I agree. good win BG
I was getting updates from a friend of mine down there and he said Bowling Green's QB ran wild on St. X all night. Congrats Purples on the hard fought victory.

And i agree, BG is the heavy favorite in 5A this year
Not surprised.

Bowling Green is arguably the 2nd best team in the state.
toussaints Wrote:I was getting updates from a friend of mine down there and he said Bowling Green's QB ran wild on St. X all night. Congrats Purples on the hard fought victory.

And i agree, BG is the heavy favorite in 5A this year

John Hardin might be able to contest them, if they can't though I don't think there is another 5A team that will even be able to play with them this year. How many times has a non-Trinity Kentucky school gone and won AT St. X over the past ten years?
Wonder how many of us picked BG in the GOTW.

Congrats BG
laker20 Wrote:Wonder how many of us picked BG in the GOTW.

Congrats BG

Not many. I took them in mine and then looked through everyone else's and I think maybe only two or three other people had taken them at that time.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Not surprised.

They definitely made a strong case for that argument tonight.
RoShamBo Wrote:Not many. I took them in mine and then looked through everyone else's and I think maybe only two or three other people had taken them at that time.

I had them as well. BG and Highlands...that's a game I'd like to see
I'm really surprised. I thought it would be a close game, but I thought St. X would pick up the win.
Here's the story from the Louisville Courier-Journal

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/khs/201...n-updates/

BG's quarterback Scooter Hollis accounted for 247 total yards and 2 touchdowns. Hes also a lights out 3 sport athlete and carries a 4.0 gpa. talk about doin work
Hard to say I'm not surprised, but pleasantly surprised. Nice job BG
laker20 Wrote:Wonder how many of us picked BG in the GOTW.

Congrats BG

I did! :rockon:
I just went and did a quick sweep of the Pick'em thread, and out of 92 entries in this week's contest, I counted only 11 who had picked Bowling Green.

One, of course, being mine... :biggrin:
Not surprised at all that BG beat X. I feel like everyone who knew these teams figured it would be an excellent game that could go either way. Congrats to BG!

As far as 5A, BG is definitely the favorite but they are NOT the Highlands teams of the past few years. I would say there are a few teams that have a chance to beat BG. Three from the west would obviously include Warren Central, John Hardin, and Christian County.
Taking nothing away from BG, Congrats on the big win but so much for X being able to play with Trinity this year.
This surprises me, but for a different reason. Bowling Green beat Henry Clay by 3 touchdowns and if it weren't for kneeldowns, Belfry would have also. Makes me feel good about my team! haha
Congrats Bowling Green Great Job.
If John Hardin doesnt beat BG this year then BG will be you 5A state champs.
Its no contest. Theres not one team out of the east that can come anywhere near that and i know Harlan Co. is pretty good, but no where near BG's level.
DMX be having some crow and steamed vegtables....
Big win for BG. Harlan County as an underdog at WKU in basically a home game for BG would still be fine with me.
Not gonna lie. I am surprised.
Like I told someone last night, Bowling Green is good. Scary Good. Their quarterback seems to be the man too. Kudo's to him. Does anyone think JH can threaten BG this year, or is BG on a whole different level?
RebelRowdie Wrote:Like I told someone last night, Bowling Green is good. Scary Good. Their quarterback seems to be the man too. Kudo's to him. Does anyone think JH can threaten BG this year, or is BG on a whole different level?

I've only seen John Hardin once against LexCath but they were a very good team, really big and fast and their RB Harness is a stud. I definitely think they can at least give them a game. My buddy in Bowling Green says they expect Warren Central to challenge them as well. I wouldn't count out Christian Co. either. But like somebody else said, I wouldn't count on a team from the East to be any sort of threat.
RoShamBo Wrote:John Hardin might be able to contest them, if they can't though I don't think there is another 5A team that will even be able to play with them this year. How many times has a non-Trinity Kentucky school gone and won AT St. X over the past ten years?

Watch out for the Highlands Bluebirds though, I'd love to be down at that game if they play. does anyone know how the 5A Bracket works out? would they play before the State Championship game?
Iloveyou Wrote:Watch out for the Highlands Bluebirds though, I'd love to be down at that game if they play. does anyone know how the 5A Bracket works out? would they play before the State Championship game?

Highlands is in 4A now.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Not surprised.

Sorry, but I'll have to disagree. I say Trinity is #1 and Highlands is #2 and that will not change until either loses. So HIghlands was in 5A last year and many said that 4A had better teams and this year Highlands moved to 4A and now many are saying that 5A is better than 4A.
I was also hearing last year how good BG was but they did not win it all so what happened? Good luck to BG but BG will need to win more than one big game before I'll call BG 2nd best. Trinity is clearly much the best and I do not see that changing anytime soon.
RoShamBo Wrote:I've only seen John Hardin once against LexCath but they were a very good team, really big and fast and their RB Harness is a stud. I definitely think they can at least give them a game. My buddy in Bowling Green says they expect Warren Central to challenge them as well. I wouldn't count out Christian Co. either. But like somebody else said, I wouldn't count on a team from the East to be any sort of threat.
Thanks for the info. I'm interested in how BC will match up with them (JH) next week. Should give us an idea of how decent we are. Best of luck to BG, you guys were always superb when we played in the Rafferty's bowl with you guys. :Thumbs:
Well, the Purples are looking pretty dominant this season and this just proved it!! I figured that it would be a close game with BG winning!! I came pretty close with my prediction, my prediction was 21-14 Bowling Green!!

Congrats Purples!
Bowling Green is decent this year. What everyone is missing here is that St. X is bad. They go 4 and 6 this year. I watched every play of this game. X is undisciplined, poor tackling, not much offense, limited speed. Just not a typical X team. I don't think X has the players this year that they've had in the past. They all must be at Trinity.
Pages: 1 2