Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg @ Harlan Ind. 8/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Williamsburg is the higher ranked team and is coming off a 58-0 thrashing of Jellico Tenn.. Harlan is coming off a hard fought loss to a great Pikeville team (probably the #2 ranked 1A team in the mountains) 21-14. What do you think the outcome will be?
Should be a great game. I will give the edge to the Harlan Green Dragons in a tight game.
Williamsburg is my pick to win the region.
Ill take em 28-14 over Harlan.
I got Williamsburg 33-12. Can't wait to see this game. This will be Williamsburg's first test of the season. These young kids are really good and have a ton of speed and skill. I think Hazard has a real contender in the Mountains now in 1A.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Williamsburg is my pick to win the region.

Harlan by 2 tds TongueirateSho
highschoolfan Wrote:Harlan by 2 tds TongueirateSho

Avata bet on that one?
Williamsburg 10-6
Could a moderator please add a poll to this thread please?
Harlan should wins this game because its at home but dont be surprised to see Williamsburg win because they have some talent on the team and there are freshmen and sophomores. Also Id say you will see both Qb's on the field at the same time.
highschoolfan Wrote:Harlan by 2 tds TongueirateSho

I must change my prediction---Williamsburg by 2 TD;s Harlan has no pass defense......ouch they looked real bad covering Pikeville's rec. :rockon:
I'm taking the Green Dragons!
highschoolfan Wrote:I must change my prediction---Williamsburg by 2 TD;s Harlan has no pass defense......ouch they looked real bad covering Pikeville's rec. :rockon:

I think the difference will be that Pikeville had a better line and protect their QB a little better than Williamsburg will be able to do. Harlan has a pretty good pass rush. We had at least 3 QB sacks against the Panthers. I just don't think you can say Williamsburg beats Harlan at Harlan by 2 TD's because Williamsburg beat Jellico Tenn. by 58 points. I think Jenkins could beat Jellico by 3 TD's. If you watch the highlight video,Jellico was trying to arm tackle and had no pass rush what so ever. On offense their QB was big and slow. Their backs were slow also. Their O-line couldn't keep Williamsburgs D-line out of the backfield. The Dragon's have a vetran D-line that will rush the QB. Also, if you say Williamsburg beats Harlan at Harlan by 2 TD's then your saying that Williamsburg is better than Pikeville and should be ranked #2 behind Hazard in the mountains. Harlan (the best team on their weak schedule)is bigger,faster and stronger than Williamsburg. I just don't think Williamsburg is anywhere near as strong as Pikeville.
Harlan - 23

Williamsburg - 14
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Williamsburg is my pick to win the region.
You have them beating Hazard?
Harlan gets back what they left at Pikeville, and gets on the Jackets 35-20.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You have them beating Hazard?

Yes or Pikeville either one.
You guys know im no fan of Wburg, but its where i live.
I know what teohese young men are capable of and with the transfer they got they are seriously dangerous.
Im not going solely off of there drubbing of jellico, as they do that every year, but they also have excellent line play, and i know there skill players are as good if not better than Pikeville and Hazards.
I will be extremely shocked if Wburg doesnt beat Harlan by atleast 2 TD's.
Im not bashing on anyone or saying Harlan cant pull it off, ill just be shocked if they do. Wburg is extremely underrated.
Anxious to see Williamsburg later in the year then, RIUTG...from that assessment, they should be in the state final with Mayfield/Beechwood, as beating Hazard (region) and then Pikeville (semi-state) should be their road to Bowling Green.
After last week with the loss to Pikeville. I would have to say Williamsburg will win big!

Williamsburg - 42
Harlan - 14

Hope I'm wrong but a real let down last week on a not so good team!
Dungy Wrote:Anxious to see Williamsburg later in the year then, RIUTG...from that assessment, they should be in the state final with Mayfield/Beechwood, as beating Hazard (region) and then Pikeville (semi-state) should be their road to Bowling Green.

Thats been the talk around Wburg.
Look, obviously Hazard is going to be there biggest competetion, but really IMO thats the only obstacle that really stand in there way.
Im sure we will know more after Friday but dont be surprised to Wburg blow this thing wide open on Harlan Friday.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thats been the talk around Wburg.
Look, obviously Hazard is going to be there biggest competetion, but really IMO thats the only obstacle that really stand in there way.
Im sure we will know more after Friday but dont be surprised to Wburg blow this thing wide open on Harlan Friday.

What if Harlan beats Williamsburg? What then for them? Obviously if Harlan beats them then they're not that good cause Harlan and Pikeville aren't that good,right?
Not to sure about that assessment runitupthegut. Last season Williamsburg lost 13 seniors from a team that was 7-5 and lost in the second round of the playoffs. They had 5 juniors of which only 3 came back.only difference this year is they picked up Sizemore and another transfer from Corbin I think. I just don't think the Jellico game prove anything. Maybe I'm wrong guess we'll find out Friday night.
Harlan
lion #1 Wrote:What if Harlan beats Williamsburg? What then for them? Obviously if Harlan beats them then they're not that good cause Harlan and Pikeville aren't that good,right?

Then i eat crow.
Ill be the first to admit i was wrong if harlan beats up on them pretty good.
As i said before, i am far from a Wburg fan, but there athletes on offense alone will put up the points every single game.
There line play has improved and to be honest, Pikeville and Hazard, especially Pikeville arent as good as theyve been in years passed, considering how much of a gap there use to be because of how pikeville and hazard have beat up on other teams in the region.
But i think you all will be surprised how much 1 or 2 transfers can help a 1A school out.
I guess we will find out friday when Wburg gets them a piece of Harlan and see how right i am about Wburg, but ill be the first to admit i was dead wrong if Harlan beats up on em.
Last season the 8th Grade football team at Williamsburg was very successful in the small school division. Unless I am mistaken they may have made it to the state championship game in that division. Williamsburg starts about 6 of those kids on this years team and all of them are outstanding football players. Then you add Dalton Sizemore and Jefferson Patrick who has yet to get a real chance at showing his talent on the offense side of the ball, when put with the players they have returning; then yes I say they are going to be good for years to come. Just because kids have returned and played 3 years doesn't mean they are better than new kids to a team. In the words of Coach Cal, "I'll take talent over experience" any day of the week.

With that said I can't wait for the game friday night. Should be a good game.
I think this is going to be a closer game than most of you guys. If I wasn't going to be in Lexington, I'd love to see this game.

I'm thinking Harlan by 3.
Jughead07 Wrote:Last season the 8th Grade football team at Williamsburg was very successful in the small school division. Unless I am mistaken they may have made it to the state championship game in that division. Williamsburg starts about 6 of those kids on this years team and all of them are outstanding football players. Then you add Dalton Sizemore and Jefferson Patrick who has yet to get a real chance at showing his talent on the offense side of the ball, when put with the players they have returning; then yes I say they are going to be good for years to come. Just because kids have returned and played 3 years doesn't mean they are better than new kids to a team. In the words of Coach Cal, "I'll take talent over experience" any day of the week.

With that said I can't wait for the game friday night. Should be a good game.
Are you serious that Williamsburg starts 6 freshmen on offense. Harlan will be starting 8 jr.s and 3 sr.s on offense,the same on defense. All were starters on last years team that beat then undefeated Pineville 46-28. The same Pineville team that 2 weeks later beat Williamsburg by 4. I can tell you the Dragons are very Hungary for this game.
I'm telling you man don't compare this Williamsburg team to last season they are better. No doubt Harlan has improved, I am not denying that. What I am saying is that you can not base the game on last seasons team. I have not watched Harlan play this season, yet I have Williamsburg twice in a scrimmage with Knox Central were neither teams varsity scored and the Jellico game that was a blowout. Can't judge much from the Jellico game really because to be kind they are one of the worst teams I have ever seen play, but what was obvious in both is that Williamsburg's D looked really good in both games and their offense has skill and speed. Not to mention multiple QB's that can show different looks. I am going with Williamsburg based solely on what I have seen so far this season. If Harlan beats them then they are a fine squad.
You can't really use Williamsburg's big win over Jellico as a way to judge this one because Jellico well, I don't really know a better way to put it but, Jellico just isn't a good team. It's not their fault though because, they don't have very many players that came out for the team and they don't have the backing of the community or boosters. Otherwise there would be more players and better players coming out for their team. So, with that said, I think Harlan played a MUCH better team in Pikeville last week and I think this prepared them to come out with a win over the Yellow Jackets. Should be a good game but, I think Harlan is more physical and I don't think that the Williamsburg defense has an answer for DeMarcus Williams!

Harlan - 28

Williamsburg - 21
Final walk throughs today for game tomorrow. Everyones pumped for this one. Good luck to both teams for a hard nosed injury free contest. GO BIG GREEN!!!!
Just reading the local paper's game preview for tomorrow night game and am astonished at the size of williamsburgs offensive tackles. Must be growing giants down in Williamsburg these days. I can't wait to see them play.
Pages: 1 2