Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What if Perry Central and Hazard played this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll start this reply by stating I wish they could play. The Hazard BOE decided after several instances at soccer games, football games, basketball and probably other atheletic events between the two that their was way too much stuff going on outside the game itself. I also believe the distain the two school boards have against each other also plays a significant role. It's a shame and an embarrassment when some people behave the way they do when these schools play against each other. And I'm saying both sides! That, simply put, is why the schools do not play. People who live in the same community can't get together and act like respectable people and let the KIDS play!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote::Thumbs::Clap::Thumbs::Clap::Thumbs::Clap::Thumbs:

You'll never know! Think what you will.
I just really sat down and started thinking about and I really don't believe I could really pick a winner and I don't think anyone can... Perry and Hazard both have some pretty good football players..... So I wanted to see if I could break it down...

This is my breakdown on who I think are better players (matched up by value to their team)

Matt Robinson (Perry) > B.J. Combs (Hazard)

Darryl Beatty (Perry) < Austin Johnson (Hazard)

Jay White (Perry) < Jordan Olinger (Hazard)

Kyle Huff (Perry) > Evan Whitaker (Hazard)

Austin Pray (Perry) < Zach Blanton (Hazard)

Kegan Robinson (Perry) > Brandon Jones (Hazard)

Perry OL = Hazard OL

Perry Kicking < Hazard Kicking

What's really sad tho is all we can do is talk about it... But really the only people really that are missing out are the kids from Hazard and Perry... Just because of the "higher powers" the kids have to miss out on what is my best high school memories...
Aslan Wrote:Is it? Why don't the two play in the regular season then?

I promise you its not because of the true Hazard people... I can promise you that...
Of course ekff is clearly a hazard :moon:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:This series would have eventually went the way of the Apple Bowl. Perry has/had all of the same problems as Johnson Central, and Hazard has all the advantages Paintsville had. It was very good for it to be ended when it was.

And before anybody starts acting stupid. Think back ten years to when paintsville was still winning the apple bowl, No one could have predicted what would happen if central got a good coach. Then came 04 and the beatdowns started. Paintsville had all the tradition, and history in the county. But Johnson central got the kids in the hall on the field. 2005 was the best example, that was a great Paintsville team against a average Matney era JC team. The final score was 50-6. Hazard fans probably think perry county is different but I promise there is no difference. Perry has a good coach and has got the kids buying in. Hazard wouldve regretted keeping the series going.
:Thumbs:
ekff Wrote:I just really sat down and started thinking about and I really don't believe I could really pick a winner and I don't think anyone can... Perry and Hazard both have some pretty good football players..... So I wanted to see if I could break it down...

This is my breakdown on who I think are better players (matched up by value to their team)

Perry OL = Hazard OL

What's really sad tho is all we can do is talk about it... But really the only people really that are missing out are the kids from Hazard and Perry... Just because of the "higher powers" the kids have to miss out on what is my best high school memories...

Can agree with this.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:This series would have eventually went the way of the Apple Bowl. Perry has/had all of the same problems as Johnson Central, and Hazard has all the advantages Paintsville had. It was very good for it to be ended when it was.

And before anybody starts acting stupid. Think back ten years to when paintsville was still winning the apple bowl, No one could have predicted what would happen if central got a good coach. Then came 04 and the beatdowns started. Paintsville had all the tradition, and history in the county. But Johnson central got the kids in the hall on the field. 2005 was the best example, that was a great Paintsville team against a average Matney era JC team. The final score was 50-6. Hazard fans probably think perry county is different but I promise there is no difference. Perry has a good coach and has got the kids buying in. Hazard wouldve regretted keeping the series going.

Hazard's team is every bit as good as PCC's. Who know's what would've happened over time, but we have an excellent coach, excellent facilities and kids who buy into our program. Your argument just doesn't hold water.
Aslan Wrote::Thumbs:

Can agree with this.

I can also agree!
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:Of course ekff is clearly a hazard :moon:

Coached and Played at Hazard but I know what i'm talking about...

I'm not saying its on Perry Central......

Oh yeah I was at the district draw if John Noble or Tim Sizemore would vote to seed this all would be over but thats another story
Seeding should be mandatory for every district.
Quote:I just really sat down and started thinking about and I really don't believe I could really pick a winner and I don't think anyone can... Perry and Hazard both have some pretty good football players..... So I wanted to see if I could break it down...

Perry OL = Hazard OL

yeah but this this is all just your opinion..

Matt Robinson (Perry) >> B.J. Combs (Hazard)

Darryl Beatty (Perry) > Austin Johnson (Hazard)

Jay White (Perry) > Jordan Olinger (Hazard)

Perry OL = Hazard OL

Perry D > Hazard D

i will be fair, Blanton is a beast compared to Pray, besides their are way more skill players then what you mentioned. and everybody knows hazards kicking game is better so thats nothing new. but i think pcc has ya beat all around this year pal.
Quote:Coached and Played at Hazard but I know what i'm talking about...

I'm not saying its on Perry Central......

Oh yeah I was at the district draw if John Noble or Tim Sizemore would vote to seed this all would be over but thats another story

opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

also these exact same groups pretty much played each other in grade school. an we all know what the outcome of that was, that year ended in a championship for perry middle btw. so put two and two together
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:yeah but this this is all just your opinion..

Matt Robinson (Perry) >> B.J. Combs (Hazard)

Darryl Beatty (Perry) > Austin Johnson (Hazard)

Jay White (Perry) > Jordan Olinger (Hazard)

Perry OL = Hazard OL

Perry D > Hazard D

i will be fair, Blanton is a beast compared to Pray, besides their are way more skill players then what you mentioned. and everybody knows hazards kicking game is better so thats nothing new. but i think pcc has ya beat all around this year pal.

Well good I think your wrong.....

I THINK your very wrong on Beatty and White being better then Johnson and Olinger..... Johnson and Olinger are better on Def.
This years Hazard and PCC teams are about the same as last years teams, surely we can agree on this? The two teams played Clay Co. at Clay Co. Can we agree on this? The final score last year was Hazard 41, Clay Co. 20. Pcc 27 Clay Co. 36.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:This years Hazard and PCC teams are about the same as last years teams, surely we can agree on this? The two teams played Clay Co. at Clay Co. Can we agree on this? The final score last year was Hazard 41, Clay Co. 20. Pcc 27 Clay Co. 36.

No we cant last years hazard team was better and this years pcc team is better
Brandon40403 Wrote:No we cant last years hazard team was better and this years pcc team is better

Did you go to Clintwood?

Hazard's defense is better than last year.
yeah one game last years team is still better we will see how good hazards defense is over the next month.......... I hope i am wrong.........last years team would have put up 45 or 50 on that clintwood team
Quote:Well good I think your wrong.....

I THINK your very wrong on Beatty and White being better then Johnson and Olinger..... Johnson and Olinger are better on Def.

lol and I THINK your very wrong as well. just giving my opinion like you did Wink
Can't you reply without being crude?
not when it comes to hazard no
Aslan Wrote:Seeding should be mandatory for every district.

Totally agree with this. Mandatory seeding would eliminate alot of this debate!
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:not when it comes to hazard no

Well, if anyone doesn't understand why they don't play with some of the replies on this thread, you will never understand! And all this is rather tame. Never have understood all the hate and never will!
BlueGold1 Wrote:Well, if anyone doesn't understand why they don't play with some of the replies on this thread, you will never understand! And all this is rather tame. Never have understood all the hate and never will!

Its called competition and rivalry
ekff Wrote:I promise we have a better Kicker!!!!

Better Athletes?????? MAN!!!!
Sometime your opinion makes me wanna hit someone...

Same for your opinion to bro.......

PCC would win by 3 or 4 TDs.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Same for your opinion to bro.......

PCC would win by 3 or 4 TDs.

Yeah since you know sooo much...
No Brandon, competition and rivalry is a good thing. Their is nothing good about what happens at some of these games. When you're afraid to take your child to a game they want to see, because you're afraid a riot might break out, their's nothing good about it. When the adults and young people in this community begin to act with some restraint, we may see these two proud schools compete again. If not, they will never play unless it's in the tournaments. This means they will never play again in football because of the class system in KY. It's up to US folks!
ekff Wrote:Yeah since you know sooo much...

And you do.........
BlueGold1 Wrote:Well, I was wondering how long it would take before this thread was started.

Folks, PCC is having a great start to the season, but keep everything in perspective there's alot of football to be played yet. It's pretty pathetic when the biggest win in school history occurs in the 2nd regular season game. Win a playoff game and then we'll discuss who has the better program. Hazard folks heard this same ole stuff last year when PCC started out 7-0. How did that work out for you guys? If PCC fans could only understand that the regular season means very little other than for playoff seeding.

For the record, Hazard's record against PCC/MC Napier is about 30-10 and there were alot of years in the past these schools didn't play. This stuff about Hazard's scared to play is so childish. We beat PCC the last 4 years we played with really only 1 close game, I believe. We all know how that one turned out don't we!

My advice to PCC fans is to enjoy the season. Your team is off to a great start and just maybe they can finish strong for a change. Good luck the rest of the season!

Actually the record is 38-10. 28-6 against MC Napier and 10-4 against PCC.
BlueGold1 Wrote:No Brandon, competition and rivalry is a good thing. Their is nothing good about what happens at some of these games. When you're afraid to take your child to a game they want to see, because you're afraid a riot might break out, their's nothing good about it. When the adults and young people in this community begin to act with some restraint, we may see these two proud schools compete again. If not, they will never play unless it's in the tournaments. This means they will never play again in football because of the class system in KY. It's up to US folks!

Ill agree with that the fans get nothing out of it but a moral victory anyways they shouldnt be fighting that should be left up to the players and the coaches lol Confusednicker:
It would be a great game to see with all that talent on that field. If these two teams played 10 times theie records would break even or go 6-4/4-6 against each other. Last year Hazrad woulda won. This year PCCs team could prolly beat them.
Pages: 1 2