Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ Lawrence County 8/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This should be a good match-up
this will be a tough game for LC but with coach caudill they will win
Ashland 27-23.
dawg4life78 Wrote:this will be a tough game for LC but with coach caudill they will win

Caudill is the man!! He knows more about Xs and Os than any other O-line coach ever at LC. He will get them squared away this coming week and run all over Ashland mark it down!
My serious prediction.

LC-20 Ashland -14
bulldog4life Wrote:Caudill is the man!! He knows more about Xs and Os than any other O-line coach ever at LC. He will get them squared away this coming week and run all over Ashland mark it down!

Consider it marked..... :yawn:
anyone noticed that since caudill has be here and changed the lifting back to power rather than sammons special training that there has been more injuries in this preseason than all three years sammons was here and they beat the crap outta each other. just a thought
Section213 Wrote:anyone noticed that since caudill has be here and changed the lifting back to power rather than sammons special training that there has been more injuries in this preseason than all three years sammons was here and they beat the crap outta each other. just a thought
I have heard that not much emphasis is put on weight training. Instead of 3 hours 3days a week its more like 1 hour 3 days a week. And apparently its not mandatory like it was under Sammons. As for the injuries they happened when Sammons was here to. I have heard that some considered Sammons program more total body building than a strictly power regimen. Of course several serious players do additional workouts on their own. Weight training is very specific and if you are not an expert in this field sometimes you can cause more harm than good. Sammons program was position specific for certain muscle groups and core specific for all and more importantly if you wanted to play you better not miss weights.
bulldog4life Wrote:Caudill is the man!! He knows more about Xs and Os than any other O-line coach ever at LC. He will get them squared away this coming week and run all over Ashland mark it down!

I'll have some of what he's having! Much stranger things can and do happen but seriously, Johnson Central has barely managed to win against the Cats the past two seasons and LC is going to run all over them? Not likely.
I'll say Ashland wins in a close one. LC lost to much to predict them winning against a team like Ashland this early in the season. Hope I'm wrong.
LAWRENCE CO.21 ASHLAND 14 IN OVER TIME!:Thumbs::Cheerlead
Should be a good game!! Lawrence Co.wins cause of home field advantage!!
dawgbyte02 Wrote:I have heard that not much emphasis is put on weight training. Instead of 3 hours 3days a week its more like 1 hour 3 days a week. And apparently its not mandatory like it was under Sammons. As for the injuries they happened when Sammons was here to. I have heard that some considered Sammons program more total body building than a strictly power regimen. Of course several serious players do additional workouts on their own. Weight training is very specific and if you are not an expert in this field sometimes you can cause more harm than good. Sammons program was position specific for certain muscle groups and core specific for all and more importantly if you wanted to play you better not miss weights.

My guess is Caudill is focusing on power lifting and muscle building because thats what he knows and what he had success with when he played for LC in the late 90's. Then LC would just line up and run over you with the running game. Curious to see how this approach works nowadays.
TomCats in a close one.
As in the other thread. I predict the Bulldogs in this one.
Gapman apparently you weren't at the jc - Ashland game last year
falcon ed Wrote:Gapman apparently you weren't at the jc - Ashland game last year

Yeah, I saw the 70 yard penalty that robbed Ashland of their possession when JC was forced to punt. The Ashland center started out onto the field (after the tackle) and still got an illegal participation penalty. We were on the JC 36 as I recall the score at that point was close (1 TD) Ashland definitely had a shot at them. Last I heard you are permitted to have someone to center the football when on offense. And, I saw a time out called with less than 10 seconds left to set up a TD to pad the score. Not to mention the fact that the Cats blew yet another opportunity when they threw an INT before the half on about the JC 45.
gapman Wrote:Yeah, I saw the 70 yard penalty that robbed Ashland of their possession when JC was forced to punt. The Ashland center started out onto the field (after the tackle) and still got an illegal participation penalty. We were on the JC 36 as I recall the score at that point was close (1 TD) Ashland definitely had a shot at them. Last I heard you are permitted to have someone to center the football when on offense. And, I saw a time out called with less than 10 seconds left to set up a TD to pad the score. Not to mention the fact that the Cats blew yet another opportunity when they threw an INT before the half on about the JC 45.
I guess I should've explained myself a little better, I was really just talking about the rushing game that jc had that game cuz if I remember correctly jc ran the ball at will that's all I was saying
falcon ed Wrote:I guess I should've explained myself a little better, I was really just talking about the rushing game that jc had that game cuz if I remember correctly jc ran the ball at will that's all I was saying

They had a several big rushing plays that night. Jude played good the whole game. J K Hall pulled the pearl a few times and had several long gains on that bootleg. Ousley got several key first downs on the (relatively) short yardage situations too. JC did have a good rushing night. They haven't passed that much against Ashland last two years so that would stand to reason.
Ashland
Ashland by 14+
gapman Wrote:They had a several big rushing plays that night. Jude played good the whole game. J K Hall pulled the pearl a few times and had several long gains on that bootleg. Ousley got several key first downs on the (relatively) short yardage situations too. JC did have a good rushing night. They haven't passed that much against Ashland last two years so that would stand to reason.

Best I can remember Jude had three touchdowns and over 200 yards rushing in JC's first 3 plays from scrimmage and all came within the first two minutes of the game.
gapman Wrote:Yeah, I saw the 70 yard penalty that robbed Ashland of their possession when JC was forced to punt. The Ashland center started out onto the field (after the tackle) and still got an illegal participation penalty. We were on the JC 36 as I recall the score at that point was close (1 TD) Ashland definitely had a shot at them. Last I heard you are permitted to have someone to center the football when on offense. And, I saw a time out called with less than 10 seconds left to set up a TD to pad the score. Not to mention the fact that the Cats blew yet another opportunity when they threw an INT before the half on about the JC 45.
How many in a row did that make JCHS winning?? 7 or 8 ???? Be thankful that you the state rewarded you another Home game vs JCHS again this year. Thing about it is JCHS and Ashland's Talent has been real close the last few years but Ashland tries to play that Stupid Spread Offense, if its not a bad snap its a bad throw and if the snap is good and the throw is good then its a dropped pass. The RB has to run 7 yards to get back to the line, which is crazy!! You can blame the refs all you want but Ashland Clearly beat themselves last year. You better jump on JCHS this year while there playing a young QB because real SPEED on top of SPEED and SIZE is coming up at JCHS! Maybe the cats can cry hard to the KHSAA and get moved out of JCHS's District. As far as calling timeout to set up a play, ,,, as long as there is time on the clock a KID has the right to PLAY the game, its up to your COACH to have his team Ready when the whistle blows!! So, if your not happy CRY to your coach or get a new one, its his job to have his team READY! Getting a Coach is probably the best advice for the Ashland program! L
27-24 Ashland
IHSTigers Wrote:27-24 Ashland

Dude this game has been done for two weeks
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Dude this game has been done for two weeks

I always was a little slow....