Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan 41 Williamsburg 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Did the Sizemore boy get any PT?( I did not see his name in the stats) If not how long will they be able to keep him on the sidelines?

Sizemore played the entire game. He was just not effective. Personally I would have thought that he would have been able to do more. Williamsburg's best player is the Hamblin kid. I would compare him to a kid like Randy Maynard of Pikeville. But would give Maynard the slight edge. Both are really good QB's.
It is one thing not to give the Sizemore kid a fair chance at playing the QB spot but to only incorporate him into about 6 offensive plays total the entire game and most being at the end when the game was over at the RB position with him being either a pass blocker or decoy; is just ridiculous. He is to good of an athletic offensive player to be standing on the sidelines especially at a 1A school where you only have about 30 players. You can not tell me he is not good enough to be on the field somewhere on offense. I will not say anything about high school players by name other than Dalton, but Williamsburg does not have their best talent on the field for some reason or other. I have coached at the grade school, middle school, and high school levels in my life and the one thing I can say is that I always placed the best talent on the field that gave me the best chance to win even when it did not please parents. When it got to the point where I couldn't, I got out. I really don't know what the deal is but put him up against any kid on that team in a fair competition at QB and tell me he doesn't out play anyone they have. I guess sitting back and thinking that these coaches will be fair is to much to ask. I guess that his dad will have to go and make a scene at practice to get him on the field like another players father did. Thing is down 3 touchdowns last night against Harlan he as the second string QB with only two minutes left in the game never got reps when the game was out of reach. My question is why? Even last week against a weak Jellico team he only got to throw 3 times all short out routes not allowing him to show his ability. On a 2point conversion attempt he was told to throw the all out of bounds, I guess because they were up by 50 when just one possession earlier the starter was allowed to throw a seam route to an uncovered receiver for a TD. Bet he wasn't told to throw the ball out of bounds. All I ask is be fair and allow the players to compete for time on the field. Your team will be better for it.
Sizemore did not play the entire night he never touched the ball until it was over (only 5 plays on offense most at the end). Hamblin is a good player he threw for 3 tds (2 long passes where the corner wasn't even covering the receiver) but lets not forget he did account for all 3 of Williamsburgs turnovers (2ints and a fumble) and held the ball for a long time resulting in numerous sacks with a completion % that hovered under and around 50%. For you to say that Sizemore wasn't impressive is an injustice to the kid because he never got a chance on offense.

He did play defense most of the night and missed a tackle and did get burned once on a playaction pass for a td, but he wasn't even on the field on 3 of Harlan's touchdowns.
Jughead07 Wrote:Sizemore did not play the entire night he never touched the ball until it was over (only 5 plays on offense most at the end). Hamblin is a good player he threw for 3 tds (2 long passes where the corner wasn't even covering the receiver) but lets not forget he did account for all 3 of Williamsburgs turnovers (2ints and a fumble) and held the ball for a long time resulting in numerous sacks with a completion % that hovered under and around 50%. For you to say that Sizemore wasn't impressive is an injustice to the kid because he never got a chance on offense.

He did play defense most of the night and missed a tackle and did get burned once on a playaction pass for a td, but he wasn't even on the field on 3 of Harlan's touchdowns.
first of all I did not say that he wasn't impressive. I said he wasn't effective.Second,a player can't be effective if he is not used. I'm mostly going on what my son say's about it from the D-End position. Personally, I would have expected Williamsburg to have used him to throw alot of halfback type passes or maybe an option type offense like Pileville used against us. Maybe even the wildcat formation. Just didn't see any of that. One would think if you had 2 good athletes you would exploit both their talents on the field at the same time. Williamsburg will be better next year and watchout for them 2 years from now.
Congratulations Dragons. Sorry to have missed this one.

Coach J.P.

I've been watching Dalton Sizemore since he was in the 7th grade. What an amazing God given talent. Not really sure what's going on but this kid deserves to play ball. I've also heard that he is very intelligent. My advice one coach to another, play to win and don't let your talent stand on the sidelines. Good luck Dalton I hope to see you in the future.
Well he has three choices from the way I see it. 1. Prove he is better during practice 2. Quit 3. Go to another school. I am sure that he is probably fine just how things are going. From my experiences with football, it is usually the parents that are not satisfied and not the kid.

And while I am standing on my soap box, most parents have no idea what the kids are doing at practice. He may be missing practices or not going hard while at practice. All the parents know is nothing most of the time.

Why would any coach not play the best players that they have? Don't tell me pressure from other parents because that is bologna. The coach is judged on wins and losses, and coaches are going to play the kids that give them the best chance to win.
He (Sizemore) wont ever play QB at Wburg.
There love fest with the Hamblin kid is settled in.
Sizemore screwed up choosing Wburg. Mommy and daddys have to much say into what goes on there. Sizemore should have went to another school deeper in the mountains like he tried with Letcher.
The kids been to 5 different schools. What does that tell you.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:He (Sizemore) wont ever play QB at Wburg.
There love fest with the Hamblin kid is settled in.
Sizemore screwed up choosing Wburg. Mommy and daddys have to much say into what goes on there. Sizemore should have went to another school deeper in the mountains like he tried with Letcher.
The kids been to 5 different schools. What does that tell you.

Sizemore will be a dominate player at the class a level and an excellent player wherever he plays, that is if he gets the playing time. This is only the second high school team that he has played on, but it looks like it won't be the last one.....
SEKYFAN Wrote:Sizemore will be a dominate player at the class a level and an excellent player wherever he plays, that is if he gets the playing time. This is only the second high school team that he has played on, but it looks like it won't be the last one.....

He probably could be, but like i said he wont ever get to play QB at Wburg.
It is only the second high school team he has played for but he has transferred school districts atleast 5 times. He's been at Corbin, Whitley Letcher, and Wburg that i know of.
I know how some coach's cater to the parents and that can be trouble for a good transfer. But if he is a dominate player a coach who wants to win will find a way to exploit his talent. Williamsburg is kind of in that position this season.
hitem up i agree bt he is not getting the chance even im practice from what i hear. So he really cant win that position. And no this kid is not happy with the situation. He has been to several camps and has graded out extremely well at all of them includin an invitation to the NUC top prospect camp at oklahoma university though he could not attend. As for the other post about transferring school districts as far as i knkw oak grove elementary is not a corbin school but a whitley county public school so no he was never in that school district. As far as letcher county goes they moved their at the start of his freshman year so that he could play for his uncle mike whitaker who was a quarterback in the nfl and coached tim couch at leslie county. His mothe also thought she might have a future their as a special ed director but it didnt work out and they wanted to move back home. As far as staying at whitley couty the kid would have been miserable running the flexbone and never throwing the ball. So he knew some kids at williamsburg and thought it would be a good fit. So far he has not been given a chance. Thing is he is a good kid and has a ton of talent. Doesnt seem that i am the only one who thinks so either by looking on this board and williamsburg topixs as much as i hate that that website.
Jughead07 Wrote:hitem up i agree bt he is not getting the chance even im practice from what i hear. So he really cant win that position. And no this kid is not happy with the situation. He has been to several camps and has graded out extremely well at all of them includin an invitation to the NUC top prospect camp at oklahoma university though he could not attend. As for the other post about transferring school districts as far as i knkw oak grove elementary is not a corbin school but a whitley county public school so no he was never in that school district. As far as letcher county goes they moved their at the start of his freshman year so that he could play for his uncle mike whitaker who was a quarterback in the nfl and coached tim couch at leslie county. His mothe also thought she might have a future their as a special ed director but it didnt work out and they wanted to move back home. As far as staying at whitley couty the kid would have been miserable running the flexbone and never throwing the ball. So he knew some kids at williamsburg and thought it would be a good fit. So far he has not been given a chance. Thing is he is a good kid and has a ton of talent. Doesnt seem that i am the only one who thinks so either by looking on this board and williamsburg topixs as much as i hate that that website.

Oak Grove is a Whitley County school, however he went to Corbin before that, or so ive been told.
but oak grove was only about 2 miles from their house. You are right i was onlu thinking of 4thgrade or so and on
Jughead07 Wrote:but oak grove was only about 2 miles from their house. You are right i was onlu thinking of 4thgrade or so and on

Funny thing is I went to Oak Grove as well, many years ago lol.
Its amazing what they have done with that school since i went there.
I still cant believe that Corbin built a school that actually takes longer to get to from town than Oak Grove just so they could annex tatersall and get all the "rich kids" and money.
[Image: OGj.jpg]

Yes folks, thats an elementary school grades k-6.
Theres a football field and track across the road that you can see in the photo.
Im an alum. lol.
Photo by Mark White
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Funny thing is I went to Oak Grove as well, many years ago lol.
Its amazing what they have done with that school since i went there.
I still cant believe that Corbin built a school that actually takes longer to get to from town than Oak Grove just so they could annex tatersall and get all the "rich kids" and money.

The Tattersall area has been a part of the Corbin school system for about 25 years. It occurred when the residents of that area asked the state school board to annex them into the Corbin system.

Unregistered

IF the Sizemore kids dad would have left him alone at Whitley he would have been the starter there last year and would have been able to be the QB there for the next three years. But his father would not let him play in the system that whitley runs because they do not throw the ball 25 times a game. They do throw it between 8 and 10 times a game though. Now they have been to 2 schools in 2 years and they are still not happy.( They couldn't even be happy playing for family) Somewhere along the line the player and his dad have to look at themselves as the problem. It is not always greener on the other side. Sometimes it is better to stay the course and do what is best for your TEAM, not just yourself.
I am going to be honest with everyone and it seems to me that this is something that needs to be said. Ok,Dalton Sizemore is a sophomore and has two years after this season to showcase his talents. If he doesn't settle into a team now and learn to play team ball and promote Williamsburg football then I am afraid he will not ever be able to let his talent shine. Dalton is not bigger than the team. He is a talented kid but I can tell for example if he came to Harlan do you think he would start over Ty Saragas,no. Because the kids at Harlan have learned to trust Ty and they have a lot of faith in him that they will be able to win with him.Because they have for awhile . That goes for most schools.Dalton and Williamsburg football need to come together and learn to play together to achieve a common goal or niether will be successful this year. Williamsburg is a team that could mature and be deadly come playoff time but not if this stuff continues to tear the team down. My advice is find a place on this team and play to the best of your ability. If you are a great athlete it will show through. If you want to play QB,then compete for it in practice when you get the chance. But when you don't have the chance,play your position to the best of your ability and promote Williamsburg football not Dalton Sizemore. Do that at camp in the off season.
In response to Unregistered who hides behind an unregistered name, how many of those kids that played at Whitley Middle 2 and 3 years ago stayed there and played in that system. They had a more balanced system Dalton's 8th grade year then they changed the offense to run 98% of the time. It shows me that they have lost more than just Dalton in that system. As far as being at Letcher, the kid learned a lot under his uncle playing JV and Freshman. Their family did not like living in Whitesburg especially his sister and they where unhappy and stretched to thin. I also know other things that I can not disclose at this time.

This is my last post on this thread and I agree that Dalton is not above the team or any team for that matter. In a previous post, I stated that I have coached for about 10 years and I know the importance of a team family. All I am asking is that the kid be given a chance and I know that I am not alone on this matter hearing from people in all directions. If their is something that he is not doing in practice or summer then let him know. Don't jerk him around and say things to him that is not backed up. I'll say it again, if their is a competition for PT and he is beat out then I will shut up and never post on the topic again; but that has yet to happen. I also agree with what was said earlier that if the defense isn't straightened out then it doesn't matter about QB position. I also really don't think that me posting on a message board is tearing a team down. Dalton never hardly speaks about any of this and he is committed to his teammates and wants nothing more than to win.

Unregistered

You are correct i am hiding from you LOL I also know that you are his cousin and think he is the greatest thing in the world so your opinion is jaded. When and where did you "coach" ? I believe that most of the starters at Whitley came through the middle school. (The only ones that left were the two that are now at williamsburg.) I also believe that Sizemores 2nd 8th grade year he ran the same offense that they do at the high school and was pretty good at it, but again it didnt suit his FATHER so they had to move. Look i will agree that Sizemore has talent and that he is a good kid, but until they let him settle in somewhere he will never get a chance to show anyone what he can do.
Unregistered Wrote:You are correct i am hiding from you LOL I also know that you are his cousin and think he is the greatest thing in the world so your opinion is jaded. When and where did you "coach" ? I believe that most of the starters at Whitley came through the middle school. (The only ones that left were the two that are now at williamsburg.) I also believe that Sizemores 2nd 8th grade year he ran the same offense that they do at the high school and was pretty good at it, but again it didnt suit his FATHER so they had to move. Look i will agree that Sizemore has talent and that he is a good kid, but until they let him settle in somewhere he will never get a chance to show anyone what he can do.

I have never hid the fact that he is my cousin and I do think he is a great kid and football player. Maybe my opinion is jaded, but so many others who I have no idea who they are have shared the same opinion.

3rd&4th Grade Boys Hyden Elementary 2003
Little League and All-Stars 2003-2006
Leslie Co. Middle School Baseball 2007
Assistant Football Coach Leslie County Middle 2006
Assistant Leslie Co. Boys 7th & 8th Grade Basketball 2006&2007 (Won a BCI State Championship)
Assistant Leslie County Girls Varsity and Head Freshman Coach Basketball (2008 & 2009) Won the 54th District Championship.
Now I coach and run a youth basketball league in Leslie County and Coach two AAU teams 3rd and 4th as well as 5th and 6th grade.

I do not claim to know everything about sports or coaching but you ask so I posted it. I would ask you the same but if I was guessing, I would say that you have coached Middle School Football. Maybe even at Whitley. But that is just a guess.

Why would a kid stay at a school where he wouldn't be happy, in an offense where anyone can hand off the ball. Maybe a lot of players from middle school still do play there. Maybe I was wrong about that but I do know of some that don't and I do not want to pull them into this. I wish Whitley well, I got to know some of those kids that are in school there now and I want them to win as well. They all seem like good players and kids.

I want Dalton to stay at one play as much as anyone and he wants to stay at Williamsburg. He did pick that school, so I know he wants to be there. I just want want him to get a fair shot, thats all. If he isn't good enough so be it.

This is it for me because apparently my opinion on a message board is causing the team to lose and I am tearing them down. If my opinion is this strong, then I will not post anything else on this matter, in hopes that my opinion will not one day crush the world and end all of existence.

Unregistered

I personally think it's great that "jughead" will stand up for his family. And why shouldn't he think that Dalton is the greatest. THATS FAMILY.... I also think it's crazy to badger his dad. A great Dad wants the best for his kids. I have known the Sizemore's for many years, and you will never meet parents that love their children any more. Dalton is a great kid. He excels in sports and academics. No one should expect to be handed anything , but they should be able to compete for a position. Sizemore and Hamblin are two talented kids, why not let them shine together. I believe if you do this along with all your other talented kids, that Williamsburg will be hard to beat.
Jughead07 Wrote:I have never hid the fact that he is my cousin and I do think he is a great kid and football player. Maybe my opinion is jaded, but so many others who I have no idea who they are have shared the same opinion.

3rd&4th Grade Boys Hyden Elementary 2003
Little League and All-Stars 2003-2006
Leslie Co. Middle School Baseball 2007
Assistant Football Coach Leslie County Middle 2006
Assistant Leslie Co. Boys 7th & 8th Grade Basketball 2006&2007 (Won a BCI State Championship)
Assistant Leslie County Girls Varsity and Head Freshman Coach Basketball (2008 & 2009) Won the 54th District Championship.
Now I coach and run a youth basketball league in Leslie County and Coach two AAU teams 3rd and 4th as well as 5th and 6th grade.

I do not claim to know everything about sports or coaching but you ask so I posted it. I would ask you the same but if I was guessing, I would say that you have coached Middle School Football. Maybe even at Whitley. But that is just a guess.

Why would a kid stay at a school where he wouldn't be happy, in an offense where anyone can hand off the ball. Maybe a lot of players from middle school still do play there. Maybe I was wrong about that but I do know of some that don't and I do not want to pull them into this. I wish Whitley well, I got to know some of those kids that are in school there now and I want them to win as well. They all seem like good players and kids.

I want Dalton to stay at one play as much as anyone and he wants to stay at Williamsburg. He did pick that school, so I know he wants to be there. I just want want him to get a fair shot, thats all. If he isn't good enough so be it.

This is it for me because apparently my opinion on a message board is causing the team to lose and I am tearing them down. If my opinion is this strong, then I will not post anything else on this matter, in hopes that my opinion will not one day crush the world and end all of existence.

Jughead, I don't think you want to tear the team down. I think you want the best for Dalton and for things to be done in a fair way for him. But at the same time these kids get on here and read this stuff. If the Hamblin kid gets on here and hears that Dalton thinks he is better than him and Dalton's not getting a fair shot don't you think that could cause discontent between the two. The two,who should be working together the most,so that the team can have their best chance of winning. If one's trying to outdo the other or make the other look bad it only spells disaster for a good group of young men. I just don't think it should be aired out on this site. That's all.

Unregistered

Dragonsdad Wrote:Jughead, I don't think you want to tear the team down. I think you want the best for Dalton and for things to be done in a fair way for him. But at the same time these kids get on here and read this stuff. If the Hamblin kid gets on here and hears that Dalton thinks he is better than him and Dalton's not getting a fair shot don't you think that could cause discontent between the two. The two,who should be working together the most,so that the team can have their best chance of winning. If one's trying to outdo the other or make the other look bad it only spells disaster for a good group of young men. I just don't think it should be aired out on this site. That's all.

What about your own house? Do you not think kids on your team realize it isn't about wins or loses but about stats. cost you one over at Hazard didn't it. Oh well, as long as you throw for 3000 yards is what matters. get real!
Unregistered Wrote:What about your own house? Do you not think kids on your team realize it isn't about wins or loses but about stats. cost you one over at Hazard didn't it. Oh well, as long as you throw for 3000 yards is what matters. get real!

What??? I do not comprehend what you are trying to say. So are you saying that at Harlan all that matters is the stats and not wins or losses??? If you don't mind would you please clarify these comments.
Unregistered Wrote:What about your own house? Do you not think kids on your team realize it isn't about wins or loses but about stats. cost you one over at Hazard didn't it. Oh well, as long as you throw for 3000 yards is what matters. get real!

What in the world are you talking about? Please fill us in. As far as I know,last year at Hazard we were a sophomore dominated team that played like a team and put up a good showing against a 1A powerhouse team. We did get beat 50-20,but the score was 28-20 starting the 4th. It wasn't a bad showing at all for what I called a glorified JV team. Not to many teams in 1A could have said that last year. As far as whats going on with Williamsburg,If you aren't headzy enough to know that you don't get on a public forum and talk about how one player on a teams feels about another player on the same team,then be my quest.Have at it cause the playoffs are coming with or without Williamsburg. Personally I would like to see them there and for their players to have a good experience with it. I quess not everyone is like me though.
Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
~ Bernard M. Baruch

Unregistered

Jughead07 Wrote:In response to Unregistered who hides behind an unregistered name, how many of those kids that played at Whitley Middle 2 and 3 years ago stayed there and played in that system. They had a more balanced system Dalton's 8th grade year then they changed the offense to run 98% of the time. It shows me that they have lost more than just Dalton in that system. As far as being at Letcher, the kid learned a lot under his uncle playing JV and Freshman. Their family did not like living in Whitesburg especially his sister and they where unhappy and stretched to thin. I also know other things that I can not disclose at this time.

This is my last post on this thread and I agree that Dalton is not above the team or any team for that matter. In a previous post, I stated that I have coached for about 10 years and I know the importance of a team family. All I am asking is that the kid be given a chance and I know that I am not alone on this matter hearing from people in all directions. If their is something that he is not doing in practice or summer then let him know. Don't jerk him around and say things to him that is not backed up. I'll say it again, if their is a competition for PT and he is beat out then I will shut up and never post on the topic again; but that has yet to happen. I also agree with what was said earlier that if the defense isn't straightened out then it doesn't matter about QB position. I also really don't think that me posting on a message board is tearing a team down. Dalton never hardly speaks about any of this and he is committed to his teammates and wants nothing more than to win.

coach herron must see it different. coaches have a competition every day in practice for how much, if any playing time a player will get in the next game. as a coach surely you must know this. please stop trying to tear the team apart
way to go Harlan
Pages: 1 2 3