Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pitino went 15-15 but we kept him
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now i know that we kindly suck this year but if u can rememebr ricky p had a .500 season back in the day. He didnt get fired. Tubby didnt lose the game today....the player(s) did......Rondo hit the three to win against south carolina and hasnt stopped shooting yet. I would love to have ravi moss next year....he and morris and crawford are the only ones in a uk jersey who has any kind of heart....it pisses me off when evrybody (you kno who u are) talk that tubby is losing everything for us....ok my opinoin for the last 3 losses are......

Florida- kentucky had to play 7 players when the refs handed the florida players that ball.
Tennessee- Bobby Perry turned the ball over every time he touched it.
Vandy- Rondo's stupidity

No way did tubby lose the games for us. Get off his back and that little website fire tubby or whatever it is should be shut down.......thats a disgrace. I have met tubby before and i kno he hates losing becuasei met him on the golf course.....do u think he is tryin to lose...NO......

The reason they are losing is because of player ego's. Rondo has the biggest ego in the ncaa. I dont think rondo likes any body on the team. A good team consists of each player and coach getting along.
"golfman42" Wrote:Now i know that we kindly suck this year but if u can rememebr ricky p had a .500 season back in the day. He didnt get fired. Tubby didnt lose the game today....the player(s) did......Rondo hit the three to win against south carolina and hasnt stopped shooting yet. I would love to have ravi moss next year....he and morris and crawford are the only ones in a uk jersey who has any kind of heart....it pisses me off when evrybody (you kno who u are) talk that tubby is losing everything for us....ok my opinoin for the last 3 losses are......

Florida- kentucky had to play 7 players when the refs handed the florida players that ball.
Vandy- Rondo's stupidity

No way did tubby lose the games for us. Get off his back and that little website fire tubby or whatever it is should be shut down.......thats a disgrace. I have met tubby before and i kno he hates losing becuasei met him on the golf course.....do u think he is tryin to lose...NO......

The reason they are losing is because of player ego's. Rondo has the biggest ego in the ncaa. I dont think rondo likes any body on the team. A good team consists of each player and coach getting along.

Chill out man, I don't know why you let this crap get to you so bad. Everyone know it's the players, but Tubby does get some of the blame too you know, he has 10 other players sitting on that bench that he can put in.
"golfman42" Wrote:Now i know that we kindly suck this year but if u can rememebr ricky p had a .500 season back in the day. He didnt get fired. Tubby didnt lose the game today....the player(s) did......Rondo hit the three to win against south carolina and hasnt stopped shooting yet. I would love to have ravi moss next year....he and morris and crawford are the only ones in a uk jersey who has any kind of heart....it pisses me off when evrybody (you kno who u are) talk that tubby is losing everything for us....ok my opinoin for the last 3 losses are......

Vandy- Rondo's stupidity

AMEN!!!!! Great post. Tubby is not at fault here. This is a young team, and a rebuilding year.
It's not just the players, Tubby makes some decision that I think everyone questions. Like starting Bobby Perry, giving Orbzut that much playing time, not recruiting Lofton. I could keep going, but I do agree with you that the players ego's get in the way. Especially Bradley, he is just a punk.
"blackcat" Wrote:It's not just the players, Tubby makes some decision that I think everyone questions. Like starting Bobby Perry, giving Orbzut that much playing time, not recruiting Lofton. I could keep going, but I do agree with you that the players ego's get in the way. Especially Bradley, he is just a punk.

What did Orbzut do today that hurt UK? He played extremely well...By the way Morris had 4 fouls with almost 14 minutes to go..Call me crazy but not much a choice but to play Orbzut today...

The Lofton deal is a whole other story, but you can go back and read some of my posts on that ordeal to get a decent perspective on it...

Do you know Ramel Bradley personally? He's not a punk, and he doesn't have a big ego so there goes that idea...
Ricky P went 14 and 14 because of the sanctions handed down due to Sutton
He went 14 and 14 because we were 13 and 19 the previous year.
He went 14 and 14 because he only had 9 player due to transfers.
You can't compare the situations
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Ricky P went 14 and 14 because of the sanctions handed down due to Sutton

I was about to post the same thing...

Though I do agree that it sucks that Coach Smith gets ALL the blame for this team that has some personal issues outside of coaching..
[QUOTE="PC_U_KNOW_98 Everyone know it's the players, but Tubby does get some of the blame too you know, he has 10 other players sitting on that bench that he can put in.[/QUOTE"]

I think Tubby should take more of the blame than the players. I know he doesn't take a shot or miss a assignment but he did recruit these players. He is the one that sets the lineup and makes up the game plans and the decisions during the game.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Ricky P went 14 and 14 because of the sanctions handed down due to Sutton

U can talk about the transfers as much as u want but look he we lost last year......Hayes and Azubuike they were a huge impact on the team
Well Tubby is looking at one of the best juniors in the nation right now in OJ Mayo and hopefully he could get Bill Walker ( I beleive that is his name) who plays alongside of mayo.
"Old School" Wrote:I think Tubby should take more of the blame than the players. I know he doesn't take a shot or miss a assignment but he did recruit these players. He is the one that sets the lineup and makes up the game plans and the decisions during the game.

he may make the lineup for the game, but i dont beleive he makes the decisions. IMHO i think the players do whatever they want to out there. did you hear rondo after the south carolina game? he said he knew he wanted to take the shot no matter what. im sure thats not a decision coach smith made.
There is a pattern in Tubby...If you remember when he was at UGA, he never could get them past the Sweet 16 and exactly how many trips in 9 years have we been past the Sweet 16 ? 2 times -1998 & 2005.

He just is not getting it done as a coach, He is not a motivator, he can't get control of this team.
"corndog23" Wrote:he may make the lineup for the game, but i dont beleive he makes the decisions. IMHO i think the players do whatever they want to out there. did you hear rondo after the south carolina game? he said he knew he wanted to take the shot no matter what. im sure thats not a decision coach smith made.

If the players are not following his instructions and running the called plays then he needs to set them on the bench and play someone that will follow his instructions.

If I'm at work and didn't follow by bosses orders after a couple of times of this I would find myself walking down the road kicking a can wondering what happened!!
"alfus21" Wrote:What did Orbzut do today that hurt UK? He played extremely well...By the way Morris had 4 fouls with almost 14 minutes to go..Call me crazy but not much a choice but to play Orbzut today...

The Lofton deal is a whole other story, but you can go back and read some of my posts on that ordeal to get a decent perspective on it...

Do you know Ramel Bradley personally? He's not a punk, and he doesn't have a big ego so there goes that idea...

Orbzut played decent, but he isn't the smartest basketball player. Morris should have been in the game.

Lofton isn't another story, it all comes down to Tubby making stupid coaching mistakes.

As for Bradley, no I don't know him, but I hate the way he acts on the floor, just like a couple more of the UK players.
"blackcat" Wrote:Orbzut played decent, but he isn't the smartest basketball player. Morris should have been in the game.

Lofton isn't another story, it all comes down to Tubby making stupid coaching mistakes.

As for Bradley, no I don't know him, but I hate the way he acts on the floor, just like a couple more of the UK players.

Morris had 4 fouls w/14 min. left in the game....any coach would have taken him out.
Think about this......3 scholarships....3 McDonalds All-Americans. And u say that u would have taken a 3 or 4 star recruit. He was a diamond in the rough. Lucky recruiting for UT. Sorry to tell you, but Rick and UL didnt want him either.
"Smokey" Wrote:Morris had 4 fouls w/14 min. left in the game....any coach would have taken him out.
Think about this......3 scholarships....3 McDonalds All-Americans. And u say that u would have taken a 3 or 4 star recruit. He was a diamond in the rough. Lucky recruiting for UT. Sorry to tell you, but Rick and UL didnt want him either.

I'm not complaining about him taking him out, but he didn't see the floor again until about 3 minutes left.

After I saw Lofton play in the state championship I would have taken him over any player on UK's team right now, but I don't know what Morris looked like in high school. I would even take Ravi Moss over Rondo right now, but that's just me.
"blackcat" Wrote:I'm not complaining about him taking him out, but he didn't see the floor again until about 3 minutes left.

After I saw Lofton play in the state championship I would have taken him over any player on UK's team right now, but I don't know what Morris looked like in high school. I would even take Ravi Moss over Rondo right now, but that's just me.

How do you know you'd have taken Lofton over any of the recruits that came in last year? Did you see them play in High School? No...So you can't really compare the situations...
i watched rondo play in high school alongside of josh smith and he was great but now he blows
rondo doesnt blow, he just cant shoot. Lord hes one of the best guards in the nation. One of the best Defensive guards to, Ppl Cant Shoot , u have to have a little bit of gift in ya to shoot well. Plus, Rondo practiced his shot all summer so hes tryin to shoot better?
All that needs to be said is that UK needs a coach!!!!!!! Tubby said that lofton for tennessee was not good enough to play for UK, yet, he scores uh..... 31 against UK. That is coaching.
"youngguns99" Wrote:All that needs to be said is that UK needs a coach!!!!!!! Tubby said that lofton for tennessee was not good enough to play for UK, yet, he scores uh..... 31 against UK. That is coaching.

Good point, and yes I have seen Rondo play in high school. Lofton looked much better.
"blackcat" Wrote:Good point, and yes I have seen Rondo play in high school. Lofton looked much better.

is that why rondo was rated much higher in high school then lofton? because lofton was better?
"corndog23" Wrote:is that why rondo was rated much higher in high school then lofton? because lofton was better?

Read my post, I said Lofton "looked" much better when I saw them play.
To be honest with you guys. Had Lofton transferred to a highly recognized basketball program like Rondo did, Lofton would have been ranked VERY high, probably would have been a 4-5 star player himself. Who outside of Kentucky has ever heard of Mason County High School, seriously.