Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 34 - Morgan County 30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Estill

What a game!!!!

Estill went up 21-0 before morgan came back

Estill lead 27-14 at halftime

late in the 4th it's Estill 27-22

Morgan Scores with about 2-3 minutes left and they get the 2 pt conversion

Morgan leads 30-27 with around 2:19 left

Estill missed 2 TD passes

WORST OFFICIATING GAME ANYONE HAS EVER SEEN!

on Kickoff Estill returns it all the way back for a TD but the ref said he stepped outta bounds at Morgan's 10 Yard line when he didn't.

we got a flag thrown on us for delay of game and we just had broke huddle, no way it was 25 seconds.

then Morgan got called for a 5 Yard facemask (has anyone ever heard of such?) and instead of it being an automatic 1st Down, we get 5 yards and have to go for it on 4th and Goal.

with 15 seconds left, Estill goes for it 4th and Goal. Estill throws it in the endzone and Randy Davidson Comes down with the TD. Making it 33-30 Estill. Engineers kick the extra point through the uprights making it 34-30.

Kickoff, Morgan get's it starts running it and the ball carrier get's tackled and as he's going down, the ball comes out and Estill recovers and the Engineers kneel it down and that's game!
I made the trip all the way up from Richmond. If Estill hadn't let Morgan back into the game Estill could have blown it wide open

anyways Congrats Engineers
14th Region Fan Wrote:I made the trip all the way up from Richmond. If Estill hadn't let Morgan back into the game Estill could have blown it wide open

anyways Congrats Engineers

Estill could've gashed this game wide open early, made some costly mistakes, and Morgan hung around and nearly came away with a W. Congrats to both teams, very entertaining game. Pretty sure there were more than 5 passes thrown tonight.
That was the most exciting game I had ever been too lol
lol omg SK you shoulda been at the powell game too lol.
But congrats to them Irvine boys i knew they would get thier first W of the season soon.
Congrats to Estill County!
As far as the facemask goes, there is an unintentional facemask penalty for five yards where someone's hand slaps or mistakenly hits the facemask. The intentional facemask penalty is where the hand grabs the facemask and turns the head of the opposing player. It is a fifteen yard unsportsmanlike automatic first down penalty.
I didn't see the play it's self but from the way the coaches and everyone talking it sounded like they grabbed his mask and pulled down
Strikeout King Wrote:That was the most exciting game I had ever been too lol

Please don't take offense to this... and let me say I am not downgrading the effectiveness of the offense each team runs because it has been proven to be effective........but.............. there is no way i could get excited about two teams running the Double Wing.
^ I was talking about it going down to the wire about like a basketball game.

I do have to give props to the Cougars tho they fought back and never gave up
Is the EC's first win this year?
^ Yes.
Estill jumped on Morgan early, Morgan came back. Morgan had a goalline stand to get the ball back to drive for the lead 30-27. Estill breaks the kick off but he steps out of bounds. Morgan held Estill out once again on the goaline for 3 downs and on 4th and goal, Jones completes a pass to Davidson for the win. No excuses but it was a total blown coverage, we left him wide open. Congrats to Estill, #2 Jones is a heck of a player.
Strikeout King Wrote:Final from Estill

What a game!!!!

Estill went up 21-0 before morgan came back

Estill lead 27-14 at halftime

late in the 4th it's Estill 27-22

Morgan Scores with about 2-3 minutes left and they get the 2 pt conversion

Morgan leads 30-27 with around 2:19 left

Estill missed 2 TD passes

WORST OFFICIATING GAME ANYONE HAS EVER SEEN!

on Kickoff Estill returns it all the way back for a TD but the ref said he stepped outta bounds at Morgan's 10 Yard line when he didn't.

we got a flag thrown on us for delay of game and we just had broke huddle, no way it was 25 seconds.

then Morgan got called for a 5 Yard facemask (has anyone ever heard of such?) and instead of it being an automatic 1st Down, we get 5 yards and have to go for it on 4th and Goal.

with 15 seconds left, Estill goes for it 4th and Goal. Estill throws it in the endzone and Randy Davidson Comes down with the TD. Making it 33-30 Estill. Engineers kick the extra point through the uprights making it 34-30.

Kickoff, Morgan get's it starts running it and the ball carrier get's tackled and as he's going down, the ball comes out and Estill recovers and the Engineers kneel it down and that's game!

I could get on here and say you are 100% correct about the officials especially when we fumble out of bounds on the 10 and get called for a touchback. Both teams played hard, I knew it would be a war.
I knew this game would be a good one. I had Morgan winning though. Congrats Estill on win #1 in 2011.
papagrit Wrote:Congrats to Estill County!
As far as the facemask goes, there is an unintentional facemask penalty for five yards where someone's hand slaps or mistakenly hits the facemask. The intentional facemask penalty is where the hand grabs the facemask and turns the head of the opposing player. It is a fifteen yard unsportsmanlike automatic first down penalty.

Actually they changed that rule about 2 years ago. ALL facemask penalties, inadvertent, or intentional, are now 15 yard penalties.
This sounds like an exciting game that should not have been. Sounds like Estill should have actually blown them out!

Congrats Engineers!
Estill County has always seemed to have Morgan Countys number.
I give cedit to Estill county, They played hard. Alot of wrong perceptions about this game. Estill came out and jumped out on Morgan 21-0. Now as far as IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A BLOWOUT is not correct at all. Morgan cut it to 21-14 with only a few seconds before the half( which is a game now). With only a few seconds before the half Estill throws a deep ball for a score as time expires.( 27-14 Estill at the half) I have no clue what happened but I do know Morgan's staff was jumping up and down screaming BAIL! BAIL! BAIL! right before that happened to their secondary yet the Estill player still managed to get behind Morgan. Second half, Morgan goes down and scores and gets the 2 pt. conversion, it's now 27-22( which is a 5 point game in the 3rd). Each team gets a couple stops, even game at this point. In the 4th, Estill drives all the way down to the 10. Morgan holds them 4 and out on a goal-line stand, gets the ball back. Morgan drives 90 yards for the score and 2 pt. conversion, MORGAN 30 ESTILL 27. Morgan kicks off with 1:25 seconds to go in the game. #15 for Estill runs untouched down the left sideline, UNTOUCHED for the score but was called back for stepping out of bounds on the 10 yd. line. Morgan hung tough, they held Estill on 3 attempts from the 10 yd. line in. It's 4th and goal, timeout. Final play of the game, Estill qb rolls right, as he's being hit, he throws a pass straight up in the air towards the middle of the end-zone, there's #25 Davidson wide open. Estill 34 Morgan 30. In all honesty, If #25 is covered, Morgan wins the game. morgan NEVER QUIT or GAVE UP even being down 21-0. They fought back and played their guts out and with 1:25 left in the game, took the lead. All this it should not have been a game, that's not correct at all. Both teams played hard, great game. Estill jumped on Morgan early, proved to be the difference.
From the post, it was a great game. It is unbeleivable how people get on chat boards and talk about officials missing fundamental book rules and then show how much they know by misinterpreting the rule when the offcials get one right. NFHS football rule 9.4.3 incidental grasping of the face mask is a 5-yard penalty and could result in a 15-yard penalty if the opponent twist, turns or pulls the face mask or helment oppening. Neither penalty carries an automatic fisrt down. Get a clue people.
SlantStrong Wrote:I give cedit to Estill county, They played hard. Alot of wrong perceptions about this game. Estill came out and jumped out on Morgan 21-0. Now as far as IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A BLOWOUT is not correct at all. Morgan cut it to 21-14 with only a few seconds before the half( which is a game now). With only a few seconds before the half Estill throws a deep ball for a score as time expires.( 27-14 Estill at the half) I have no clue what happened but I do know Morgan's staff was jumping up and down screaming BAIL! BAIL! BAIL! right before that happened to their secondary yet the Estill player still managed to get behind Morgan. Second half, Morgan goes down and scores and gets the 2 pt. conversion, it's now 27-22( which is a 5 point game in the 3rd). Each team gets a couple stops, even game at this point. In the 4th, Estill drives all the way down to the 10. Morgan holds them 4 and out on a goal-line stand, gets the ball back. Morgan drives 90 yards for the score and 2 pt. conversion, MORGAN 30 ESTILL 27. Morgan kicks off with 1:25 seconds to go in the game. #15 for Estill runs untouched down the left sideline, UNTOUCHED for the score but was called back for stepping out of bounds on the 10 yd. line. Morgan hung tough, they held Estill on 3 attempts from the 10 yd. line in. It's 4th and goal, timeout. Final play of the game, Estill qb rolls right, as he's being hit, he throws a pass straight up in the air towards the middle of the end-zone, there's #25 Davidson wide open. Estill 34 Morgan 30. In all honesty, If #25 is covered, Morgan wins the game. morgan NEVER QUIT or GAVE UP even being down 21-0. They fought back and played their guts out and with 1:25 left in the game, took the lead. All this it should not have been a game, that's not correct at all. Both teams played hard, great game. Estill jumped on Morgan early, proved to be the difference.

you forgot to mention that Estill missed 2 passes that would have resulted in TD's. 1 was to the same receiver that caught that TD pass right before half. he was in the middle of the field with no morgan defenders around the only player around him was another Estill player and the ball goes right through his hands. and another one was to Number 33, he slips in the endzone and the ball lands right in front of him. if both are caught and Estill makes both extra point kicks then it's 48-30 if they go for the 2 pt conversions and get them both then it's 52-30 I think that if Estill had caught both of those passes, Estill wouldn't have even attempted that last pass which won the game and if they hadn't attempted it then the score would have either been 41-30 or 45-30 but they didn't so the score stands at 34-30. I do give morgan credit they did fought back. They never gave up. Those kids has a lot of heart and Morgan will win some more games this year.

Best of luck to the Cougars the rest of the way
Blackwater Wrote:From the post, it was a great game. It is unbeleivable how people get on chat boards and talk about officials missing fundamental book rules and then show how much they know by misinterpreting the rule when the offcials get one right. NFHS football rule 9.4.3 incidental grasping of the face mask is a 5-yard penalty and could result in a 15-yard penalty if the opponent twist, turns or pulls the face mask or helment oppening. Neither penalty carries an automatic fisrt down. Get a clue people.

from everyone screaming about it, it sounds like it should have been a 15 Yrd penalty. The ref that was on Estill's side said he has never heard of anything like this before. The ref that made the call had to go over and talk with Morgan County's Coach then he came over and gave his ruling.
The difference is I am stating what actually happened in the game. You are stating hypothetical could have, should have situations. What I said, happened. You are saying what could have happened. All I am saying is I see alot of posts saying Estill should have blowed it open but in reality it can be also argued Morgan should have won the game having a 30-27 lead with 1:25 to go in the game. Either way, Estill wins 34-30 in a great football game.
SlantStrong Wrote:The difference is I am stating what actually happened in the game. You are stating hypothetical could have, should have situations. What I said, happened. You are saying what could have happened. All I am saying is I see alot of posts saying Estill should have blowed it open but in reality it can be also argued Morgan should have won the game having a 30-27 lead with 1:25 to go in the game. Either way, Estill wins 34-30 in a great football game.

that what I'm saying that if those passes are caught then Estill wins by double digits BUT they wasn't. Estill made a good play at the end of the game and came out winners. Like I said those kids for Morgan has a lot of heart and they will win more games. They'll finish 2nd in there district behind Breathitt but they'll win more games
This game was by no means a "blow out". Morgan was flay early, Estill took advantage of it. Estill jumped on Morgan early. I see posts saying Estill should have blew it open or it should not have been a game, that's not so at all. Morgan fought back from 21-0 to take the lead 30-27 in the closing of the game. Estill made the big play on 4th and goal to win it. Estill had to make the big play to win it, they did. 4th and goal, last play of the game, Estill wins. Jones connects with Davidson on the pass play, ballgame.
like I said Morgan will win more games this year. those kids has a lot of heart, if there down they find ways to battle back
I was impressed with Estill's qb. He has great speed and makes good decisions. It was 4th and goal, Morgan lead 30-27, last play of the game, qb Jones came through for Estill to win it. No excuses, Estill made the big play on the last play of the game. Jones is going to be a great qb.
he's just a freshmen too. I had heard a lot of good things about him while he was in middle school but hadn't seen him play until this year.
MCDADDY Wrote:Please don't take offense to this... and let me say I am not downgrading the effectiveness of the offense each team runs because it has been proven to be effective........but.............. there is no way i could get excited about two teams running the Double Wing.

Confusednicker:LOL I'm sure alot of people felt that way. I heard alot of people saying from Estill and Morgan that it was the most exciting game they had ever seen. It was a rollercoaster ride, that's for sure. Best of luck to Estill the rest of the way.
^ It was. Very exciting game.
Was Morgan County charged with a time-out? If the offical (referee only) has a conference with the coach about a ruling and the ruling made by the offical stands the team must be charged with a time out. You say that the offical has neverheard such from fans, either they have not been in a heated contest before or they are throwing a fellow offical under the bus.
Pages: 1 2