Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 32 Clintwood, VA 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FINAL.... From Clintwood, VA...

Good way to season the season for the Bulldogs
A big win for the Bulldogs. Nathan Higgins had a 80 yard kickoff return and a 62 yard pass interception he ran back giving him 2 touchdowns on the night.
Zack Blanton had a long touchdown at the end of the 3rd quarter.
Then Hazard scores on a 35 yard field goal with 1:08 left in the game.
^ Hazard had 2 FG's 30 yds+.... Good to see the kicking game back at Hazard.... I didn't think we were ever going to replace Austin Delpont
Congrats Dawgs
didnt think Hazard would have trouble.
Congrats Bulldogs!!
Go back and look at the prediction thread guys. I told you so. Good teams from Southeast Kentucky will wallop good teams from Southwest Virginia almost every time.
thanks i appriciate your support
Grats Dawgs.
Congrats Hazard.

How did Whitaker look at QB?

Who is the kicker for the Dawgs?
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Hazard.

I think soccer player Eric Mason has been kicking.
Congrats Dawgs, after all the talk of the tradition in Clintwood I thhought the game would have been closer
king360 Wrote:Congrats Dawgs, after all the talk of the tradition in Clintwood I thhought the game would have been closer

Yeah, I figured it would have been a within a TD when it came to the end of the game!

Congrats Dawgs!!
Congrats Bulldogs.
Good Job Dawgs !!!
Have to admit I skipped this one for the Perry/Johnson game (glad I did), but listened and was pleased. Let's go Dawgs...get better every week.
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Hazard.

From what I was told... Kilburn (freshman) started the game at QB, but they took turns after that....

Kilburn and Whitaker both bring something different.. Kilburn has great speed and Whitaker has a great arm.... Together they make a very good QB....
Congrats Hazard
Congrads Bulldogs. Anyone see any weakness from the bulldogs in this game?
bac2369 Wrote:Congrads Bulldogs. Anyone see any weakness from the bulldogs in this game?

Only weakness I see in the Bulldogs for this season is "Mayfield"... Hazard should have another great season and should be in the 1A state championship game again...
I'm the kicker for Hazard. Eric Mason
^ Good game last night... Keep up the good work
ekff Wrote:From what I was told... Kilburn (freshman) started the game at QB, but they took turns after that....

Kilburn and Whitaker both bring something different.. Kilburn has great speed and Whitaker has a great arm.... Together they make a very good QB....

Not a fan of the two quarterback system. Neither can get in a rhythm when they're often alternating who's on the field.
Aslan Wrote:Not a fan of the two quarterback system. Neither can get in a rhythm when they're often alternating who's on the field.
They didn't alternate, Kilburn started, play the first series, Whitaker came in and pretty much stayed in, may have been out for 1-2 series. I agree that you musr make a decision, rotation causes confusion for the team.
Congrats to the Bulldogs.
Hkicker Wrote:I'm the kicker for Hazard. Eric Mason

Good job, Eric.

[Image: 2597734380069226593S500x500Q85.jpg]
good team with excellent skill players...speed can kill. however, the score was a bit deceiving. Hazard scored only two offensive touchdowns and Clintwood had well over 200 yds rushing. the difference was a kickoff return TD and and a pick 6 (by the same dude... 12 is fast). how many times was Hazard's O limited to two TDs last year...once? in the state final? after the kickoff TD, it was 16-7 at the halftime. midway through the third quarter, pick 6 six made it 23-7. Clintwood moved ball quite well on the ground, but struggling passing game caused drives to bog down deep inside Hazard territory on more than one occasion. Hazard is very good and will no doubt go deep into the playoffs, but the final score 32-7 was not representative of the whole game, especially if you know football and actually saw the game in person.
Moe Jontana Wrote:good team with excellent skill players...speed can kill. however, the score was a bit deceiving. Hazard scored only two offensive touchdowns and Clintwood had well over 200 yds rushing. the difference was a kickoff return TD and and a pick 6 (by the same dude... 12 is fast). how many times was Hazard's O limited to two TDs last year...once? in the state final? after the kickoff TD, it was 16-7 at the halftime. midway through the third quarter, pick 6 six made it 23-7. Clintwood moved ball quite well on the ground, but struggling passing game caused drives to bog down deep inside Hazard territory on more than one occasion. Hazard is very good and will no doubt go deep into the playoffs, but the final score 32-7 was not representative of the whole game, especially if you know football and actually saw the game in person.

The score is just about right. There was about 2 or 3 dropped passes in the endzone and a ton of bs calls. Clintwood may have had over 200 yard of offense but hazards D stiffened when it needed to.
ekff Wrote:Only weakness I see in the Bulldogs for this season is "Mayfield"... Hazard should have another great season and should be in the 1A state championship game again...

:thatsfunn:rockon::Thumbs:

Beechwood, at this point maybe who we should all be watching closely though
MayfieldCardinal Wrote::thatsfunn:rockon::Thumbs:

Beechwood, at this point maybe who we should all be watching closely though

I agree with that Statement. That 28-0 win of SK is pretty good.