Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NKY 6A... down or what?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With two highly rated teams in the preseason having less than flattering losses in Dixie and SK, and Campbell Co. Being 0-2 after a close loss to Milford, what is there to expect? Is Ryle the outright favorite now, are they as good as years past? And what's going on over at Boone County? Are they for real, are they a threat to Ryle or will they just fade away? What is your input on how things will pan out after being 2 weeks into this season?
Id say atm:
1. Ryle
1 1/2. Boone
3. Dixie
4. Sk
5. CC

I think Dixie will have more ability to bounce back despite the rough start, and it's only going to get harder.
Id have to say Sk is better than Dixie but we can't know until they play. But who's running the ball for Boone?
Bteasn Wrote:Id say atm:
1. Ryle
1 1/2. Boone
3. Dixie
4. Sk
5. CC

I think Dixie will have more ability to bounce back despite the rough start, and it's only going to get harder.

I'd be more inclined to go

1. Ryle

5. Boone
6. Dixie, CCHS, SK
^ I agree with your rankings SD.
^ It truly is a down year for 6A in NKY. Ryle is head and shoulders above the rest, but Ryle at the state level is probably to one dimensional to be considered great. I haven't seen them, so I will hold judgement. But I predict that Ryle will win by running clock in 3-4 6A games.
Kentonontop Wrote:Id have to say Sk is better than Dixie but we can't know until they play. But who's running the ball for Boone?

Rushing For Boone:
Bryson Thompson, 18 att 166 Yds 9.2 Yards per carry 2 Tds.
Drew Stuck, 31 att, 138 yds, 4.5 yards per carry, 1 TD

Thompson is the tackle breaker that pushes a pile while stuck is the fast one.
^ What grade is Thompson?
He's a senior i believe.
Ryle will be tough to beat this year.
Iloveyou Wrote:Rushing For Boone:
Bryson Thompson, 18 att 166 Yds 9.2 Yards per carry 2 Tds.
Drew Stuck, 31 att, 138 yds, 4.5 yards per carry, 1 TD

Thompson is the tackle breaker that pushes a pile while stuck is the fast one.

I'm no genius but Give Thompson the ball more?
Football1 Wrote:Ryle will be tough to beat this year.

Is Ryle AS good as last year?
^ I can't believe a team without Conner Hempel at QB is better
Bteasn Wrote:Id say atm:
1. Ryle
1 1/2. Boone
3. Dixie
4. Sk
5. CC

:Thumbs:I'd be comfortable with Ryle at 1 and either Dixie or Boone at 2. I think that Ryle and Dixie might be more of the "one man gang" type of team while Boone could actually more balanced for a change. Overall, I could easily rubber-stamp your picks, as well as the idea of Dixie bouncing back. They always seem to have to play themselves into shape, and this year they loaded the front of the schedule with tough opponents. SK and Campbell might have a rough go of it.
Kentonontop Wrote:I'm no genius but Give Thompson the ball more?

I'm not trying to be the spreader of gossip, but somewhere down the way someone said they didn't want to because of the pressure of being the coaches kid and getting the ball too much or something, but don't take my word on that one.

Heck that's a nice average per carry so id say give it to em.
I think NKY 6A is alittle down from previous seasons, but I don't think it's really that bad. Ryle and Boone County are both 2-0 against some pretty solid competition. SK beat a weak Casey County team, and got shutout by one of the favorites in Class A, Beechwood. Dixie is 0-2, but they lost to 2A favorite NCC and a pretty good CovCath team. The only team that's really in alot of trouble is Campbell County. Again, 6A vis down, but I don't think it's as bad as most people think and I still think an NKY 6A team will represent NKY in the State finals.
toussaints Wrote:I think NKY 6A is alittle down from previous seasons, but I don't think it's really that bad. Ryle and Boone County are both 2-0 against some pretty solid competition. SK beat a weak Casey County team, and got shutout by one of the favorites in Class A, Beechwood. Dixie is 0-2, but they lost to 2A favorite NCC and a pretty good CovCath team. The only team that's really in alot of trouble is Campbell County. Again, 6A vis down, but I don't think it's as bad as most people think and I still think an NKY 6A team will represent NKY in the State finals.
Ryle and Boone County have played no one period. Ryle will be there in the end and Boone County is not ever going to be the Boone County most of remember for a while. Simon kenton is terrible and is going to get lit up against Ryle and Dixie.
What two teams did Boone County beat and what were the scores of the games?
Ryle is in for a butt whipping against Colerain.
Iloveyou Wrote:I'm not trying to be the spreader of gossip, but somewhere down the way someone said they didn't want to because of the pressure of being the coaches kid and getting the ball too much or something, but don't take my word on that one.

Heck that's a nice average per carry so id say give it to em.

I believe that because there was a big stink about him being the QB last year. Apparently he has some talent as a runner, and Boone County has employed a running back or two between the Air Coryell excesses, so I say fire him up.:biggrin:
nkyfootball81 Wrote:What two teams did Boone County beat and what were the scores of the games?
Southwestern :please: 28-6 and Conner 19-7. Who is Southwestern? I seem to remember a Pulaski Southwestern. Is that the same team?
Can you dig it? Wrote:Southwestern :please: 28-6 and Conner 19-7. Who is Southwestern? I seem to remember a Pulaski Southwestern. Is that the same team?

Yes it is.:lame: And Conner isn't much better if any.
hop24 Wrote:Yes it is.:lame: And Conner isn't much better if any.

How are you going to say Southwestern isn't anything! They have a recruit going to UK on the O/D line, This past week they lost again but scored 50 something points while still turning the ball over 6 to 7 times. Boone held them to 6. Boone's defense has to be doing something right. Over all a total of 13 points scored on Boone to this point.
Northern KY 6A is more similar to Lexington 6A that it has been in a long time. Dixie was picked or ranked #2 in 6A this year and will not get a win until they play a 6A team. Ryle I think is way out in front, but it is way to one dimensional this year. Hempel didn't throw a ton, but he was always a threat to throw and you had to respect that. Not so this year.
All the NKY 6A teams are terrible this year including Ryle. None of them will have a significant win. They'll only beat each other. Ryle will get destroyed at Colerain and make NKY look bad. SK was a 1yr flash in the pan. Dixie is always the most out of shape team in the state. Campbell Co has never been good. Boone Co hasn't been competitive against good competition for almost 20 years.
^ I wouldn't say that Ryle is no good, that's being a little too harsh. But I can agree with the rest of the schools, including my own CCHS
Wideleft01 Wrote:All the NKY 6A teams are terrible this year including Ryle. None of them will have a significant win. They'll only beat each other. Ryle will get destroyed at Colerain and make NKY look bad. SK was a 1yr flash in the pan. Dixie is always the most out of shape team in the state. Campbell Co has never been good. Boone Co hasn't been competitive against good competition for almost 20 years.

First off, Sk was not a one year flash, they had a solid 5 years From Simpson to the graduation of Chad Lawrence. Ryle will probably be killed by Colerain but could beat 7/8 of the teams in the state on any given night as long as Elliot is in the backfield, And the claim on Boone is Outrageous. Let it be known in those twenty years they had players like Shaun Alexander, Quoran Meeks, Cory Farris, Mercuer Duecette, & Charles Quanoo. They had multiple appearances in the quarter finals/Semi finals with 1 or 2 State Championship Appearances. Also During that time they played elder close and Beat them at least once.