Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: who do you think is the best cheer squad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
cheerchick is your name on here, so thats why I referred to you as cheerchick? No one said I was blaming it on the squad either, I said it was making the SF squad look bad by you making a big deal over a petty little thing.
Morgan County has one of the top squads in Eastern Kentucky.
Morgan County is very good. Very nice too!
No doubt SF has a good squad this year but whats up with everyone saying Prestonsburg? I mean yeah they have a few good stunts and stuff but come on thats not everything.........Ohhh yeah and i bet Prestonsburg would like to hear this..... in the All 'A' competiton it was SF on top followed by either Paintsville or BL and then AC took 3rd .......the rebels have one squad that is commonly refered to as the blue squad that is really good this year and is never given their props....now on the other hand they have another squad called the grey squad this is an all freshman team and is struggling b/c this is everyone except 3 or 4's 1st time ever cheering but they are giving a good effort for their 1st year ever cheering together.
Ok.. Prestonsburg is not just stunts. They have about everything that you could ask for on a cheerleading squad. They all have good jumps, they have so great tumblers, and they are loud. I mean they only have 12 girls and they can yell just as loud as a squad that has more than that. I think that all this 60 sec. and 1st and 2nd quarter stuff is all pretty dumb, no matter if south floyd did think that pburg took their turn they still should have had sportsman ship and stood there with their hands behind their backs. I mean I know that is what cheerleaders are supposed to do and I have been to all the Pburg games and I know for a fact that no Pburg cheerleader has never turned their back or held newspaper, because they were always on the floor!
I think Shelby Valley has one of the best squads
I think Magoffin has an excellent squad. They've improved greatly in not just cheerleading but in an all around way. *Let's Go Hornets!*
This discussion will get no one. Everyone will just pick the school that they currently attend or is a alumni from.
Yeah but south floyd does have a good team...its better than prestonsburgs...no comparision with Betsy lane...but i have to give it to Ac they are gettin better
To clear up the 60 sec timeout argument at prestonsburg.. South Floyd took from half court over to south floyds sideline on a 30 SECOND timeout... that does not count as taking the floor and it was south floyds turn to have the floor between 1st and 2nd quarter. Prestonsburg was not entitled to stand with hands behind backs at this time because south floyd wasnt even doind a floor cheer!!.. South Floyd takes these 30 second timeouts at all games and all other school use the same idea to cheer on their side.. and south floyd cheerleaders have not went out for a 60 second full court cheer once this year..

Prestonsburg does have a good squad but they are nothing compared to last years squad.. the 4 years prestonsburg has won the district.. last year was the only year they actually deserved it... South Floyds squad are at their peak right now and i think they will do excellent in districts just like they did at all A region and state.. South Floyd definately has the opportunity to beat prestonsburg at districts... and the only way prestonsburg could win will be because it is hosted at prestonsburg and they get to pick the judges!!
No, the timeout was a 60 sec., and as for last years squad being better than this years. You are definately wrong, this is the best squad Prestonsburg has had in years, they have 11 of 12 standing handsprings. 3 mounts with no fronts with all fulldowns, and I could go on for days. Prestonsburg will win by being the best, not by cheating.. sorry!
No sorry but the time out was a 30 second timeout.. I think i would kno
Yes I think I would too considering I'm a Prestonsburg Cheerleader!
I think i would too considering I'M A SOUTH FLOYD CHEERLEADER!!
I watched the game over and over on Cablevision and it was clearly a 60 sec. timeout. Why is this such a big freaking deal anyway?
what do you mean "by cheating"
"catsfan072" Wrote:No, the timeout was a 60 sec., and as for last years squad being better than this years. You are definately wrong, this is the best squad Prestonsburg has had in years, they have 11 of 12 standing handsprings. 3 mounts with no fronts with all fulldowns, and I could go on for days. Prestonsburg will win by being the best, not by cheating.. sorry!
oh by the way yea we have 13 out of 14 that can do standing backhandsprings so dont be braggin
Read the posts. bestfanever said the only way Prestonsburg would win is because they got to pick the judges.
That is total bull.
"ac_rebel_chick" Wrote:No doubt SF has a good squad this year but whats up with everyone saying Prestonsburg? I mean yeah they have a few good stunts and stuff but come on thats not everything.........Ohhh yeah and i bet Prestonsburg would like to hear this..... in the All 'A' competiton it was SF on top followed by either Paintsville or BL and then AC took 3rd .......the rebels have one squad that is commonly refered to as the blue squad that is really good this year and is never given their props....now on the other hand they have another squad called the grey squad this is an all freshman team and is struggling b/c this is everyone except 3 or 4's 1st time ever cheering but they are giving a good effort for their 1st year ever cheering together.

who is this post supposed to be upholding- and where did u get ur results from the all A- attending the championship game i can assure you that that wasnt they results of the cheerleading competition. it went like this: South Floyd and then SHELBY VALLEY- i really dont think people are giving this squad the credit they deserve. and how would u know the third place? a trophy wasnt even given out- but congrats to both squads and good luck next year to everyone else!
Okk,,I would really like to clear all this South Floyd cheerleaders winning all a stuff. SF won the all a in-game comp for the girls and hazard won the all a ingame come for the boys. But at the actually comp. where the squads perform their 2 1/2 min routines,,in the medium division Hazard beat South Floyd,,they didn't win the all a comp. they won the all a in game,,but so did hazard,,so girls quit trying to take credit for something u didnt win,,be specific
ok first of all you need to get your story straight South Floyd won in game competition for BOYS and Hazard won for GIRLS how could sf win for girls when sf girls wasnt even down there
"HTownCheer" Wrote:Okk,,I would really like to clear all this South Floyd cheerleaders winning all a stuff. SF won the all a in-game comp for the girls and hazard won the all a ingame come for the boys. But at the actually comp. where the squads perform their 2 1/2 min routines,,in the medium division Hazard beat South Floyd,,they didn't win the all a comp. they won the all a in game,,but so did hazard,,so girls quit trying to take credit for something u didnt win,,be specific
"cheerchick" Wrote:ok first of all you need to get your story straight South Floyd won in game competition for BOYS and Hazard won for GIRLS how could sf win for girls when sf girls wasnt even down there

like i said n my previous post,,my bad,,i know they won it for the boys,,i was down there,,i got mixed up,,but sf got 3rd in the all a state at large comp. they didn't win it,,thats what they r trying to promote!
Pages: 1 2