Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co @ Prestonsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is shaping up to be a defining game for both teams. Should be a very good game.
P-burg by 10.
I will save my prediction for later this week. Should be a dandy of a game in Prestonsburg this Friday night. I will say that the Blackcats loss to Perry Central is looking more and more impressive each week that Perry Central takes out another good team.
I think this is going to be a great game in the end, I think P'Burg will put out the hard fought win though!
P-burg at home
It will be hard to pick against Pburg playing at home in this one. However, the end result means very little other than the fact Lawrence will be playing another good team and gaining that valuable experience for the playoffs.
What kind of offense are the Bulldogs running this season?

I'd imagine they're running the ball a lot behind Combs.
Could be a long one for the Dawgs. Pburg is known for a great passing attack with a even better rushing attack this year. With LC secondary young could be a big win for the Blackcats, but I hope I'm wrong though and good luck to both teams.
P'Burg - 27
Lawrence Co. - 13
prestonsburg-28 Lawrence County-7
Pburg wins big in home opener, 34-6
35-21 Pburg
P-burg by 21.
I'll take the Blackcats by 14..
Pburg by 21+.
Pburg by a couple tds.
Prestonsburg - 27

Lawrence County - 14
Prestonburg will put up 34 for the third consecutive week: 34 - 21
Lawrence is overated once again. Blackcats win 42-21.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Lawrence is overated once again. Blackcats win 42-21.

Explain to me how a 1-1 team is overated???????
Lawrence County is continuing to grow as a football team, last week they got one of their injured players back and this week they should return another. They are starting to find themselves offensively and the defense is all over the field laying big hits. Defense last week had 3 interceptions (2 by Josh Marcum, 1 Blake Prince), and 3 sacks and a fumble recovery by Ethan Daniel. The offensive line did a really nice job this past week opening up big running lanes and givinfg Kiser plenty of time to throw. This will be a really interesting matchup for both teams, and should be fun to watch. Both teams like to hit you and smash you in the mouth. I don't see Prestonsburg being as good as Ashland on both sides of the ball.
Prestonsburg-44
Lawrence Co-21
Wildcats11 Wrote:Explain to me how a 1-1 team is overated???????

Preseason Mountain Polls indicated that Lawrence County was ranked anywhere from 8-10. That is what I meant by being overated, due to the fact they haven't lived up to thier hype.
Pburg 35-21
Lawrence County.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Lawrence County is continuing to grow as a football team, last week they got one of their injured players back and this week they should return another. They are starting to find themselves offensively and the defense is all over the field laying big hits. Defense last week had 3 interceptions (2 by Josh Marcum, 1 Blake Prince), and 3 sacks and a fumble recovery by Ethan Daniel. The offensive line did a really nice job this past week opening up big running lanes and givinfg Kiser plenty of time to throw. This will be a really interesting matchup for both teams, and should be fun to watch. Both teams like to hit you and smash you in the mouth. I don't see Prestonsburg being as good as Ashland on both sides of the ball.

[SIZE=2]IMO I am thinking that P-Burg might just might be better than Ashland on both sides of the ball. Ashland did not impress me that much 2 weeks ago when we played them. On the other hand P-Burg has been impressive for the past couple of years I look for a good ball game early but then it might get a little lop sided I am pulling for my Dawgs but have the up most respect for them Blackcats they can be pretty tough especially at home. GO DAWGS!!
[/SIZE]
I agree that Prestonsburg has been good the past few years and always will have a tough squad, but im sticking to my guns. There is no way they are at the same level as Ashland. Ashland has good size and more athletes.
LC 21-7 Close game..Confusedinglepar
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I agree that Prestonsburg has been good the past few years and always will have a tough squad, but im sticking to my guns. There is no way they are at the same level as Ashland. Ashland has good size and more athletes.

I don't know about all that.

Since 2003 Ashland has only blown out Prestonsburg once, in '05 55-9, that was a rough year for Prestonsburg, who everyone thought was the favorite to win class AA going into the season. Very overrated team!

Other than that loss Prestonsburg won 1 of the 4 matchups including a loss at Putnam in the final minutes on what was one of the craziest high school plays I've ever witnessed. Prestonsburg looked like they were going to pick off the pass and seal the game up and the defensive back tipped the ball and the Ashland receiver scored the game winning touchdown.

I know Ashland is one of the more tradition rich programs in the state, however they really haven't accomplished anything in over a decade.
I sure hope the officiating crew is better than the crew at the Lawrence/Jackson game. That was absolutely the worst I have ever seen on any level. When they got the call right it still took them 2-3 minutes to mark off the penalty. If this had been a close game between rival schools it could have gotten very ugly because of very bad calls against both teams.
Pages: 1 2 3