Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 21 Raceland 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Gutsy call to go for 2.
Solid win for Pikeville.
Pikeville lookin' good!
Sounds like it was a thriller. i heard we had some kids getting IV's on the field?
Sounds like it was a great game. The ams fall just short.
dang
Nice hard fought win for Pikeville, They may have what it takes to knock Hazard of theyre horse.
Watching the re-run right now. Si I'll be in here later to discuss.

But I heard it was a great game!
mikehancho25 Wrote:Nice hard fought win for Pikeville, They may have what it takes to knock Hazard of theyre horse.

I do not think so.
mikehancho25 Wrote:Nice hard fought win for Pikeville, They may have what it takes to knock Hazard of theyre horse.

We;ll have to see how Pikeville looks against Belfry before we can announce that. If the Pirates blow the Panthers out then it doesn't bode well. If Pikeville can be competitive then they may have a fighter's chance.
Prayers go out for Raceland's QB Adam and his family. morgan was a great dad and all around guy! he will be missed by all.
^Did something happen to him at the game? At least 3 ambulances with their sirens on left the field during this game.
Prayers go out for his family.
Prayers going out from Pikeville to this young man & his family.
Good win Pikeville. How did this game come about? When did Raceland go for 2.
bac2369 Wrote:Good win Pikeville. How did this game come about? When did Raceland go for 2.

With 20 seconds left in the game.:yikes:
Raceland's coach has some nuts! And I agree with the call, go for it!
Sounds like a hell of a game. Gutsy call for the coach but thats what i would of went for too. Sounds like the road to the 4th round may be very good and competitive come playoff time.
I wasn't there. Couldn't make the trip. But from what I understand Adam Elkins(racelands starting QB) father had a heart attack during the game, was taken to the hospital and has since passed away. I can't even begin to imagine what that kid is gong through. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I wasn't there. Couldn't make the trip. But from what I understand Adam Elkins(racelands starting QB) father had a heart attack during the game, was taken to the hospital and has since passed away. I can't even begin to imagine what that kid is gong through. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Thoughts and Prayers are with that young man!
jetpilot Wrote:^Did something happen to him at the game? At least 3 ambulances with their sirens on left the field during this game.
Prayers go out for his family.
Yes, he had a heart attack at the game. As I understand it, he passed away at the hospital. Prayers from Panther nation out to the young man's family.

As for the game, definitely a thriller. I'm not surprised he went for two, since Pikeville blocked a PAT earlier in the game. I'm sure he felt like it was his best chance. Some sloppy play on both sides, but that was due to the hard nature of the game, not lack of talent or anything. Pikeville turned the ball over 3 times as I recall, and I believe Raceland turned it over three times as well. A lot of bend but don't break defense both ways, and the Panther attack took to the air to do it.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I wasn't there. Couldn't make the trip. But from what I understand Adam Elkins(racelands starting QB) father had a heart attack during the game, was taken to the hospital and has since passed away. I can't even begin to imagine what that kid is gong through. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Prayers go out to this kid and his family!
Thoughts and prayers to this young man and his family, may god bless.
Prayers to the family of the raceland qb.

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers go out to him and his family and the entire Raceland family.
Congrats to Pikeville on the win.
that's right Wrote:Prayers go out for Raceland's QB Adam and his family. morgan was a great dad and all around guy! he will be missed by all.

I wish the young man well and a speedy recovery
Very sorry to hear about this, I also wish this young man and his family well in getting through such a tragedy.

Also, congrats Panthers.
This one was wild! Raceland had trouble defending the pass; Pikeville had trouble defending the run. It was just crazy. Gutsy call to go for 2? How about a gutsy call for a HB Pass on 4th and goal. Pikeville's D has been good at bending and not breaking. Great effort tonight and a solid win. Raceland is a quality football team. These two may very well meet again. Austin Black showed out on D tonight for Pikeville. Randy Maynard continues to hook up with Estep deep. Gavin Miller had a solid game with a big grab on Pikeville's first scoring drive in his first action in 2 years. Just very impressed by the Panthers right now. Hazard good? No. But things are moving in the right direction.

Hope everyone from Raceland is able to cope well with such a tragic event. It is kind of surreal that something like that happens and you witness it. Just awful.

Good luck to the Rams on the rest of the season. HAIL PIKEVILLE!!
Our prayers go out to the young QB and his family. He lost his hero tonight.

Congrats on a big win for the Panthers.
Going to be tough for him to even step foot on a football field. Let alone play at his best level. This kid is only a sophomore. I hope he can play again, and dedicate every down to his father! Thoughts and prayers from a former ram family go out to this kid and his family tonight.
Pages: 1 2