Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co. @ Rockcastle Co. 9/2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
who will win
Rockcastle County's first home game of the season. Clark Rowe being honored in some way, I'm sure. AND the Rockets looking very sharp so far with a renewed confidence.

I take Rockcastle County to win.
Rc 28-14
Rock 42-7
Rock wins by 17 vs Whitley
Rockcastle-47
Whitley-12
Rock 58
Whitley 6
Rock - 49
Whitley - a whole lot less
Rockcastle-44
Whitley-16
Rockcastle will win this one handily. I look for Whitley to have a better showing than they did against Russell this week. Whitley will get better each week but they will not be on Rockcastle's level next week as Rock has been looking good so far this year.
As always, I'm the cautious one on here for Rockcastle. What I'm hearing was that Whitley lost the other night after drives to near the goal line and then losing the ball on downs or turnovers. The point being, they were driving against a very good Russell County team. I'm not as optimistic as you all are and just hope for the win, plain and simple. I think it will be more of a dog fight than you think. I'm going to call it a dead heat and retain my respect for Whitley. After all, I have been to the past three beatings that they have put on Rockcastle in the last three years. Three years ago was close till the last 6 minutes at Whitley. Two years ago was a blowout at Mt. Vernon. Last year was close with Whitley on the good end of a lot of questionable calls by some less than professional Middlesboro referees. I'll believe the huge scoring margin you all are posting on here when the horn blows and one presents itself. The kids I talk to will also not be overlooking Whitley County or I may have to apply the size 14EE to their backsides. Here's to a good game.
Rock gets another easy win. Whitley isnt like they used to be and Rock for this year is.
Rockcastle County - 34

Whitley County - 13

Unregistered

papagrit Wrote:As always, I'm the cautious one on here for Rockcastle. What I'm hearing was that Whitley lost the other night after drives to near the goal line and then losing the ball on downs or turnovers. The point being, they were driving against a very good Russell County team. I'm not as optimistic as you all are and just hope for the win, plain and simple. I think it will be more of a dog fight than you think. I'm going to call it a dead heat and retain my respect for Whitley. After all, I have been to the past three beatings that they have put on Rockcastle in the last three years. Three years ago was close till the last 6 minutes at Whitley. Two years ago was a blowout at Mt. Vernon. Last year was close with Whitley on the good end of a lot of questionable calls by some less than professional Middlesboro referees. I'll believe the huge scoring margin you all are posting on here when the horn blows and one presents itself. The kids I talk to will also not be overlooking Whitley County or I may have to apply the size 14EE to their backsides. Here's to a good game.
]
You are very true. I was at the Whitley-Russell game, cheering for Russell. Whitley was playing their FIRST game of the season and Russell was playing their second. My point is Whitley made a lot of correctable errors at critical times that only occurred because it was their first game. Also Whitle was not in "game shape" and will be a lot better week 2. They were also embarassed week 1 and will be ready to prove themselves. BEWARE of these young men, they were better than the score showed them to be!
Unregistered Wrote:]
You are very true. I was at the Whitley-Russell game, cheering for Russell. Whitley was playing their FIRST game of the season and Russell was playing their second. My point is Whitley made a lot of correctable errors at critical times that only occurred because it was their first game. Also Whitle was not in "game shape" and will be a lot better week 2. They were also embarassed week 1 and will be ready to prove themselves. BEWARE of these young men, they were better than the score showed them to be!

Good Post. I reccomend you starting up an account. You seem to have very good insight and its always great here to have new members.
I couldnt agree more. I didnt go to the game but i did listen and i also talked to a few that went to the game.
Whitley's offense will get tons better throughout the year. Bryant is a hoss and from what i understand he flat out punished Russell Co. defenders all night, but that cant be our only option. Our QB is a sophomore and his back up is a freshman. Im not sure anyone will be able to tell a difference in our team this year and next year but we will be a lot better next year with all of the same players returning.
The defense is what scares me. Were just soooo young and inexperienced. An experienced team, like the Whitley teams over the last 3 or 4 years wouldnt have let Britt run it down there throat on there first possession. They would have regrouped and figured out what needed to be done.
And not knocking on Russell as they have a great team and will compete with knox and rock for that district this year, but other than Lynn Camp and maybe Letcher or Clay, Russell is the easiest team Whitley will play this year and i believe thats what makes it look as bad as it does. We still have Bell, Rock, Harlan Co. Perry Central(who is much improved) Somerset and Boyle Co so the schedule definitely isnt going to get any easier, but it could better prepare us for the playoffs as were a sure in with a 4 team district.
From the ones ive talked to Russell Counties O-Line was filled with some monsters, and easily held whipped up on our d-line. Two of our defensive starters who might have been our two best defensive players simply didnt play this year and like our starting RB, quit the team. The boys were twins and i think everyone had high expectations for them two young men to carry this defense this year and them not playing killed us. There also both great wrestlers and from what ive read in the paper one moved to Oklahoma and one just didnt play which is surprising and odd at the same time. Not sure why one would mmove and the other one wouldnt, but these are kids lives so ill hold them to a higher standard anyways because i know nothing of the situation and dont want to act like i do or comment on it.
Honestly, this is a year where i know very little about this team except for a few players. Im not one to act like i know something when i dont, and this year im sure there are many people involved in the program that could better talk about the situations going on there. Im a Whitley fan threw and threw and always will be. My love for that school and program goes beyond words and i will always defend them in every way possible.
There are a lot of good people doing good things with that school, not only athletics wise, but educational wise as well. We are strides above where we use to be academically than what we use to be and im more proud of that than any sports honors we will ever get. It's really leaps and bounds above what it was when i attended back in the late 90's and early 00's.
I'm not going to get down on these young players with a schedule like this and a team thats use to playing middle school football. In a couple of years, with everyone sticking together, Whitley IMO will be in a situation like they was in 08 or like Harlan Co. is now with nobody like Highlands standing in the way of a state championship game.
Dont hang ya head fellas. Time will get us better. Trust me, it worked for use when we were in a school, only we didnt have the support road that you all have now. We were dead ducks in low water against Lex Schools, and now its fair to where a smaller school with mediocre numbers has a chance.

Unregistered

Thanks Mr. Gut. I appreciate the complement but I will leave the majority of the posts to you people that I enjoy to read and who know the subject. I just enjoy the kids and their talents. I will scold you Whitley fans a little in that your expectations were a little too high and you overlooked Russell to some extent. I'm sure the kids read the posts of the whitley fans and to some extent might have believed what your fans were posting. On the other hand, we(the Russell fans) were very concerned about your team and were very diligent in their preparation. Russell has a nice team with an excellent running back. His presence elevates us to a very good team that will suprise a lot of teams, as we surprised Whitley. But now I dont see the' gloom and doom ' that is coming from the Whitley fans. Once again I say BEWARE ROCK because had these young men of Whitley Co. not encountered the kind of running back Mr. Britt is in their first game than the results would definitely BEEN DIFFERENT! Whitley Co. is going to have a nice or very nice season. DONT ABANDON SHIP WHITLEY FANS!
Rockcastle 42-14.
Rock 42
Whitley 14

Clark Rowe will run wild. Whitley is young, but they are gonna improve every week.
Unregistered Wrote:Thanks Mr. Gut. I appreciate the complement but I will leave the majority of the posts to you people that I enjoy to read and who know the subject. I just enjoy the kids and their talents. I will scold you Whitley fans a little in that your expectations were a little too high and you overlooked Russell to some extent. I'm sure the kids read the posts of the whitley fans and to some extent might have believed what your fans were posting. On the other hand, we(the Russell fans) were very concerned about your team and were very diligent in their preparation. Russell has a nice team with an excellent running back. His presence elevates us to a very good team that will suprise a lot of teams, as we surprised Whitley. But now I dont see the' gloom and doom ' that is coming from the Whitley fans. Once again I say BEWARE ROCK because had these young men of Whitley Co. not encountered the kind of running back Mr. Britt is in their first game than the results would definitely BEEN DIFFERENT! Whitley Co. is going to have a nice or very nice season. DONT ABANDON SHIP WHITLEY FANS!

I agree 100%. I think that you are discounting Whitley because your overlooking how good RCHS actually is. Britt has proven him self for the past couple of season. Look at RCHS & Britt's stats last year against Somerset, ACS (twice), Pulaski Co, Franklin Simpson, etc. he was average well over 200 yards in offense most coming from rushing. He ran all over Somerset when most teams couldn't even score against them. To hold Russell Co to 30 points is pretty good, especially for Whitley's first game. Look at what Russell did to Marion and then look at the spanking Marion put on Clay Co this week. There's really just not much Whitley could do to contain Britt, you can't coach speed, and most of his TD runs he went in untouched by making it to the corner or by cutting in on his way the corner. As for Russell Co's O-line, I've yet to see any monsters out there, but they did do I fine job run blocking.

IMO I think Whitley will play Rock much closer than most of you expect, but they need to be a bit less one-dimensional on offense. I give Rock the slight advantage:

Whitley Co 21
Rockcastle Co 27
laker20 Wrote:I agree 100%. I think that you are discounting Whitley because your overlooking how good RCHS actually is. Britt has proven him self for the past couple of season. Look at RCHS & Britt's stats last year against Somerset, ACS (twice), Pulaski Co, Franklin Simpson, etc. he was average well over 200 yards in offense most coming from rushing. He ran all over Somerset when most teams couldn't even score against them. To hold Russell Co to 30 points is pretty good, especially for Whitley's first game. Look at what Russell did to Marion and then look at the spanking Marion put on Clay Co this week. There's really just not much Whitley could do to contain Britt, you can't coach speed, and most of his TD runs he went in untouched by making it to the corner or by cutting in on his way the corner. As for Russell Co's O-line, I've yet to see any monsters out there, but they did do I fine job run blocking.

IMO I think Whitley will play Rock much closer than most of you expect, but they need to be a bit less one-dimensional on offense. I give Rock the slight advantage:

Whitley Co 21
Rockcastle Co 27

Yea i didnt mean size wise. The person i talked to said they looked like they were monsters because they were blocking whitley so easily.
As good as Britt is, how does he compare to Rowe.
Ive had the pleasure of watching Rowe over the past few seasons and hes a terrific athlete. As i said, i didnt go to the russell game but with britt running over us like he did, im scared to think what rowe will do to us.
We've had rocks number for the past few years but i think thats about to change.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As good as Britt is, how does he compare to Rowe.
Ive had the pleasure of watching Rowe over the past few seasons and hes a terrific athlete. As i said, i didnt go to the russell game but with britt running over us like he did, im scared to think what rowe will do to us.
We've had rocks number for the past few years but i think thats about to change.

I've never seen how Rowe runs (speed, power, both). Britt is a pure speed back that can cut through a hole and break an ankle or two on the way. He's not a power runner at all, but has really good natural vision. If Rowe is this type of runner then he will give Whitley trouble. However, I don't think Whitley will give up inside runs as easily. They looked strong in the middle, just didn't have the speed to cover the edges. We didn't really test there pass coverage, so I'm not sure how they will perform there.

I just think Whitley did more right than wrong in the game the other night, they just didn't put points on the board. It was like Whitley came in prepared for hard nosed run it up the gut Mountain football, and that's not what the Lakers do. I think a lot of people aren't familiar with the teams in South Central KY due to the lack of news coverage, and with this years realignment we'll have to wait a few weeks to see what a "bad" loss or a "good" win really is. At this point no one really knows how Russell Co stacks up against Rockcastle, Knox, etc. I for one, think that we will fair quite well, and I don't think that our beating Whitley means that they are down.....maybe as the season plays out I'll change my mind.
Whitley 24
Rock 28
Rock-35
wc- 7
How will they honor Clark this Friday and who will be Rocks breakout player this year so far i think Mcdaniels is breakout suprise
^For those of us that know Damien, it doesn't surprise us. He was injured last season and did not play, I'm pretty sure. He did very well in middle-school ball. I just hope he can stay healthy, as well as the rest of the team.

You are correct, he is the breakout player this season though. Good to see.
LWC,,,, who you think is besides mcdaniels i think they all doing as expected great group of kids.
33-14 rock
Rockastle Co. 35-7.
I have been right for 2 straight weeks on prediction blowouts. Still no competiton and rock runs the clock on Whitley. Another easy game for us. At least we dont have to waste our gas this time.
Pages: 1 2 3