Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nba players in the Nfl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright me and my friend were talking about Jordan and his baseball years. Then we recalled Kobe Bryant saying he would be a wide receiver in the NFL. Id like to know everyone opinion about that.

But the most important thing I want everyones opinion on is Allen Iverson. My friend said to me, "Iverson isnt fast enough. He is no where near as fast as any cornerback or WR in the league today". And he was referring to Iverson in his prime when he is arguably one of the 3 fastest Nba players of all time. I think he is absolutely ridiculous thinking Iverson was slow by any standards. I think he could have played in the NFL. What say you?

And for the sake of a good friend what are some other players you think could transition to the NFL from the NBA?
Iverson was a Great QB, Before there was a Michael Vick Or Vince Young, there was allen Iverson, the kid was amazing at both the free safety and one of the top QB's in the land in high school.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Iverson was a Great QB, Before there was a Michael Vick Or Vince Young, there was allen Iverson, the kid was amazing at both the free safety and one of the top QB's in the land in high school.

I know. I have watched videos of him playing highschool. Just more reasons why I really think my friend is just hating on NBA. He isnt a basketball person. Hes all baseball and nfl. He wont give nba any credit or praise what so ever.
K_Mac Wrote:I know. I have watched videos of him playing highschool. Just more reasons why I really think my friend is just hating on NBA. He isnt a basketball person. Hes all baseball and nfl. He wont give nba any credit or praise what so ever.

then he obviously doesn't know sports.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:then he obviously doesn't know sports.

Well, he knows a ton about baseball, ill give him that. We played a sports trivia game and he crushed me at the baseball part of it (but i think baseball is more boring then tennis). And he knows his nfl, but he just really hates basketball for some reason. Cant explain why.
So wildcat, do you think Iverson is slow in comparison to nfl players as he suggests? And do you think Kobe would be tough enough to play in the nfl?
Nothing lists a difinitive time for AI, but ChaCha has it listed as 4.63 for his 40. If that's legit, there a LB's that are as fast as that. Let's not confuse quick for fast.

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-fast-...-yard-dash
Stardust Wrote:Nothing lists a difinitive time for AI, but ChaCha has it listed as 4.63 for his 40. If that's legit, there a LB's that are as fast as that. Let's not confuse quick for fast.

I really just cant believe he was that slow. The iverson i remember was ridiculously fast or quick however u want to put it and that was WITH a basketball in his hands. i can only imagine he was quicker without it.
Lebron was a hell of a WR in HS
We just had this thread about a month ago
ekff Wrote:We just had this thread about a month ago

lol.. ahh boys..
K_Mac Wrote:So wildcat, do you think Iverson is slow in comparison to nfl players as he suggests? And do you think Kobe would be tough enough to play in the nfl?

I wasn't ask to answer this but I'll put my 2 cents in anyway. I think Iverson was fast enough to play NFL but Kobe can't even stay injury free playing basketball, let alone playing against guys that are way stronger, as fast or faster, and 9 times out of 10 as athletic as you. Golf seems to be a game for Kobe. They are many players in the NBA that could play NFL. I think they are more NBA players that could do it than most people realize though, given the time to prepare.
K_Mac Wrote:So wildcat, do you think Iverson is slow in comparison to nfl players as he suggests? And do you think Kobe would be tough enough to play in the nfl?

When he first entered the NBA he was considered one of the fastest athletes of that time. I think bleacher Report has him at #12 of all-time.. Speed would not have been an issue for Iverson in the NFL i dont believe. Other than shaq iverson was the most beat on player in the NBA. Played with injuries every night and kept on going.

Idk about Kobe, His Injuries always cause him great issues. NOt for sure what some real contact would do to him.

It takes life long skill to learn a professional sport, Not for sure if a NBA player could just transition to the NFL. Or the other way around.
ekff Wrote:We just had this thread about a month ago

lmao. where was I a month ago then? Must have been busy. I started this thread strictly due to my conversation with a friend. My bad.
Where is it at though nba thread or nfl thread? Id like to go see everyones opinions haha.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:When he first entered the NBA he was considered one of the fastest athletes of that time. I think bleacher Report has him at #12 of all-time.. Speed would not have been an issue for Iverson in the NFL i dont believe. Other than shaq iverson was the most beat on player in the NBA. Played with injuries every night and kept on going.

Idk about Kobe, His Injuries always cause him great issues. NOt for sure what some real contact would do to him.

It takes life long skill to learn a professional sport, Not for sure if a NBA player could just transition to the NFL. Or the other way around.

You know, I actually agree with you on all counts here. I think if Kobe in HS said "I want to play in the nfl" or Kobe in his prime said that, then with his work ethic and drive he could have made it happen though. And it had Iverson has 12th fastest all time in the nba? Am I reading that correct? Or is it 12th fastest athlete all sports considered?
K_Mac Wrote:You know, I actually agree with you on all counts here. I think if Kobe in HS said "I want to play in the nfl" or Kobe in his prime said that, then with his work ethic and drive he could have made it happen though. And it had Iverson has 12th fastest all time in the nba? Am I reading that correct? Or is it 12th fastest athlete all sports considered?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/32665...me/page/14

Alltime.
Stardust Wrote:Nothing lists a difinitive time for AI, but ChaCha has it listed as 4.63 for his 40. If that's legit, there a LB's that are as fast as that. Let's not confuse quick for fast.

Man I ran in the 4.5's when I was in high school. I know Iverson had to be faster than me.
^ I think it's fair to assume AI was faster than that, there just is nothing listed anywhere. I have no clue where wiki got the answer.
Stardust Wrote:^ I think it's fair to assume AI was faster than that, there just is nothing listed anywhere. I have no clue where wiki got the answer.

I agree. I mean id bet my best friends left arm on Iverson being faster then that lol (sorry ville..)
Me and Zaga had a discussion like this.
Basically the timers at these combines are a little harder than the ones around here.
While me and Amun-Ra could probably run 4.5's all day in a 40 yard...
These guys could probably run it in 4.0 flat in their prime.
Plus when I ran mine, I ran it on a track and came out of a shoot which is supposed to cut tenths off of your 40 instead of starting just standing straight up.
[quote=K_Mac]I agree. I mean id bet my best friends left arm on Iverson being faster then that lol (sorry ville..)[/QUOTE]

lol.... :biggrin:
Ballers Wrote:[quote=K_Mac]I agree. I mean id bet my best friends left arm on Iverson being faster then that lol (sorry ville..)[/QUOTE]

lol.... :biggrin:

lol, you like that? haha
I bet John Wall would be a killer of a receiver
^^^I do not think John Wall is big enough to play WR in the NFL. Maybe as a return guy. I could see Dwight Howard playing Tight End.
judgementday Wrote:^^^I do not think John Wall is big enough to play WR in the NFL. Maybe as a return guy. I could see Dwight Howard playing Tight End.

Wall is 6'4 and 195lbs I don't think size would be his problem. lol
I feel like Jason Kidd could have played QB and Nash could be a kicker..
This is a little off topic but Charlie Ward was a Heisman Trophy winner but decided to play in the NBA instead of the NFL. Wonder what kind of football career he would have had...
Will someone please tell me why Lebron hasen't been mentiond yet? I hate him more than anyone cause i am a die hard kobe fan. But in high school he also played football where he was first team All State 2 years in a row. And now at 6'8" 280 you don't think he could still play reciever? All he would have to do is out jump DB's and as we all know Lebron has no problem doing that. I'm sure his speed wouldent be a factor either.
All i do is win Wrote:Will someone please tell me why Lebron hasen't been mentiond yet? I hate him more than anyone cause i am a die hard kobe fan. But in high school he also played football where he was first team All State 2 years in a row. And now at 6'8" 280 you don't think he could still play reciever? All he would have to do is out jump DB's and as we all know Lebron has no problem doing that. I'm sure his speed wouldent be a factor either.

He has been mentioned! lol
Pages: 1 2 3