Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryle - Travis Elliot injury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
News out of the Ryle/Colerain game is that Travis Elliot tore his ACL. If this is the case it could be a long year for Ryle. Who replaces him? I was told he was playing defense and trying to run down the ball carrier and twisted the knee. It is a shame the kid was even playing D. I hope for the best for the kid and that the preliminary reports are wrong!
That would be a huge hit to Ryle and NKY 6A.
sstack Wrote:News out of the Ryle/Colerain game is that Travis Elliot tore his ACL. If this is the case it could be a long year for Ryle. Who replaces him?
No one.
It's hard to prevent injuries when any player is on the field, but I agree with sstack, i dont know why he was playing defense. This is sad news, hopefully elliot can recover quickly, strengthen his knee, then have a successfull career at WKU
Yes, Travis Elliot went down right in front of me. He was chasing a ball carrier and fell right about the Ryle 40 and in from of the Colerain bench. He did not return to the game. Torn acl should be properly diagnosed by an MRI.

Without Elliot, the Ryle O looked horrible. In the words of a friend who is a former HS coach, "That O is the worst I've seen in a long time." I tried to tell him that taking away their major weapon could have been why, but he thinks that Ryle would not have scored even with Elliot.

Big loss for NKY's 6A chances.
^ He sees Collisimo brite and early, but it is expected to be a torn ACL. Not likely he will have surgery, but get a brace and wait till the end of the season to repair
Stardust Wrote:^ He sees Collisimo brite and early, but it is expected to be a torn ACL. Not likely he will have surgery, but get a brace and wait till the end of the season to repair

Why would he wait till end of season to repair? I would think he would repair now and have that much longer to rehab for college.
^ Nope, the expectation is that he will get a brace and finish the year. Even if he got it repaired now, the thought is he will Red Shirt his Freshman year anyhow
even with a brace, he still wont be the same runner as before. ACL injuries slow you down a little, takes a lot away from making sharp cuts and it hurts a lot planting the foot in the ground. i had an ACL tear in college that ended my career, extremely painful, but ive seen guys recover and comeback to the field quickly. good luck ryle and get well elliot
The Ryle football team may have lost more than a football game on Friday night as star running back Travis Elliott suffered a knee injury that two sources deemed serious.

Elliott, who had been battling bronchitis for much of the week, left the game after hurting his knee while trying to make a tackle late in the first quarter of the Raiders 37-0 loss at Colerain.

Ryle head coach Bryson Warner would only confirm that Elliott suffered a knee injury.

“We have great doctors and I’m going to leave it up to them,” said Warner.

Elliott, who has committed to Western Kentucky University, entered the game with 337 yards rushing and nine touchdowns in Ryle’s first two games. He finished with just six yards rushing on two carries and also had two receptions for four yards.

Ryle’s offense could do little against a staunch Colerain defense that limited three-time defending Florida state champ Cocoa to less than 100 yards until late in the fourth of a 17-7 win last week. The Raiders tried to spread the field with five receivers for most of the game, but had just 138 yards of total offense, just 33 through the air as junior Nathan Davis completed only six of 19 passes and was intercepted twice. Davis rushed for 46 yards on 18 carries. Senior Jake Nutter led the Raiders with 51 yards on seven carries.
^ HE DID IT ON DEFENSE???? Why would you subject a kid that is your entire offense to put him on defense?
If I am his parents, he is going to have surgery ASAP and rehab. You may think you can do no further damage but your other leg starts compensating and before you know it you have issues with the good leg. There is a lot of life to live after football and my sons long term health is more important than any game or season. I know the coach will try to get him to put off the surgery, he does not have the kids best long term interest in mind. This coach has a win at all cost mentality. I know parents that had kids play for him and he would try to get their kids to put off surgery and pressure them into playing. This guy is not a class act and I would never let a coach influence a health decision for my son. Protect the kid at all cost.
The Rumor is he tore his acl and having surgery wed. Out For the year
Whats sad is he had to play O & D at a 6A school I know injuries happen but the more your on the field the more likely you are going to get hurt this wasnt a 1A or 2A team so why gamble I blame the coach if your are going to use him both ways wait untill playoffs when it counts or worst case Distric play.
walking tall Wrote:The Rumor is he tore his acl and having surgery wed. Out For the year

Not a rumor. Surgery IS scheduled for Wednesday.
hope he gets better
that sucks. great player doesn't get his senior year to shine. quick recovery hopefully.
Blau Vogel Wrote:Not a rumor. Surgery IS scheduled for Wednesday.

Yes, Collisimo is doing the surgery
New Mexico Wrote:If I am his parents, he is going to have surgery ASAP and rehab. You may think you can do no further damage but your other leg starts compensating and before you know it you have issues with the good leg. There is a lot of life to live after football and my sons long term health is more important than any game or season. I know the coach will try to get him to put off the surgery, he does not have the kids best long term interest in mind. This coach has a win at all cost mentality. I know parents that had kids play for him and he would try to get their kids to put off surgery and pressure them into playing. This guy is not a class act and I would never let a coach influence a health decision for my son. Protect the kid at all cost.

And it's exactly what they did:Thumbs:
Good luck to this kid. Hope he makes a full recovery and has a very successful career at Western.
^ Agreed