Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How's the Cov. Cath/ Highlands matchup look now.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could be a barn burner in the hills.....:rockon:
I've seen both teams in person. I still do not believe that CCH can score against the Birds. Highlands defense is better as well. I don't see this game being anything more than what it has been in recent years. Birds will win convincingly.
Highlands will be very difficult to beat. I'm a Boyle County fan and I saw them play here a couple of weeks ago. Their coaching staff and fans were very nice people. I wouldn't mind seeing them keep winning until the rematch with Boyle in November. Everyone around here is looking forward to that.
Highlands owns Covington Catholic.
I don't think last nights game did anything for the CovCath/that team in Ft Thomas game. Both sides know it will be a hard hitting emotional packed game with playoff hosting on the line. CovCath know Highlands is good and that was shown last night against an uninspiring Dixie team.
Don't fall into the trap of margin of victory to try and predict future outcomes
[quote=Stardust]I've seen both teams in person. I still do not believe that CCH can score against the Birds. Highlands defense is better as well. I don't see this game being anything more than what it has been in recent years. Birds will win convincingly.[/QUOTE]

I agree. A perfect opportunity for Dale to pad a few more stats!!!!
I guess you can argue what the spread would be, but there is no way Covington Catholic beats Highlands this year. Towles I think only ran once or twice last night. The Elder Highlands game should be much more competitive.
rick2517 Wrote:Highlands will be very difficult to beat. I'm a Boyle County fan and I saw them play here a couple of weeks ago. Their coaching staff and fans were very nice people. I wouldn't mind seeing them keep winning until the rematch with Boyle in November. Everyone around here is looking forward to that.

A lot of confidence there that you will meet Highland again in November. Is that in the play-offs or up in Bowling Green? There are a few contenders along the way ( ie Lexington Catholic, Lone Oak, Covington Catholic, Johnson Cent. ) just to name a few. They might make your obstacle difficult. Good luck though.
Bob Seger Wrote:[quote=Stardust]I've seen both teams in person. I still do not believe that CCH can score against the Birds. Highlands defense is better as well. I don't see this game being anything more than what it has been in recent years. Birds will win convincingly.[/QUOTE]

I agree. A perfect opportunity for Dale to pad a few more stats!!!!
Cov Cath will score some points on Highlands. More than a few touchdowns.
nptb17 Wrote:[quote=Bob Seger]
Cov Cath will score some points on Highlands. More than a few touchdowns.

I do not see big passing numbers by Cov Cath against HHS, but I think they will move the ball on the ground some. I still would not be surprised to see CCH to only put up 14-21 max.
sstack Wrote:[quote=nptb17]

I do not see big passing numbers by Cov Cath against HHS, but I think they will move the ball on the ground some. I still would not be surprised to see CCH to only put up 14-21 max.

I've seen both teams. I believe Cov. Cath is much better than Dixie, so maybe the outcome will not be a running clock, but it will be close!
Stardust Wrote:[quote=sstack]

I've seen both teams. I believe Cov. Cath is much better than Dixie, so maybe the outcome will not be a running clock, but it will be close!

It will, or will not be close?
sstack Wrote:[quote=Stardust]

Stardust said it would be close to a running clock meaning Birds roll.......
Highlands beats them 49 or so to 17.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands beats them 49 or so to 17.

I'd love to know your accuracy rate for predicting games.....
Stardust Wrote:[quote=sstack]

sstack Wrote:[quote=Stardust]

Sorry, I forgot to include NOT

It's likely not going to be a running clock, but I do not expect the game to be in question
Im predicting a Highlands win. i think the colonels will hang around and or make it close for at least half the game. that cov cath Oline will provide gabe grey and bir enough room to get it in the endzone at least 2 or 3 times. I think towles will be too much though. he'll get it in there 4 to 6 times.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I'd love to know your accuracy rate for predicting games.....

I don't know, but I think I do okay. I predicted 56-14 against Dixie. I think I said 42-14 against Boyle. I used to love the days before the running clock when 70-80 was feasible and I could say, Highlands may score 80 this week.
Cov. Cath will try and control the bleeding. Their offense will be one quick screen after another sprinkled with the run. I look for this to be a relatively low scoring affair.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I used to love the days before the running clock when 70-80 was feasible and I could say, Highlands may score 80 this week.

You mean like last week or the week before?:biggrin:
If the Highlands Bluebirds do not win this game in completely dominate fashion, leaving no doubts in anyone's minds that they stand alone as the only small school giant, then all of us should strip our fan cards and throw them into the depths of the Ohio river!