Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryle (2-0) at Cincinnati Colerain (1-0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ryle (2-0) at Colerain (1-0)

WHEN/WHERE: 7:30 p.m. Friday at Colerain

WHAT TO WATCH: The Cardinals were stout on defense, limiting a team coach Tom Bolden called the fastest his Cards had seen to 96 rushing yards in a 17-7 win over nationally-ranked Cocoa (Fla.). Junior quarterback Alfred Ramsby rushed 17 times for 63 yards and junior fullback Jackson Sorn scored both Cardinals touchdowns while running for 72 yards on 14 carries. Ryle senior running back Travis Elliott is a bruising kind of running back that fuels the Raiders offense. Elliott, a Western Kentucky commit, rumbled 21 times for 164 yards and four touchdowns last week in a 43-8 win over Lexington Tates Creek and is likely to play some at quarterback this week.

BOTTOM LINE: The Raiders have not seen a defense like Colerain. The Cardinals win this one.
I hope Ryle eats their wheaties this week, they are gonna need em.

Ryle 14
Colerain 49
^ Gonna need something in those Wheaties....
I watched Colerain on ESPN other day. The Cards are the real deal on D. They havent lost a home game still Bill Clinton was the president. I hope Ryle ends the 63 game win streak.

Colerain-56
Ryle-7
Stardust Wrote:^ Gonna need something in those Wheaties....

Your right. I'm gonna change my prediction.

Ryle 0
Colerain 56

....And it's not that Ryle is bad, because they definitely aren't, it's just Colerain is that good.
Colerain wins this one easily. Their defense is swarming and they have plenty of playmakers on offense. I really liked what I saw from the QB and the fullback #12.
They also have quite a few D1 players, I remember hearing of one their linebackers has commited to Michigan.
I believe Ryle will come off that bus ready to play a football game. They know they're the underdogs in this one, but even the heavy favorite falls down sometimes. Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson, Appalachain State beating Michigan. If these kids believe, then they can do it.

However, I dont believe, therefore;

Colerain- Whatever they want
Ryle- 0
^ You had me......
Colerain 31-7.
Another embarrassment for Ky. football.
good for Ryle in scheduling games like this. Yes there is little hope but if you want to make a run later in the year you have to play quality opponents
^ I like this better than scheduling HHS twice in the same year.
Stardust Wrote:^ I like this better than scheduling HHS twice in the same year.

I agree 100%, Although HHS is a great team, playing them twice in one year when you can play another nationally ranked team is great for the program and will help them in the long run. I do know that there was several KY schools that are considered to be good programs that would not schedule Ryle. I am glad they stepped up and scheduled Colerain. I can for sure say that no one in their district will have the speed and athleticism that Colerain has
Another thing looking at their whole schedule you could say beside Trinty that they have one of the tougher schedules in the state especially in their class
Colerain by a nice margin.
Stardust Wrote:^ I like this better than scheduling HHS twice in the same year.
true but some schools will not schedule Highlands even if they both have the dates (cough, cough sk)
nky Wrote:true but some schools will not schedule Highlands even if they both have the dates (cough, cough sk)

Shhhh, you just may resurrect the Neerfan!:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
hardcore1 Wrote:I agree 100%, Although HHS is a great team, playing them twice in one year when you can play another nationally ranked team is great for the program and will help them in the long run. I do know that there was several KY schools that are considered to be good programs that would not schedule Ryle. I am glad they stepped up and scheduled Colerain. I can for sure say that no one in their district will have the speed and athleticism that Colerain has

It takes guts to schedule a Cincy powerhouse and I like seeing this. HHS historically had a big-time Cincy team. It tells you a lot about your team, but the bottom-line is that you know after you play a Colerain, Elder, St. X - you won't play another team tougher in the playoffs.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Shhhh, you just may resurrect the Neerfan!:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

I miss him:HitWall:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Another embarrassment for Ky. football.

it would be an embarrassment for any body but trnity colerain would be highland towles wouldnt have a chane to move aganist colerain d
rebel 4 life Wrote:it would be an embarrassment for any body but trnity colerain would be highland towles wouldnt have a chane to move aganist colerain d

I agree.
Ryle may be playing Colerain at the right time. Colerain had a tough game agains Cocoa last week on SUNDAY. Then the short week for a Friday night to play Ryle and then next week they play Cincinnati St. X. They may play it very 'plain vanilla' against Ryle so as to not show anything to Xavier.

That being said:

Colerain wins 35 - 0
he way Bryson Warner sees things, if his Ryle football program is going to compete for and win and a Kentucky state championship, games like Friday’s 7:30 p.m. matchup at Colerain are invaluable.

“You only get so many chances to improve,” Warner said, “so when you challenge yourself against a team like Colerain it really shows what kind of football team you have.”
The Raiders (2-0) will travel north across the Ohio River to face a Colerain team coming off a win on national TV in its season opener and carrying a 60-game winning streak on its home turf. Colerain is ranked No. 1 in the Enquirer Ohio Division I area coaches’ poll.

Ryle, a Class 6A state semifinalist last season, is No..3 in the Enquirer Northern Kentucky coaches’ poll after outscoring Cooper and Lexington Tates Creek 84-25 in its two games this year. The Raiders, a Class 6A state semifinalist last season, limited Tates Creek to 161 yards of total offense in a 43-8 victory last Saturday.

Going up against Colerain’s triple-option offense should be a more significant challenge. rise in the challenge level, however.

“We haven’t faced a team that’s as big and powerful as this group of guys,” Warner said. “It’s a little bit of uncharted water for us, but from what we’ve seen we’re going to have to put a lot of pressure on their run game and force them to throw the ball. They don’t normally do that, but they can do it well and they’ve got some great weapons.”

Colerain hasn’t lost at home on its home turf since its final regular-season game of 1999. The Cardinals extended their streak to 60 straight games with a 17-7 win against defending Florida 2A state champion Cocoa last Sunday.

That makes for a short turnaround week for Colerain in its preparations to face Ryle.

Colerain junior Jackson Sorn rushed for two touchdowns and 72 yards on 14 carries against Cocoa. Quarterback Alfred Ramsby added 63 yards on 17 carries.

More important, Colerain owned a 2-0 advantage in turnovers. The Cardinals have proven difficult to beat when they don’t turn over the ball.

Colerain held Cocoa to 201 total yards, 85 of which came on one pass play that accounted for the visitors’ only score of the game.

Ryle senior running back Travis Elliott is sure to get attention from the Cardinals’ defense. He rushed came into the season needing 2,259 yards to surpass Shaun Alexander’s Northern Kentucky high school record of 6,662 career rushing yards and has knocked 337 yards off of that so far, rushing for 173 yards against Cooper and 164 yards against Tates Creek.

“He’s a tremendous player,” Colerain coach Tom Bolden said. “He’s their main weapon but he’s not all they’ve got. They’re going to be disciplined and in their spots so this is going to be a challenge for us.”

Elliott has scored nine touchdowns this season – seven on the ground, one on a reception and one on a kick return.

Warner said quarterback Nathan Davis, injured in the opener against Cooper, is fine and will play.