Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Covington Catholic @ Dixie 8/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
5A Cov Cath destroys Campbell County in the opening week of the season, heads to 6A Dixie where the Colonels were beaten badly by 2A New Cath. Aubrun signee, Zeke Pike will be on the field after sitting last week.
Stardust Wrote:5A Cov Cath destroys Campbell County in the opening week of the season, heads to 6A Dixie where the Colonels were beaten badly by 2A New Cath. Aubrun signee, Zeke Pike will be on the field after sitting last week.

Cov Cath will take it to Dixie. The big question is, will Pike lose his cool in the first game back (yelling at the coaches, yelling at his own players, fighting with the other team?).
cov cath can run all over dixe the line play of dixie just isn't goo enough to compete i do think dixie will score more this week with pike back score
covcath-42
dixie-28
Blue Colonels in this one
sstack Wrote:Cov Cath will take it to Dixie. The big question is, will Pike lose his cool in the first game back (yelling at the coaches, yelling at his own players, fighting with the other team?).
great question. Seems there are some issues about team unity right now at Dixie.
Yes towards the end of the NCC Dixie game Dixie players were argueing pushing one another they were definately upset with how the game was going i wasn't on the field but i think it had to do with all the missed passes.
sstack Wrote:Cov Cath will take it to Dixie. The big question is, will Pike lose his cool in the first game back (yelling at the coaches, yelling at his own players, fighting with the other team?).

I agree, CovCath will drop the hammer on Dixie, and then some.

As far as Pike, I hope that coaching staff is reminding Pike of the changes to the ejection rule. Cause his next suspension will most likely be five games, and if that happens, Dixie can wave bye bye to their season and Pike can kiss most of his big school offers goodbye.
I think it will be closer than most think.
meat loaf Wrote:I think it will be closer than most think.

You think Dixie's defense will perform better, Dixie's offense makes this a shootout, or Dixie just plays better all around? I'm not hating or anything, I just want to see what you think
toussaints Wrote:I agree, CovCath will drop the hammer on Dixie, and then some.

As far as Pike, I hope that coaching staff is reminding Pike of the changes to the ejection rule. Cause his next suspension will most likely be five games, and if that happens, Dixie can wave bye bye to their season and Pike can kiss most of his big school offers goodbye.
He has already committed so the offers really don't mean much. He was ejected 1 game. Some people like to act like it happens every other game. I'm going with Dixie 33 to 21.
nptb17 Wrote:He has already committed so the offers really don't mean much. He was ejected 1 game. Some people like to act like it happens every other game. I'm going with Dixie 33 to 21.

I have seen him in four games and it has happened in all of them. I know a lot of people from kenton co (lived in Edgewood for 6 years) and they say it is the norm. In fact a coworker states it goes back to when he was a 10 year old boy; he would beat kids up for no reason at all (her son was one of them). The young man has a long line of behavioral issues.
Cov Cath
meat loaf Wrote:I think it will be closer than most think.

I agree with you “meat loaf.” Don't forget that Covington Catholic gave up over 500 yards rushing last year against JC. In the game v. Dixie last year Pike single handedly almost defeated Cov. Cath. by running up the middle on almost every play. He eventually got hurt and didn't return to the game. I think the score will be high, because both defenses I don’t believe are that good, but the outcome will be close.
sstack Wrote:I have seen him in four games and it has happened in all of them. I know a lot of people from kenton co (lived in Edgewood for 6 years) and they say it is the norm. In fact a coworker states it goes back to when he was a 10 year old boy; he would beat kids up for no reason at all (her son was one of them). The young man has a long line of behavioral issues.
I have seen him more than four games and all I see is a player wanting to win. That is the problem now at Dixie. A bunch of soft people on the outside looking in. Football isn't a nice person game. I would have hate to have seen a message board when I played at Dixie with the players we had. We were a bunch of pissed off players from the quarterback all the way to the kicker.
Pike could do some damage, but running him every time like they did last season is basically asking him to get banged up. Cov Cath's defense is more physical than last year. If Pike wants to run the ball like he did last year, there's a great possibility of him getting worn out or even hurt. I hope the kid stays healthy but it's almost Russian Roulette (sp?).
Covington Catholic by 14
nptb17 Wrote:He has already committed so the offers really don't mean much. He was ejected 1 game. Some people like to act like it happens every other game. I'm going with Dixie 33 to 21.

but he hasnt signed yet and until he signs, Auburn is still capable of pulling his scholarship
nptb17 Wrote:I have seen him more than four games and all I see is a player wanting to win. That is the problem now at Dixie. A bunch of soft people on the outside looking in. Football isn't a nice person game. I would have hate to have seen a message board when I played at Dixie with the players we had. We were a bunch of pissed off players from the quarterback all the way to the kicker.

id be pissed too if i played at Dixie. They always had talent but couldnt ever win the big ones.
Cov Cath 42
Dixie 21
This game might just be closer then people think Dixie not only gets Pike back at QB and Cohoon back to Receiver, But Hatton plays in this one also he hasn't played for awhile but I remember that Kid when he played and he was hands down the best kid in the league I saw him Friday and he has great size and everyone knows what kind BBall player he is (Quick Fast and Big=Dangerous). If Dixie's Line improves watch out.

Unregistered

cov cath is 4A
birdman44 Wrote:id be pissed too if i played at Dixie. They always had talent but couldnt ever win the big ones.

And the Highlands guys I played against were the same way. Totally different mentality.
walking tall Wrote:This game might just be closer then people think Dixie not only gets Pike back at QB and Cohoon back to Receiver, But Hatton plays in this one also he hasn't played for awhile but I remember that Kid when he played and he was hands down the best kid in the league I saw him Friday and he has great size and everyone knows what kind BBall player he is (Quick Fast and Big=Dangerous). If Dixie's Line improves watch out.

Cohorn played last week at receiver didn't he?
toussaints Wrote:but he hasnt signed yet and until he signs, Auburn is still capable of pulling his scholarship
You really don't know how big time college football works.
nptb17 Wrote:And the Highlands guys I played against were the same way. Totally different mentality.

Perhaps, then again, I played for Highlands and playing angry didn't come close to describing me. My senior year we were actually pretty laid back, even rather mellow if you will before and during a game. We just went out and each did our assignments. It was a very workman-like approach to the game. Think the 1978 UK basketball team here. No yelling, jumping or screaming in the lockerroom before a game. Rather calm actually. I don't think I ever played angry or mad.

And as to playing with emotion relates to the QB spot, personally I believe the QB has to be the coolest cat on the field. When things are not going well, he calmly talks to his players and helps them do better. Yelling at them and jumping down their throats for messing up is usually counterproductive for a QB. Offensive players in particular need to be calm, cool and collected. Anger and passion is usually their undoing.
NO Cohorn played QB With Pike being out
charlie22 Wrote:Perhaps, then again, I played for Highlands and playing angry didn't come close to describing me. My senior year we were actually pretty laid back, even rather mellow if you will before and during a game. We just went out and each did our assignments. It was a very workman-like approach to the game. Think the 1978 UK basketball team here. No yelling, jumping or screaming in the lockerroom before a game. Rather calm actually. I don't think I ever played angry or mad.

And as to playing with emotion relates to the QB spot, personally I believe the QB has to be the coolest cat on the field. When things are not going well, he calmly talks to his players and helps them do better. Yelling at them and jumping down their throats for messing up is usually counterproductive for a QB. Offensive players in particular need to be calm, cool and collected. Anger and passion is usually their undoing.
I can tell you we had Jared not in a good mood the first time we met in 98 and took Derick completely out of the game and he wasn't a happy camper. Hamblem and Melosh(spelling) and a lot of that crew weren't nice on football field as well.
walking tall Wrote:NO Cohorn played QB With Pike being out

Gotcha, thx!
nptb17 Wrote:I can tell you we had Jared not in a good mood the first time we met in 98 and took Derick completely out of the game and he wasn't a happy camper. Hamblem and Melosh(spelling) and a lot of that crew weren't nice on football field as well.

Congrats. Not sure what that has to do with players needing to play angry as you earlier stated, but congrats. When we beat Dixie 28-7 my senior year, I'm sure Coach Browning and a lot of his players weren't happy campers either.

Back to this game, Pike needs to stay as cool as a cucumber. If he gets all angry, loses his composure and focus and gets too focused on what others are doing instead of what he's supposed to be doing, he'll be playing right into the hands of CovCath.
nptb17 Wrote:I can tell you we had Jared not in a good mood the first time we met in 98 and took Derick completely out of the game and he wasn't a happy camper. Hamblem and Melosh(spelling) and a lot of that crew weren't nice on football field as well.

I was on that 98 hhs team and we would get excited on defense but the offense was pretty calm, i dont remember jared yelling or anything maybe after throwing bombs for touchdowns. Hamblen was basically a cave man though, he would die to catch a football. i think we won against dixie both times by multiple TDs.

Anyways...
Pike is a great athlete, I've heard the Goose kid is good but not as good as all the hype. Im interested to see this tandem against Cov Cath and then Highlands. We will know how good Dixie is for real after that. I think we saw how good the supporting cast was when they got blasted by 2A NewCath.

Cov Cath has a very powerful Oline and some speed.

Cov Cath 32
Dixie 24
Pages: 1 2