Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brad Lowe and Brandon May
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why do these 2 guys get no pub statewide. Everyone from the mtns knows that these 2 can play. I've seen the Dunaway kid from Henry Clay and both of these guys have similiar games. Dunaway is in the top 5 players on everyones list yet in one poll of seniors May and Lowe are in the 70's. On another list including underclaamen May is 87th and Lowe isn't listed, can someone explain why? They are both between 6'2 and 6'4 have college bodies and can hit from anywhere up to 25 ft. Dunaway is a little better but not by much and these guys can't get any pub? I know that alot of the stats are inflated in the mtns but these 2 could start and score 20pts a game for anyone in the state. I just think these guys should get the credit they deserve and not punished for playing in the mtns.
I agree May is an AWESOME player. I have seen him play a couple of times this year. I really think the boy can play ball. It is a shame that kids from the mountains don't get the pub they deserve. IMO May is one of the best players in the Mountains if not the best. Keep up the good work May!!!!! GO CARDS!!!!!!
I'm not going to say there not good players, but there not great. Anyone can shoot 25 times a game and score some points. Neither of these players play very good defense, they dont pass the ball very well, they just have the freedom to do what they want.
"bill tom" Wrote:I'm not going to say there not good players, but there not great. Anyone can shoot 25 times a game and score some points. Neither of these players play very good defense, they dont pass the ball very well, they just have the freedom to do what they want.

I can't speak for Lowe as much but his numbers speak for themself. May is a solid defender, not great but solid and passes the ball very well. These guys have to take a lot of shots for their teams to have any chance of winning. And no anyone can not shoot 25 times a game and score because when you are a marked man like they are every game you have to be able to create and hit tough shots, most players couldn't get their shot off.
Well finally something we can agree on, but you have to have Thompson in with that bunch. Could you even think of a team with them three on it. May shots alot but not what everyone thinks, Lowe has to for his team as does Thompson from Lawrence. But the thing I see with these guys is that they are not in a tradition rich backetball part of the state. and what I mean by that is we just dont have the numbers like they do else were. But I would take any of these kids on my team because what they dont have in ability they make it up in heart.
im with ya on this one batpuff. thompson from lawrence co. is a real good ballplayer and should be mentioned with May and Lowe. these kids can ball, its just that teams from the mountains usually dont play against alot of teams in other parts of the state, and do not get to showcase their ability. maybe if one of these three teams can win the region, which they ALL have a shot at doing, they can turn some heads down at Rupp Arena. lets hope so.
I'm w/ya on Thompson at the high school level he is outstanding. I think these lists of top players are what they are projected to do in college. In that case Lowe and May have more potential because they are guards where as Thompson would be an undersized post player. Shawn can shoot the 3 but he doesn't have the ball handling abilities or range of the other 2. As for primarily high school you can make a very strong arguement for Shawn because he has had an awesome year.
"Bob Knight" Wrote:I'm w/ya on Thompson at the high school level he is outstanding. I think these lists of top players are what they are projected to do in college. In that case Lowe and May have more potential because they are guards where as Thompson would be an undersized post player. Shawn can shoot the 3 but he doesn't have the ball handling abilities or range of the other 2. As for primarily high school you can make a very strong arguement for Shawn because he has had an awesome year.

Not to argue but how many games have you watched him play, he has been playing varsity since 7th grade. The kid has went up against the best the area has had. It not just this year he sat out last year for personal reasons. The kid can handle the ball pretty good, he may not be the quickest but he does a great job, hell I have seen games this season were Coach has made shawn go back and get the ball and bring it up against the pressure. He would play small forward at the next level, he has good range they have not wanted him to shot out side in the past and this year they have allowed him to.

Hey sees the floor better than most give him credit, hell he would have a tripple double most of the time, but either they miss easy lay-ups or they fumble the ball away.. If you could see him play with talent equal or above him it would be unreal, but that goes for the other two.

But we will have to see, I know he has about 6 offers wanting him to play next year but that will be up to him were he goes.
"Batpuff" Wrote:Not to argue but how many games have you watched him play, he has been playing varsity since 7th grade. The kid has went up against the best the area has had. It not just this year he sat out last year for personal reasons. The kid can handle the ball pretty good, he may not be the quickest but he does a great job, hell I have seen games this season were Coach has made shawn go back and get the ball and bring it up against the pressure. He would play small forward at the next level, he has good range they have not wanted him to shot out side in the past and this year they have allowed him to.

Hey sees the floor better than most give him credit, hell he would have a tripple double most of the time, but either they miss easy lay-ups or they fumble the ball away.. If you could see him play with talent equal or above him it would be unreal, but that goes for the other two.

But we will have to see, I know he has about 6 offers wanting him to play next year but that will be up to him were he goes.

No arguement, I've been aware of Shawn for a long time I coached at Warfield and Inez while he was in middle school. I havn't saw him play too much at the high school level though. He is a great player and deserves all the credit in the world, without him Lawrence probably doesn't win a game all year.
"Batpuff" Wrote:Well finally something we can agree on, but you have to have Thompson in with that bunch. Could you even think of a team with them three on it. May shots alot but not what everyone thinks, Lowe has to for his team as does Thompson from Lawrence. But the thing I see with these guys is that they are not in a tradition rich backetball part of the state. and what I mean by that is we just dont have the numbers like they do else were. But I would take any of these kids on my team because what they dont have in ability they make it up in heart.

There wouldn't be enough balls to go around for these guys...Like BT said they are good but they are not great
I would take these 2 and play anyone!
Brad Lowe is my pic...if I die I hope to come back as Brad Lowe!...lol
Hey Bob i agree these kids can play anywhere.
this kids are really good ball players just are unfrotunatley punished for living in the mountains...I see both of the players as well Thompson playing at the college level and making some noise maybe not D-1 but def NAIA...
Well Lowe is one of the top scorers in the State so theres some pub for ya right there. Now for May he is a very talented player but doesnt have the ability to score like Lowe does and that has been proven this year. Both are great players and have D-1 potential but Lowe is got the upper hand.
I don't believe either of them are 6'4, at most 6'2.
When each of these teams played Belfry, Matt Maynard was the best player on the court.
Sorry for the double post...but this just came across my mind....Brad Lowe and Brandon May are very good talented players for a region who's talent level is down from 5-10 years ago durind the era of J.R. Vanhoose, Todd Tackett, Mitchell Coleman, Tommy McKenzie, Clint Hackney, the Shepard guy from MC, these players were 10x better than these two players
"Big_Ben#7" Wrote:Sorry for the double post...but this just came across my mind....Brad Lowe and Brandon May are very good talented players for a region who's talent level is down from 5-10 years ago durind the era of J.R. Vanhoose, Todd Tackett, Mitchell Coleman, Tommy McKenzie, Clint Hackney, the Shepard guy from MC, these players were 10x better than these two players

What? How can you put Coleman, McKenzie, Hackney, and Shepard in the same catagorey as Vanhoose and Tackett. They were no where close to those two players. May and Lowe could pay with any of the players you mentioned outside of Vanhoose and Tackett.
I didn't mean to include Vanhoose and Tackett in the same level as the others. I just named off players that I think May and Lowe couldn't play with them...that's my opinion...Oh and you can also include Jimmy Burchett, Heath Castle and Marvin Fannin in that group also
I know they are nowhere remotely in JR's league. As for the others I think they could hold their own, excluding maybe Tackett. I went to school w/some pretty talented players @ SC such as John Slone and Kevin Fields and I think they could play w/them. They are not major D1 and are at best lower level D1 but name me 10 players in the state this year who are?
The JR's, Craig Ratliff's and Jeremy Hall's aren't playing anywhere else across the state this year either. I'm just saying these two can play and w/the level of talent down across the state they should be mentioned somwhere between the top 15 to 30 not barely cracking the top 100 or not being mentioned at all.
I think Shawn Thompson and Brad Lowe are the two best in the region.
Add Shawn Thompson to my list with Lowe and McCarty as the top dogs
"Big_Ben#7" Wrote:There wouldn't be enough balls to go around for these guys...Like BT said they are good but they are not great

I think you would be shocked at how unselfish these guys could be if they were on the same team. I think they would play well togther. Lowe, May, and Thompson? I would take it.
When Lowe was a soph he avg more assists then points :-)
"moofer" Wrote:I think you would be shocked at how unselfish these guys could be if they were on the same team. I think they would play well togther. Lowe, May, and Thompson? I would take it.

I agree it's not selfish to shoot if that is what gives your team it's best chance to win. Maybe these 3 could go to the same college and prove some on here wrong.
B-may has already proved he is one of the best by playing with the D-1 greyhounds over the summer with Bill walker and OJ so i def think is at top in the state
that would be nice