Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boone County 28, Southwestern 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final score
Same old song and dance, lots of talk and little action from Southwestern.
Congrats Boone Co.

I thought Southwestern would have put up more of a fight. I actually had them winning this game.
It was 0-0 at the half. Then Boone County scored 28 unanswered points. SW scored with 1:02 left in the game.
Southwestern looked just awful on offense and special teams. What has to be really disturbing for Warrior fans is that they appeared to quit when Boone went up 14-0. It was much like the game against Whitley in the playoffs.
Nice win for Boone County, i thought this game would be closer, but Boone's defense kept SW in check. I think Boone can make some noise in NKY 6A.
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Boone Co.

I thought Southwestern would have put up more of a fight. I actually had them winning this game.

I had the Warriors picked to win this one as well but, I guess they weren't ready to take on a 6A school just yet! I hope that all the preseason hype about the Warriors was more than just hype!

Who scored the lone TD for SW?

Congrats Boone!!
8/20/2011
Boone Co. 28 Southwestern 6

Southwestern 0 0 0 6 6
Boone Co. 0 0 14 14 28
Scoring summary:
BC--Mikel Reynolds 2 run (run failed); BC--Austin Howell 62 pass from Kameron Schwartz (Denzel Cain pass from Schwartz); BC--Jesse Schluze 37 pass from Schwartz (Schluze run); BC--Bryson Thompson 15 run (run failed); S--Dustin Powell 16 pass from Logan Starnes (pass failed).
Records: Boone Co. 1-0, Southwestern 0-1.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1VfN6DOGK
Senior quarterback Kameron Schwartz threw a pair of touchdown passes as Boone County beat Southwestern, 28-6 at the Roy Kidd Bowl at EKU on Saturday.

Schwartz finished 6-of-12 for 143 yards and was named most valuable player of the game. Senior linebacker Robbie Hiles was named most outstanding defensive player.

Senior Bryson Thompson finished with seven catches for 77 yards and a touchdown run for the Rebels, whose placekicker was unavailable due to injuries, forcing Boone County to go for two after each TD.
BOONE CO. 0-0-14-14—28
S’WESTERN 0-0-0-6—6
BC-Reynolds 2 run (run failed)
BC-Howell 57 pass from Schwartz (Cain pass fro Schwartz)
BC-Schulze 42 pass from Schwartz (Schulze run)
BC-Thompson 15 run (pass failed)
S-Powell 16 pass from Starnes (kick failed)
RECORDS: Boone County 1-0, Southwestern 0-1.
BC's defense pretty much threw a shut out, the SW touchdown was against Boone's second DBs and LBs. SW lack of depth is what wore them down after the first half.
Bteasn Wrote:BC's defense pretty much threw a shut out, the SW touchdown was against Boone's second DBs and LBs. SW lack of depth is what wore them down after the first half.

You're totally right. The lack of depth played a huge difference. If Southwestern scores whenever they reached the red zone in the first half, it could have been a totally different outcome. But the Warriors just made wayyyy too many mistakes, rather than taking advantage of their opportunities.
Who's calling the offensive plays for Southwestern?
Same person who has been since 1993, Im guessing.
Wow. I thought SW was suppose to be better than this, or is Boone that good?
Is Boone the real deal this year? i thought this was a GOOD SW team.