Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 41 Jackson County 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
Congrats LC
nice win however wasnt much of one....still need big improovment to compete for next weeks prestonsburg
congrats to LC
Anyone have the total stats for LC?
Section213 Wrote:nice win however wasnt much of one....still need big improovment to compete for next weeks prestonsburg

Pardon me but I am a little confused. Nice win/not much of one???????? Oh well I guess there is nothing like optimism I suppose.
I think anything less than this would have been a surprise considering who Lawrence was playing!

Congrats Dawgs!!
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Pardon me but I am a little confused. Nice win/not much of one???????? Oh well I guess there is nothing like optimism I suppose.

Hes refering to the insanely bad team that Lawrence County beat!

Why do they schedule these terrible teams for?

In the last couple of years Lawrence has played some of the poorest teams they could posibly find? (since 09')

East Ridge 3X
Painstsville 2X
East Carter 2X
Shelby Valley 2x
Winfield WV 2X
Tolsia WV 2X
Jackson County
1A Raceland
The Iceboxx Wrote:Hes refering to the insanely bad team that Lawrence County beat!

In the last couple of years Lawrence has played some of the poorest teams they could posibly find? (since 09')

East Ridge 3X
Painstsville 2X
East Carter 2X
Shelby Valley 2x
Winfield WV 2X
Tolsia WV 2X
Jackson County
1A Raceland
Really your going there....... Lets see LC haddnt won more then 3 games in three years and your going to run your mouth about there weak schedule....East Ridge is now a district game...East Carter was a district game.... Valley was loaded the first year we played Tolsia is a rival game as paintsville and Raceland were in years past and winfield and jackson were games scheduled to fill out the schedule... get over your damn self.
The Generals played a good game. Score doesn't show it though. I don't know if you Bulldog fans realize it or not but there was three plays in the first half they scored on that was broken plays. JC also starts 5 freshmen on defense. So considering the youth they didn't play as bad as people think.
Congrats Coach Cecil and the Dawgs.
why would you schedule Lawerence Co. if your the head coach at Jackson Co. they have lost 22 or 23 in a row and play L.C. the AD or coach has lost their mind. There are plenty of bad teams out there to play.
Generals2010 Wrote:The Generals played a good game. Score doesn't show it though. I don't know if you Bulldog fans realize it or not but there was three plays in the first half they scored on that was broken plays. JC also starts 5 freshmen on defense. So considering the youth they didn't play as bad as people think.
I thought the Generals were a very scrappy team and #22 was as hardnosed as anybody on the field. They are small but extremely fast to the ball and very well coached. And the most important thing is they did not quit until time expired.
Generals2010 Wrote:The Generals played a good game. Score doesn't show it though. I don't know if you Bulldog fans realize it or not but there was three plays in the first half they scored on that was broken plays. JC also starts 5 freshmen on defense. So considering the youth they didn't play as bad as people think.

My feelings as well.(from a dog fan):Clap:
dawgbyte02 Wrote:I thought the Generals were a very scrappy team and #22 was as hardnosed as anybody on the field. They are small but extremely fast to the ball and very well coached. And the most important thing is they did not quit until time expired.

Me to 02. That much youth,if they stay togather, they will rebuild.
Thanks a lot. JC is very young, starts mainly freshman and sophomores. LC had a great game. The score could have easily been 0-0 or 7-0 if JC hadn't threw a pick on the 2 yard line and given up 3 HUGE plays, young D. Good game though!
The Iceboxx Wrote:Hes refering to the insanely bad team that Lawrence County beat!

East Ridge 3X
Painstsville 2X
East Carter 2X
Shelby Valley 2x
Winfield WV 2X
Tolsia WV 2X
Jackson County
1A Raceland

Prior games have already been played and are in the past. Ashland,P-burg,Perry Central,Sheldon Clark,Pike Central and Belfry. Can we now be happy? If not then perhaps we need to look at Trinity.
Did anyone at the game see the play where the JC QB took a nasty shot as he delivered a pass just to see his WR catch the ball and have him take a vicious hit as well all on the same play?? LC played aggressive last night.
I saw that play StrayBullet, he should have easily let go of that ball a little faster instead of getting both of them killed! There was a few big hits in this game I thought!
smashmouth Wrote:I saw that play StrayBullet, he should have easily let go of that ball a little faster instead of getting both of them killed! There was a few big hits in this game I thought!

I understand the young man was saving the play and did a great job of it. JC ended up completing the play and getting a first down. However, to have your starting QB take a shot like that and then have him hang his WR out in the open was just a scary few seconds for any JC fan. Both fans on both sides of the field let out a collected " OHHHHH " across the stands.
Yeah and the bad part is its unsure if they let it out to the QB hit, the receiver hit, or both!
StrayBullet Wrote:Did anyone at the game see the play where the JC QB took a nasty shot as he delivered a pass just to see his WR catch the ball and have him take a vicious hit as well all on the same play?? LC played aggressive last night.

As a JC fan, what impressed me about that play was the mental toughness of both the QB and RB to instantly get up after catching the ball for a 1st down and run back to the huddle. But both were nice, clean hits. Head coach say he really liked the play of the #36 on both sides of the ball for LC.

LC will be ok this year if they continue to improve and hopefully as the year goes on JC will see and realize their potential and step up in crucial situations and captialize when they have the chance.
Trenches07 Wrote:As a JC fan, what impressed me about that play was the mental toughness of both the QB and RB to instantly get up after catching the ball for a 1st down and run back to the huddle. But both were nice, clean hits. Head coach say he really liked the play of the #36 on both sides of the ball for LC.

LC will be ok this year if they continue to improve and hopefully as the year goes on JC will see and realize their potential and step up in crucial situations and captialize when they have the chance.

It was a great play for JC to complete the play and get the first down. I would call that more physical toughness than mental toughness to get back up from those shots.
Congrats Lawrence and good luck against P'Burg next week!

twowords

You cuss Lawrence for scheduling cupcakes and then you cuss Jackson for scheduling hard teams. I don't understand your logic.
any stats for kiser?
Hayden kiser was 10/16 244 yds 2 tds but had some drops could have thrown for 400 easy.
Haters gonna hate.. Congrats Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!! :moon: