Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 40 West Jessamine 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final - Somerset 40 West Jessamine 19
The Briar Jumpers picked up where they left off last season with this high scoring offense!! Saw the highlights on Sports OT and Alex Lange looked really good at QB!!
I went to the game. THe Jumpers looked pretty good. I can't wait for next Friday night's Ray Correll Bowl contest against Pulaski County.
Good opener for the Jumpers. They made a few mental mistakes that they need to fix. Somerset had 2 touchdowns called back on penalties--they scored on one of the drives anyway but they have to clean that up. West got one touchdown on a punt return, another after another Somerset penalty gave them a first down and the last one on the Briar Jumpers reserves. The penalties and special teams miscues can be big in a close game--but they can be fixed as well. All in all a solid opener for the Briar Jumpers. Now on to the Correll Bowl and Pulaski County.
Can the Jumpers be as good as last season?
This one scares me. I didnt expect the jumpers to be putting up points like that.
Looks like Whitley is gonna have yet another very tough opponent.
I am going to watch this one later on wazoosports.com
Jumpers played pretty solid most of the night. Several penalties, some missed assignments, dropped passes and missed tackles overall just a normal Game 1.

Jumpers didn't do anything flashy but still ended up scoring 40 and could have easily been much more.

Jumpers D while smaller than in the past has really good speed and did a good job getting to the ball all night.

Looking foward to Pulaski in the Correll Bowl next week.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This one scares me. I didnt expect the jumpers to be putting up points like that.
Looks like Whitley is gonna have yet another very tough opponent.

Anyone on Somerset's schedule that has marked the Briar Jumpers down as an easy win just because they graduated 19 seniors is in for a rude awakening. They may not go 10-0 this season but they can beat any team on the schedule.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Anyone on Somerset's schedule that has marked the Briar Jumpers down as an easy win just because they graduated 19 seniors is in for a rude awakening. They may not go 10-0 this season but they can beat any team on the schedule.

Exactly right Norm. They have plenty of experience and lots of talent to replace what was lost. This team has all the potential to be just as good as or better than the previous two.
Yeah, I agree with the last 2 posts. The Jumpers defintely turned some heads last night.
Somerset looked really good in this one.

With them being so young one has to think this team is going to only get better as the year goes on.
What happened to # 10 and # 34 for West Jessamine--I saw # 10 with his arm in a sling?