Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson or slone right now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ethan Johnson from sf or Landon Slone from phs who is better ........i think johnson is the better all around by far.....so what do you think
Is Ethan for sure even the best player on South Floyd's team? I thought Ryan Johnson was their best player....

Landon is all around better by the way imo...What does Ethan do other than shoot 3 pointers? Landon shoots the three, penetrates to the basket, and is just an all around better play imo, but Ethan is a good player, mainly just a 3 point threat though..
Im not sure either of them are their teams best player
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Im not sure either of them are their teams best player
Yea they are the best players on there team....
imo ethan's the best player on the raiders team...slone hes a excellent player but i think ethan is a better player then slone thats just my opinion
It's hard to pick the best player on SF's team because if you take one of them out then they dont play as well. Vanhoose IMO is the best player on Paintsville's team. But out of the two I think Johnson is the better player.
even though johnson is a good player i would take slone if i had to chose anyone who can score 51 points as a freshman deserves my vote
i would go with ethan because he just seems quicker than landon
:Trumpet: :Guitar01: :coach: Big Grinrums02: :headphone

:dance: :bounce: :bounce: :rock: :rock: :dance:
1st of all alfus landon cannot shoot the three not at all and johnson also has a mid range jump shot......just ask the tigers how he beat them....and if u wanna no it was about a 16 ft jumper.....and slone MISSED the game winning shot
"WILDMAN#14" Wrote:1st of all alfus landon cannot shoot the three not at all and johnson also has a mid range jump shot......just ask the tigers how he beat them....and if u wanna no it was about a 16 ft jumper.....and slone MISSED the game winning shot

As of Februrary 1st, Landon was 38/105 on three-point shots which is just over 36% so to say he can't shoot the 3 at all is just a lack of knowledge on the subject all around...Slone is shooting almost 50% from the field and showed what he could do by scoring 51 on eventual Region Champions Shelby Valley last season...As a freshman...

People miss shots all the time, especially with that kind of pressure on them, so that is a 100% non-factor in this question...
yea but how many shots 150...no matter what the stats say if it comes down to phs needing 3 points dont think the LEGEND caoch will give it to landon
"WILDMAN#14" Wrote:yea but how many shots 150...no matter what the stats say if it comes down to phs needing 3 points dont think the LEGEND caoch will give it to landon

What in the world are you talking about?
johnson
Slone...
u no what im talkin about ...... when he scored 51 points how many shots did he take 150......and then i said no matter what the stats say if the tigers r down three points who is gonna take the shot i dont think the legend coach bill mike is goin to give it to landon coach hall would make sure johnson took the shot
I think Slone is an all around better player
Landon..... by far
I'm gonna answer this with a question!!! Then maybe all these stupid threads that pop up, will let everyone know how shallow the thread starter is!

If EVERYONE in the region doesn't think that Landon Slone is at least one of the best in the region, then why do they want to compare EVERYONE with Slone??
"The Guru" Wrote:I'm gonna answer this with a question!!! Then maybe all these stupid threads that pop up, will let everyone know how shallow the thread starter is!

If EVERYONE in the region doesn't think that Landon Slone is at least one of the best in the region, then why do they want to compare EVERYONE with Slone??
landon ssets the bar. thanks guru you put it in perspective. give it a rest landons the best. i couldent help it i just had to put that last bit in.:dance:
I'll take Slone.
best player on the team is ryan little b/c without them they have no inside game at all.. but to get back on subject i think that eathan is.
This is crazy. There is no question. Slone is hands down better than Johnson ever thought of being. He is a sophmore and is much more under control and by far a more heady player than Johnson. Slone is the kind of player that when he has the ball everyone on his team is better and when Johnson has it he only makes Johnson a better player.
Johnson looks to pass alot also. He does make his team better. When his teams on a slump, it seems like Johnson is always there to hit a few 3's and get them back on track. Like in the AC game, SF was down like 13 I think in the 2nd quarter and Johnson hit 5 3's straight to bring his team back into strikeing range. I'm just proveing that Johnson does make his team better. I'd take Slone as well.
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:This is crazy. There is no question. Slone is hands down better than Johnson ever thought of being. He is a sophmore and is much more under control and by far a more heady player than Johnson. Slone is the kind of player that when he has the ball everyone on his team is better and when Johnson has it he only makes Johnson a better player.

Good point...I coulnd't agree more!
IMO I think neither one of these players are the best on their respective teams. SF best player is Ryan Little because with out him they can't rebound and I also think Shane Grimm is the best asset to Paintsville...He's an excellent free throw, can shoot the 3, and he rebounds very well too. So before you put Johnson or Slone you should know who the team's best players are. Plus, Brad Lowe and Jamie McCarty are THE best players in the region
ethan johnson u say that ehan shut slone down in the second half in the all "a' landon only had 12 points ethan had 20 points and they was matched up on each other
Well this is an obvious, it's Landon Slone he is an all around player and is just a sophmore! Ethan Johnson is no where to be comparred to landon slone! Only reason this thread was started is b/c Ethan hit 10 three pointers thats the only thing he shoots!
Look At Owen, He's Killing Me.
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Well this is an obvious, it's Landon Slone he is an all around player and is just a sophmore! Ethan Johnson is no where to be comparred to landon slone! Only reason this thread was started is b/c Ethan hit 10 three pointers thats the only thing he shoots!

I have watched Ethan Johnson play for several years now and I don't believe that anyone who knows anything about basketball would even come close to saying that Ethan was not a good player. If I know anything at all I know that you do not leave Ethan open from beyond the arc because that white boy will light you up! Ethan is a deadly force when he is in his zone....because when he's there...there is no stopping him -- he'll put every shot in your eye no matter how good you think you are. He'll hit those -- whether inside the arc or outside -- even with the best player that you have standing in his face.

I believe that Ethan would be an asset to any college team that will take a chance on him. He's a good all around player and he deserves the respect that no one seems to want to give him.....not even his own teammates.

I'm not saying that Landon is not a good player...but I'd take Ethan any day of the week...hot head and all because I know that in the clutch situation....Ethan is going to keep his head and give the quality that I need at that moment.

Nice job Ethan on the 3 pointers! You go young man!
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Well this is an obvious, it's Landon Slone he is an all around player and is just a sophmore! Ethan Johnson is no where to be comparred to landon slone! Only reason this thread was started is b/c Ethan hit 10 three pointers thats the only thing he shoots!
the reason ethan only shot 3's is b/c he had a high ankle sprang he couldnt take it to the hoop... i wish everyone would get over it they both are very good players and these threads are getting stupid.... i mean we all kno that they are both talented whats the point in comparing them?
Pages: 1 2 3