Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ironton 20 Russell 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Not the blowout that many across the river anticipated.
Russell was driving at the end of the game and Ironton held on fourth down. Great job Devils, you never gave up.
Russell gave them everything they wanted. A silly 12 men in the huddle may have cost the Devils the game.
Statmaster Wrote:Russell gave them everything they wanted. A silly 12 men in the huddle may have cost the Devils the game.

I will agree that the penalty was a drive killer. But Russell had other chances to score. All in all I was impressed with the Devils tonight even though they lost.
Midee please delete my thread. Russell looked as good as they Ironton. Russell was driving with 2 minutes on the clock and Ironton held on fourth down. Googie looked like the real deal tonight. The Devils gave ironton all they could handle. Great second half to watch.
I already combined the two. Carry on all.
Statmaster Wrote:Russell gave them everything they wanted. A silly 12 men in the huddle may have cost the Devils the game.

That happened twice in the game. You cannot do that against ironton and expect to win. Russell can hold their heads high. They played very well tonight. It actually appeared that Russell wore them down.
CatDawg Wrote:I already combined the two. Carry on all.

thanks Dawg
Yeah to Russell on a game well played!
I'm a Raceland Fan and I'm here to tell you I thought the Devils got hosed on the spot on that 4th down. Statmaster is right though that 12 men in the huddle penalty killed Russell at the end. That's a team I hate to see come marching into Ramland this year.
Ironton is big strong and physical. Jumped out to a 20-0 lead before Russell came back and came up just short. Russell was just as physical and had a chance to win before comming up less than a yard short on 4 th down in Ironton territory.

Pretty good ball game.

Here kitty kitty.
I thought Russell did a great job hanging in the game. With a lineman out and Davidson not playing in the second half they still had a chance to pull off the upset. Much closer game than I expected.
The 12 men on the field penalty occurred both times for the two kids that were in for Davidson. Coach McGlone took the blame for that after the game. they still had a chance to convrt though but came up just short on a play that was real close to being broke for big yards.

Googie played like a man tonight. That's one tough little nut.

Russell I believe did wear Ironton down a bit. That was a battle.

Rambait watched the second half with me. He may be right on the spot but you still have to take care of business and not leave that to chance.
Sounds like a good game. But you wouldve thought Russell had an open date, there Russell people all over Putnam stadium!!
BADCAT74 Wrote:Sounds like a good game. But you wouldve thought Russell had an open date, there Russell people all over Putnam stadium!!
you can keep them. They missed a hell of a game.
Good game by both teams. I think Ironton got a little sloppy in the second half. Not the same intensity as last weeks game with Wheelersburg. Time to get ready for Chillicothe. Good luck to Russell the rest of the season.
Nah, We barely had enough room for all of TOMCAT nation! Let alone a bunch of band waggoners.
^ lol
BADCAT74 Wrote:Nah, We barely had enough room for all of TOMCAT nation! Let alone a bunch of band waggoners.
I guess we will just have to send them to Raceland.
FBALL Wrote:I guess we will just have to send them to Raceland.

Confusednicker: