Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central 21 - West Jessamine 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Lexington Catholic in the Republic Bank Bluegrass Bowl
Congrats Knox Central.

How did they look throwing the ball?
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Knox Central.

How did they look throwing the ball?
looked good at times and average at others.qb throws well but i didnt think they threw much.canady was a one man show the last quarter.,even though he is a high rated receiver,they used him exclusively in the run game.the defense scared me at times letting the taiback and qb get lots of yards after contact,"although those guys may be better than i heard".perry central will be a test next week,as they beat a johnson cent team with a stud running back.imo we will have to throw more and drop the guys at moment of contact.as far as the offense kc ran great with the 'I' back and full back leads but not so well at single back.no 33 really got it going the 2nd half.good luck ext week.
My congrats to KC.
big blu 2 u Wrote:looked good at times and average at others.qb throws well but i didnt think they threw much.canady was a one man show the last quarter.,even though he is a high rated receiver,they used him exclusively in the run game.the defense scared me at times letting the taiback and qb get lots of yards after contact,"although those guys may be better than i heard".perry central will be a test next week,as they beat a johnson cent team with a stud running back.imo we will have to throw more and drop the guys at moment of contact.as far as the offense kc ran great with the 'I' back and full back leads but not so well at single back.no 33 really got it going the 2nd half.good luck ext week.

My old daddy always told me to "put the load on the mule that will carry it best". Canady was the difference maker on this night with several tackles and when the chips were down and West Jess. had the momentum, his secure hands carried the ball and he got first downs. I couldn't believe that kid went in for the score with Knox Central up by one point, and the ball, on second down and thirty seconds left in the game. If by some freak chance West Jess. had scored and went for two and made it in those last thirty seconds....tie ball game. All they had to do was run down the clock thirty seconds. It was a close game that I think KC should have won by more. I'm glad for KC that they won.
KNOX played the 1st half from the Bus--but a win is a win and 2-0 is better than 0-2---tough game against another 5A team next week Perry Central. Bell-Harlan-Knox all go to Lexington this weekend and come back to the Mountains 3-0 Nice job SEKC=============:ChairHit:
Knox had better start spreading the ball around alittle more, competition is about to get alot tougher next few weeks.......
Congrats Knox, can't wait for next weeks game!
The kid from Knox Central is one of the top players in the state.
We played well enough to win and that was it... It was good to see them battle when it got tight.
Kinda surprised with how close the outcome of this one was but, a win is a win and I'm sure that Knox will contine to improve over the season! Next week should be interesting! Be nice to see this as the WYMT Game of the Week! I know Rock said that they're going to do those again this season!

Congrats Panthers!!
Congrats KC
This does tell you how good Somerset's offense is this year. The defense at WJ is not terrible. We continued to help them by dribbling the snap on a bunch of key plays. But Somerset is a team to watch this year.
Football1 Wrote:This does tell you how good Somerset's offense is this year. The defense at WJ is not terrible. We continued to help them by dribbling the snap on a bunch of key plays. But Somerset is a team to watch this year.

Yes sir, Somerset is in mid-season form and it's going to be hard for anyone to beat them!
WJ played very well. They lost some key starters after last season and expectations seem low. Maybe they should be raised. This is a team with potential to be much better than expected.