Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County @ Russell County 8/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whitley opens up the year at Russell.
I literally know nothing of Russell except for what there schedule looks like.
Whitley needs an opening win to boost there confidence because with there schedule there not going to be very many boost this year.
Ill take Whitley by a score....
28-21 Whitley
I take Whitley 35-17.
Whitley-34
Russell Co-13
Russell returns a good offensive line with their leading rusher. They averaged about 38pts a game last year and played Allen Co. Scottsville fairly close twice last year. It will be a tough opener for Whitley on the road.
How did Whitley do in the scrimmage against Dunbar? Anyone heard?
Mama Bear Wrote:How did Whitley do in the scrimmage against Dunbar? Anyone heard?

I really dont know.
I know at one point early it was Whitley 8-0.
However i didnt go and havent talked to one person that did.
I know HC plays them next week and figured it would be good for you all to get some info on them but i still havent found anything out yet.
Do not sleep on Russell County. They are a very good team. It will be a dog-fight (pardon the term) for who wins that district. Nick Britt is a wonderful offensive threat.
They have a really good shot at pulling off the upset.
Whitley is in really bad shape at the current moment.
WC by 23
Stardust Wrote:WC by 23

Really? :ChairHit:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They have a really good shot at pulling off the upset.
Whitley is in really bad shape at the current moment.
Why is Whitley in really bad shape right now?
Is there something we haven't heard?
colonel4life Wrote:Why is Whitley in really bad shape right now?
Is there something we haven't heard?

It might be the fact that our starting running back walked out on the team and quit right after the scrimmage with jc, and unless he returned or they let him back i dont know who the new starter for whitley will be.
Take that into consideration with the fact that were only dressing around 40 players with few seniors and juniors quite frankly scares me.
Ill be really surprised to see us pull out many wins with the schedule we have.
RC wins
Whitley wins but I do think they are overrated going into this season.
Tailback44 Wrote:Whitley wins but I do think they are overrated going into this season.

I havent heard or seen anywhere where Whitley was rated high so i cannot see how they would be overrated.
I think everyone is well aware that they are really young and inexperienced. I would rank them around 12-15 in class 5A, mostly because there are so many teams in 5A that are so bad.
Russell Co. 28-21.
This should be a fairly even matchup. I have to go with Whitley by a score. This is
one of their better opportunities for a win and it is not an easy one.
Whitley Co
I think this should make for good opening game for Whitley. I think it will be close with Whitley coming out on top.

Whitley Co. - 29

Russell Co. - 27
Whitley by a td
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I havent heard or seen anywhere where Whitley was rated high so i cannot see how they would be overrated.
I think everyone is well aware that they are really young and inexperienced. I would rank them around 12-15 in class 5A, mostly because there are so many teams in 5A that are so bad.

Then why did you rank them 9th in your poll both weeks?
footballfever Wrote:Then why did you rank them 9th in your poll both weeks?

Because im a homer. Just as 99% of people are. And besides its not that big of a leap to put them in there. Other than the top 5 of 5A, i think its safe to say the rest of the teams pretty much suck and would get destroyed by top 10 teams from 4A. So dont give me that, you dont know anything about there situation.
Whatd you expect? For me to stick Wburg in there? Gimma a break....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Because im a homer. Just as 99% of people are. And besides its not that big of a leap to put them in there. Other than the top 5 of 5A, i think its safe to say the rest of the teams pretty much suck and would get destroyed by top 10 teams from 4A. So dont give me that, you dont know anything about there situation.
Whatd you expect? For me to stick Wburg in there? Gimma a break....

I think Wburg is a top 10 team. Will find out Friday night. Not sure Whitley is. Will find out more Friday night. I actually know alot about both teams.

Unregistered

I will take Russle by 14.
^Yes the guest accounts are working!
Britt is one of the premier RBs in the state. He went for 350 Yards, 4 rushing TDs and 1 TD recep against Marion last week. It will be hard for Whitley to hold Russell County under 30 points. If Whitley decides to kick the ball long, they best be prepared to have Russell starting on their side of the field more often than not. That said, I'm not sure how good Russell County's defensive line is. The defense did create 5 turnovers (3 int & 2 fumble recoveries) as well:

Russell Co. 35
Whitley Co 24
laker20 Wrote:Britt is one of the premier RBs in the state. He went for 350 Yards, 4 rushing TDs and 1 TD recep against Marion last week. It will be hard for Whitley to hold Russell County under 30 points. If Whitley decides to kick the ball long, they best be prepared to have Russell starting on their side of the field more often than not. That said, I'm not sure how good Russell County's defensive line is. The defense did create 5 turnovers (3 int & 2 fumble recoveries) as well:

Russell Co. 35
Whitley Co 24

Were ALL of those yards rushing? WOW!
I think it was 350 Yards combined.

Britt has been putting up strong yardage since his Freshman season against teams like ACS, Franklin-Simpson, Somerset, Lone Oak. Playing for a less than "big-time" program, Britt has remained under the radar when it comes to the big names in RBs. He is one of the best I've ever seen at the high school level and if he played for a more highly toughted program could be a candidate for Mr. K-football next year. He's that good (Div I quality back).

Russell County has an offense that can play with anyone. They had 500+ Yards of total offense last week. This years quarterback Bardon Mann is an upgrade from last year's. The question mark for RCHS is the D? They had some key players graduate. I think the secondary are as good or better than last year's team, but it will be interesting to see how the D-line and LBs are against teams that like to run it up the gut.
LWC Wrote:^Yes the guest accounts are working!

Yea, im just really scared were going to be nothing more than a site like topix with people not having to register.
I have mixed feelings about that one. Youre getting to get A LOT of kids on here backing there schools up and cursing the other team.
footballfever Wrote:I think Wburg is a top 10 team. Will find out Friday night. Not sure Whitley is. Will find out more Friday night. I actually know alot about both teams.

Then what are you buggin me for.
Your a homer too. You know as well as i do that even though they have a good and talented team this year, there chances of beating a team like Whitley would be slim to none. They couldnt take the physical beating Whitley would lay on them, its the whole reason they dont play.
You couldnt obviously find 10 teams that were better?
And to think i was talking them up on the Harlan/Wburg thread. I honestly do think they will beat Harlan, but i wouldnt go too far...
Pages: 1 2