Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell Co. 32- Lafayette 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Big 2nd half by Bell Co.
davenport 25 carries 193 yards and 3 scores
johnnyt Wrote:davenport 25 carries 193 yards and 3 scores

He had only 19 yards @ half!
Congrats to Bell Co.
congrats to Bell on the comeback
Nice win for my Bobcats! Awesome defense in 2nd half.
Nice win Bell County
Good win cats had me nervous for a while
Congrats to the young bobcats on great second half come back!
congrats to my cuz wayne mills getting his first win as head coach of the bell county bobcats!!

P.R.I.D.E
Congrats Bobcats!
I will eat crow. Congrats BC, great win
heard bell county is having some qb center exchange problems along with some injuries glad they could come back and get the win. ready for the city county bowl next week.
Just got home from the game. Great great game! Davenport took it upon himself in the second half. Don't forget he had a huge kickoff return too. Bell Co grew up tonight in the second. Good to see our whole Middle School team there tonight supporting the boys as they have a big game tomorrow at Lex Cath.
Good win agianst a solid 6A squad.
devildawg20 Wrote:heard bell county is having some qb center exchange problems along with some injuries glad they could come back and get the win. ready for the city county bowl next week.

Polly got dinged up but was back in playing the second half. Second half was a perfect half and it showed. Bell won that half 3 TD's to Lafayette's 0.
Congrats Bell Co.

I'm glad to see Coach Mills get the 1st win under his belt @ Bell Co.
good job bell
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Polly got dinged up but was back in playing the second half. Second half was a perfect half and it showed. Bell won that half 3 TD's to Lafayette's 0.

Glad that Polly was okay, It wont always show up in the stats the contributions some kids make. When Davenport was struggling in the first half, Polly was picking up the tough yards Bell needed, then Davenport came out like a man possessed in the second. I love the combination of these two in the backfield together, Wish they could have been in the backfield together last year as well, seeing how well they seem to play off each other.
Congrats to Bell County. Glad to see Coach Mills get his first win as the head coach of the Bobcats.
Like Davenport said himself, the country boys had to get the jitters out in the 1st half and then they took care business in the 2nd half!!

Congrats Bobcats!!
Great win for the Bobcats and a HUGE second half turn around. Congrats Coach Mills on hopefully your first of MANY wins as the Bobcat leader!
Bell Co. 32 Lafayette 26
Bell Co.
Lafayette
Scoring summary:
L--Nathan Gillespie 29 field goal; L--Gillespie 28 field goal; B--Cory Davenport 82 kickoff return (run failed); L--Trenard Chester 30 pass from Jeremy Smith (Gillespie kick); B--Corey Oslonian 1 run (Davenport kick); L--William Johnson 2 run (run failed); L--Brandon Epps 12 pass from Smith (Gillespie kick); B--Davenport 9 run (run failed); B--Davenport 45 run (run failed); B--Davenport 1 run (kick failed).
Records: Bell Co. 1-1, Lafayette 1-1

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1WFcXsu9x
The LHS qb started out the game very good. He was shaken up late in the 1st half, and came back very flat and made several BAD decisions. He had multiple chances to run for 20+ yards and decided to pass the ball, and in the 2nd half he could not throw the ball in the ocean if he was standing out on a pier. That mixed in with terrible play-calling and clock management in the 2nd half, led to the L. The Bobcats did not quit, and they stole this one.
Congrats Bell County!
Bell slept walked in the 1st half and went down by 2 TD's in a 90sec span. They did not play with any emotion early but came back strong in the 2nd half. They put some pressure on the QB and it made a difference in the Generals offense.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The LHS qb started out the game very good. He was shaken up late in the 1st half, and came back very flat and made several BAD decisions. He had multiple chances to run for 20+ yards and decided to pass the ball, and in the 2nd half he could not throw the ball in the ocean if he was standing out on a pier. That mixed in with terrible play-calling and clock management in the 2nd half, led to the L. The Bobcats did not quit, and they stole this one.

As I mentioned before, stop Lafayette # 5 ( Johnson ) and the running game, it will be a happy trip back to Pineville. And Bell did just that. Made Lafayette pass the ball and QB threw some passes that was save by some great catches by his receivers. Very timid or afraid to run to gain yardage.
Bell's second half performance in both games have been quite impressive. you never want to have to come back in the second half of a game but at least you know these kids can. if they can get out of the blocks quickly in a game i think they can go far. they just cant wait till the second half to try to pull them out.
Man Davenport just looked like he was driven a car the 2nd half FAST! He left Lafayette setting still!

Grads Bell County
We got to this game just before halftime. The score was 13/14. By the time we parked and got in the game itself, the score was 26/14. I believe that may have helped to shake Bell awake!!

Congratulations Cats on your win.

I thought I saw Davenport shaken up on two different sets of downs. Hope he's okay.
Granny Bear Wrote:We got to this game just before halftime. The score was 13/14. By the time we parked and got in the game itself, the score was 26/14. I believe that may have helped to shake Bell awake!!

Congratulations Cats on your win.

I thought I saw Davenport shaken up on two different sets of downs. Hope he's okay.

He is doing just fine Granny Bear thanks for the well wishes!! Exciting game for sure!
Pages: 1 2