Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can he do it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can J. J. Jude break kentuckys rushing record it has stood for 15 years and is held by derek homer. Jude needs 2709 yards to surpass it thats 550 yards less than last year can he do it........tell me what you think and would you like to see it happen for an eastern ky kid.
According to WYMT's Derek Forrest, JJ Jude has ran for 5,498 yards and needs 2,726 yards to become the state's all-time leading rusher.
IMHO Jude breaks the record this year with ease. He is a very determined young man who works very hard to be great. He is what i wish all athletes would be as a person. This year he is faster and stronger than ever before and the young offensive line will surprise people. Go JUDE!
okay so i missed it by a few yards nevermind that will he break it or wont he
Jude may do it, but Anthony Wales of Louisville Central is less than 100 yards behind Jude. Both could break Homer's record this year.
leecoukfan Wrote:According to WYMT's Derek Forrest, JJ Jude has ran for 5,498 yards and needs 2,726 yards to become the state's all-time leading rusher.
According to the Louisville Courier-Journal, Jude has 5,515 yards and Anthony Wales has 5,429 yards.
He has a good chance to break the record. He has a coach who likes personal records and will let him run up some big numbers late in games, against lesser competition when the game is all but over.
Bell's Davenport could be in this running if he was allowed to run at will. You take good kids like Jude and Davenport and it would be easy for either to break the record. Davenport touched the ball one time against Madison Southern and Bell still beat them 60+ points. I say good luck to Jude and I'm glad a mountain player will hold the record (I'm sure he will) but other kids could easily contend for this if coaches allowed them to run lesser teams in the ground. JMO
He might get a 1000 vs Heath.
IAM22 Wrote:He might get a 1000 vs Heath.

:lmao: sad but not a stretch, Wink
IAM22 Wrote:He might get a 1000 vs Heath.

Exactly, I dont think Heath won a game last year and is not expected to win one this year and then you Matney who will allow the Jude kid to run wild when he should not be in the game. The Johnson Coach gets an F for sportmansship. The Heath game could be another Woodford County game. None of this is Jude's fault though, he is doing what he is told to do. Outlaw Jossie Wales might have somthing to say about who get the record but with bad sport Matney I would put my $ on Jude
I hope jude breaks it instead of whales idk much about the northern part of the state but I want a mountain kid to do it........
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Bell's Davenport could be in this running if he was allowed to run at will. You take good kids like Jude and Davenport and it would be easy for either to break the record. Davenport touched the ball one time against Madison Southern and Bell still beat them 60+ points. I say good luck to Jude and I'm glad a mountain player will hold the record (I'm sure he will) but other kids could easily contend for this if coaches allowed them to run lesser teams in the ground. JMO

I saw on the bell co preview that davenport would be in the slot some in the new offense I think this is a bad move he should stay at rb 90 percent of the time......How many rushing yards does he have?
sstack Wrote:He has a good chance to break the record. He has a coach who likes personal records and will let him run up some big numbers late in games, against lesser competition when the game is all but over.

And he best hope that for the sake of the record he sacrifices him for any chance at a state title run! Injuries happen when they are not supposed to happen!
Stardust Wrote:And he best hope that for the sake of the record he sacrifices him for any chance at a state title run! Injuries happen when they are not supposed to happen!

I hope that you didnt jinx the record if you believe in superstitions ill agree injuries happen but lets hope not to him the kid deserves the record
^ I'm by no means hoping injury! And I don't believe in stupid superstitious like "jinx's". But I do know it's a fact that injuries happen just as often to athletes when they have no business being in a game. If something bad happens to this young man when it matters the least, you watch this message board BLOW-UP with the crucifiction of the coach! If he gets the record, then you will have the haters who will say it was done for all the wrong reasons against competition's 3rd stringers. And then there will be those like you who say he deserves it! He deserves it no more than the Wales kid, or anyone else out there. I don't buy into "he deserves it"!

Honestly Davenport is who everyone should be talking about based on the kind of numbers he puts up for so few touches. My guess is he could already be in the record books if he was allowed to be. I have no dog in the fight and really don't care. but I don't feel anyone deserves records, they are earned! Sometimes they are earned for all the wrong reasons as well!
Brandon40403 Wrote:Can J. J. Jude break kentuckys rushing record it has stood for 15 years and is held by derek homer. Jude needs 2709 yards to surpass it thats 550 yards less than last year can he do it........tell me what you think and would you like to see it happen for an eastern ky kid.

he will get 700 yds in 1st half against health, i am not saying that to be funny,its a possibilty,there not good at all...
Stardust Wrote:^ I'm by no means hoping injury! And I don't believe in stupid superstitious like "jinx's". But I do know it's a fact that injuries happen just as often to athletes when they have no business being in a game. If something bad happens to this young man when it matters the least, you watch this message board BLOW-UP with the crucifiction of the coach! If he gets the record, then you will have the haters who will say it was done for all the wrong reasons against competition's 3rd stringers. And then there will be those like you who say he deserves it! He deserves it no more than the Wales kid, or anyone else out there. I don't buy into "he deserves it"!

Honestly Davenport is who everyone should be talking about based on the kind of numbers he puts up for so few touches. My guess is he could already be in the record books if he was allowed to be. I have no dog in the fight and really don't care. but I don't feel anyone deserves records, they are earned! Sometimes they are earned for all the wrong reasons as well!

your right like keeping in the 3-4 periods with big lead..
^ And watch this site blow-up with all the negative comments!
Jarons Wrote:Jude may do it, but Anthony Wales of Louisville Central is less than 100 yards behind Jude. Both could break Homer's record this year.

and whales playes better competion(all around)
^ I do put credence in the level of competition. If you are putting up 300 yards against JV and Freshman defenses, then it's like comparing the WWE championship to the UFC championship. They are both titles, but one was given to you without ever really having to be "the best".
I say he deserves it because he is a kid from the mountains were players like this dont come along often whereas in the northern parts of the state this caliber of player is almost come to be expected I root for the little guy im not saying that wales doesnt deserve it as much or more than jude i think that you misunderstood me on that part......Bottom line in both cases when you have kids this close to a record you get them the record i would just rather see it done at a mountain school than a big city school..........If your not from the mountains you wont understand......
You know, if I said "if you are not from NKY you just wouldn't understand", you wouldn't! I still don't get that argument or comment. We have races that say that every day! We have political figures that say that every day! Is there really this "victim" feeling that still exists in 2011?
Stardust Wrote:And he best hope that for the sake of the record he sacrifices him for any chance at a state title run! Injuries happen when they are not supposed to happen!

Sorta like what happened to Boobie Miles down at Periman and it cost them the state title
^ Amen Mayfield. Happens all the time, just hope it's not the case here.
I'm pulling for him, go get it Jude!
I am from the eastern part of the state so I root for those teams just as the guys from the northern part of the state root for those teams.....its not a race issue or a political issue dude Really? its sports and everyone has a preference
Brandon40403 Wrote:I say he deserves it because he is a kid from the mountains were players like this dont come along often whereas in the northern parts of the state this caliber of player is almost come to be expected I root for the little guy im not saying that wales doesnt deserve it as much or more than jude i think that you misunderstood me on that part......Bottom line in both cases when you have kids this close to a record you get them the record i would just rather see it done at a mountain school than a big city school..........If your not from the mountains you wont understand......
So you're saying Wales does not deserve the record if both break Homer's record and Wales finishes with more career yards than Jude just because he is from Louisville?
Brandon40403 Wrote:I am from the eastern part of the state so I root for those teams just as the guys from the northern part of the state root for those teams.....its not a race issue or a political issue dude Really? its sports and everyone has a preference

i was from Belfry and root for all those kids over that way, i just dont like kids getting alot of carries and yrds when game is out of hand just for personal gain, and something that could get them hurt..
I'd say he gets it with ease
Pages: 1 2 3