Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central 57 - Phelps 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Huge win for the Pike Central in the Pike County Bowl opener.

Alan Boggs didn't have his best game, but I thought he still played well the 3 and a half quarters that he played.

Justin Smith had a field day, I think he scored 3 TD's and was awarded with PC Pike County Bowl MVP honors.

Cory Shouse was a absolute machine out there on defense.

JV looked very impressive as well, scoring 2 late TD's.

-----

I'll give Phelps some props, I really like the Dakota Smith kid seems like a really smart player.

Plus, they have done something that not many teams had been able to do and that is contain Alan Boggs, they picked off 2 of his passes for INT's.

If they get healthy, cause I know a couple of their key players got banged up they could make some noise this year, don't sleep on Phelps.
I knew that Phelps would be able to put up atleast one score! Most were saying it would be a shutout.

Congrats Pike Central!
Phelps scored on the very last play of the game.
Congrats Pike Co.Central.

What were Boggs #s?
Who is the JV QB #14 that scored the last 2 TDs for Pike Central? He looked pretty impressive?
leecoukfan Wrote:I knew that Phelps would be able to put up atleast one score! Most were saying it would be a shutout.

Congrats Pike Central!

There was a clip which the referee saw but did not call, he just laughed and ran off the field. I don't blame him because considering the score I would have given it to them also. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. As far as Boggs having an "Off Night", he'll bounce back and everyone's entitled. The whole team appeared to be "Off Key" and have the past two games. Coach Mike has done a great job filling in but these boys are used to having Coach Chapman there. Coach Chapman will be back next week so I'm sure we will get a good look at a sharper team.
FBfan4 Wrote:There was a clip which the referee saw but did not call, he just laughed and ran off the field. I don't blame him because considering the score I would have given it to them also. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. As far as Boggs having an "Off Night", he'll bounce back and everyone's entitled. The whole team appeared to be "Off Key" and have the past two games. Coach Mike has done a great job filling in but these boys are used to having Coach Chapman there. Coach Chapman will be back next week so I'm sure we will get a good look at a sharper team.

mmm nope he will not be he has one more game he is suspended before coaching a game.

Hawks are in fine shape.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:mmm nope he will not be he has one more game he is suspended before coaching a game.

Hawks are in fine shape.

Yes he will be...3rd game is a home game & it will be the Shelby Valley game.

uk blue

To say that was a huge win against a team like we have is funny we have some talented kids who play hard but we dont have the number of kids PCC or other teams have proud of our boys but not a huge win for PCC
FBfan4 Wrote:Yes he will be...3rd game is a home game & it will be the Shelby Valley game.
nope. We (powell co) play you at Powell Co next week. i think that will be your game 3 wont it?TongueirateSho
leecoukfan Wrote:Who is the JV QB #14 that scored the last 2 TDs for Pike Central? He looked pretty impressive?

Freshmen Mac Justice.
The only good thing about this game is that it's over. Pike Central played an ugly game. If they don't straighten up it's going to be a long season for us Buckley Creek Faithful.
blitz43 Wrote:nope. We (powell co) play you at Powell Co next week. i think that will be your game 3 wont it?TongueirateSho

He is suspend one home, one away, and the bowl game. Being that he used the Away game on Greenup and the bowl game last night that means he will be back next week.
Maybe some PCC fan could tell me if I saw Jeremy Varn on the sideline's for the Hawks?

Unregistered

Don't know about that, but congrats to the Hawks, way to start the season!!
Real Badman Wrote:Maybe some PCC fan could tell me if I saw Jeremy Varn on the sideline's for the Hawks?

That you did.
Well PCC has something honorable going for them anyways. This man knows his stuff. Just makes me kinda bummed that he decided to go coach at Pike Central.
HawksRule Wrote:Freshmen Mac Justice.

Looks like he has a very bright future!
Being I just watched this oe today on VHS I wanted to add my thoughts on it.

Phelps has some nice size kids that look really eaw.
Hopefully the younger guys home come back next season and they can get some friend to go out for football.

Central did not look as good as they should have in this one but I think a lot of that has to do with "being bored" at times in this type of games.

I love the way #21 SHOUSE played.