Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BBCOR Bats - which one's are the best
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, does anyone have any experience with them? My son heads off to college and I plan to get him one before he leaves to use in heir fall season. The team is sponsored by Nike, but the players are free to use any bat they wish.

I coached the 18U Bluegrass team and playing against several college players, everyone had their own experience with the new bats, and no matter which you used, it sounds like they all sucked! I've heard that the 2012 models seem to be a little better. I've been told to stay away from any 2011 models of any brand.

I'm also in the process of purchasing our High School equipment, and before I look to buy 5-6 new bats, I wanted to get a few more opinions.
ttt
a lot of college programs had different brands, UK used a red nike bat and the players loved it, other programs said they liked the TPX style bats. All of these bats are awful and the numbers will go down in high school this coming year, baseball teams will do more small ball stuff, bunting, sacrificing, hitting other way, hit and run, as a baseball fan it could be good for the game but it takes some excitment out of the game.
You will quickly find out which kids can really hit. The ball sounds different coming off the bat and none of the college kids had found one they really liked.
Quote: baseball teams will do more small ball stuff, bunting, sacrificing, hitting other way, hit and run, as a baseball fan it could be good for the game but it takes some excitment out of the game.

You mean baseball will finally be played the way it was intended to be played. I am glad the era of guys hitting homeruns off the end of the bats and getting jammed an still being able to launch one deep is slowly coming to an end. I agree with the statement that we will now see which kids can truly play the game from a hitters view. Too many times we see kids show how selfish they are when the circumstance calls for hitting behind runners or bunting to move a runner into scoring position, todays kids want to just muscle up and try to pad their RBI stats. They usually end up hitting a weak ground ball to the left side and ruining any chance to have scored a run for their team.
jackrabbit22 Wrote:a lot of college programs had different brands, UK used a red nike bat and the players loved it, other programs said they liked the TPX style bats. All of these bats are awful and the numbers will go down in high school this coming year, baseball teams will do more small ball stuff, bunting, sacrificing, hitting other way, hit and run, as a baseball fan it could be good for the game but it takes some excitment out of the game.

Thanks for the feedback.

I get what the bats do and don't do now that they have changed. I'm trying to get feedback specifically on Bats used this past season and what the performance was from them specifically.
I don't think any of the BBCOR bats have received rave reviews, the simple reason is there is a very limited sweet spot on all the bats as has been throughly discussed. From what I have read on reviews an so forth the new Rawlings BBCOR bat probably has the best reviews I have read, but I really don't know if that means much.
^ We have talked about the Rawlings bat and right now it can be purchased for $180. So, it seems good enough to try for that price and see how it does in his college fall season.